Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As tough as Texas is------when it comes to knocking on doors the police have their hands tied.......if the teens decide not to answer the door in reference to noise, disorderly conduct, etc., and most of the most disorderly (our darling neighbors for one) know this they don't answer the door. Nothing the police can do about it unless they get a special court-ordered document which will support that drugs are on the premises or guns, etc., very difficult to get and from a judge........I know because my son is now a cop and so is our next door neighbor. Fortunately, our little hellions across the street have grown up. Still the young man remains at home and for all sakes and appearances seems to be dabbling in something illegal.......he's unemployed though he did try to get into the military service and was turned down and cars are coming and going all the time esp. on the weekends.......so who knows......babetoo, move over, Crabby 2 is joining you!! :)

go for it. things were all quiet last night, i thought they would have a fourth of july party. have no clue if it was the cops or just simply went to fireworks, or ? anyway i enjoyed the quiet.

babe:-p

Babetoo, thank goodness you had peace and quiet on July 4th of all days.......guess your neighbors were partying elsewhere more than likely and driving some other crab crazy :) Crabs raise your claws and UNITE----we're backing up and don't get in our way cause we can't see you!!!........

And LP that's one lovely landlady you've got there---my condoloences--our landlady is a doll..........have you had a little chinwag with her to find out what's the problem? Are other tenants complaining? I would think that she'd get tired of making $87 donations for no reason.........as long as she is I do have an address that she can send them to............:)

We supposedly own our townhouse. We paid for it and pay monthly maintenance fees just like any other strata complex. The big difference is that this complex in on leasehold land (with 84 years left on the 99 year lease). As such the selling price was lower; however, it also means that we seem to be beholden to the rules of the management company that owns the leasehold, more so than if it was a straight strata where we would be able to vote. The manager is only supposed to really manage the rental units that are part of the property and act as a go-between with the management company and the leaseholders (like us) but she seems to have a power trip. The ironic thing is that she herself is a renter here, not a leaseholder. She has not returned our call regarding this second tow, but I am sure she will when the management company gets my letter. The funny thing is we have never personally had a problem with her before.....though we know others have.

:) Sounds like your land lady is nuts. I mean would it not be common sense and her job responsibility for her to to call you first to find out what the the deal is with your parking spot? Just common courtesy in my opinion.

Surely it costs very little in time and is good manners to talk to someone about the problem first, instead of ordering a tow truck. Good customer relations are vital & even more so when you are not really heer customer. We are on leasehold land and the management company is pretty good about sending out letters when they percieve a problem.

We supposedly own our townhouse. We paid for it and pay monthly maintenance fees just like any other strata complex. The big difference is that this complex in on leasehold land (with 84 years left on the 99 year lease). As such the selling price was lower; however, it also means that we seem to be beholden to the rules of the management company that owns the leasehold, more so than if it was a straight strata where we would be able to vote. The manager is only supposed to really manage the rental units that are part of the property and act as a go-between with the management company and the leaseholders (like us) but she seems to have a power trip. The ironic thing is that she herself is a renter here, not a leaseholder. She has not returned our call regarding this second tow, but I am sure she will when the management company gets my letter. The funny thing is we have never personally had a problem with her before.....though we know others have.

This story just gets better and better! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

my kitty, ozzy, passed away saturday. my Mum took him his vet & he stayed 3 days getting fluids & antibiotics. he went into kidney failure, & they said he should be put to sleep. sigh. my Dad was working & his phone wasn't on, so he didn't find out till after work.:(

Laurie, I'm so sorry I haven't been around much, but I have been reading and I cannot believe how many "rules" there are, and how they manage to pile up upon perfectly decent people!!!! You are more than welcome to buy a ginormous double-wide trailer and plop it on my property, and I don't care WHAT kind of cars you have or where you park them!!!!!!!!!!

My silly vent. It's finally been 90 about 3 times.... in the last 2 1/2 weeks. Yes, it's warm. Here's the obnoxious-I-need-to-vent part.....

We have had the coldest, wettest, spring and early summer in 15 years. Longer maybe.... I've been here 21 years and can't remember ALL of them.... but I dont remember such a COLD spring!!!!
It has not rained but once in the last 3 weeks, all of a sudden very dry (careful what you wish for it may come true) but not super hot.
The idiot news weather person starts out the teaser at the start with "when will we get a break from the heat".........
ITS NOT BEEN HOT YET!!!!
They whine and whine about how cold it is around here, then the SECOND it gets to 84, half the state cranks up the a/c and whines it's too hot!!!!

Maybe its just me and my misplaced freezebaby ways, but it is NOT HOT YET and if it gets there REVEL in it, it only lasts 2 months!!!!!!!!!

Here's my vent for the day. My son, Barrett, 20 months old has been having major digestive issues. We think he has Celiac where he can't have gluten, and we also think he has some other problems as well which we are trying to pinpoint.

My church has a nursery for kids age 18 months to 3 years during classes so parents can go to classes without worrying about their children. I worked in the nursery for several months so I've had Barrett in their with me since he was 10 months old. Now that I've given birth to another child I don't work in there anymore and do something else. Anyway, another lady has worked in there with me the whole time and still does. She knows Barrett cannot have wheat and has seen me go to great measure to prevent him from eating "illegal" snacks off the floor or taking them from other kids.

Back to the story...the last few weeks we have put him on a really strict diet to try and figure out problem foods. Come to find out, since I quit working in the nursery, this woman, who has been a good friend of mine, has been giving him graham crackers and goldfish crackers just because he would ask for them and felt bad for him, and never told me. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder I haven't been able to identify problem foods! The only reason we found out is because my husband went to check on him and saw him with a handful of fish. Next week I am going to give her a very detailed account of what happens to him when he eats those things, and if she doesn't stop I'm either having her pulled from the nursery or I'm pulling him from it!

my kitty, ozzy, passed away saturday. my Mum took him his vet & he stayed 3 days getting fluids & antibiotics. he went into kidney failure, & they said he should be put to sleep. sigh. my Dad was working & his phone wasn't on, so he didn't find out till after work.:(

oh luvs,

i am so sorry. losing a beloved pet is very hard. i know you will miss him. sometimes i complain about my thomas but i would be crushed if something happened to him. was he very old?

babe:(

I have been reading the posts but haven't posted here in a few days. Expatgirl, I'm glad you made it back safely, and I'm glad they got their stupid mess in order.

For the health concerns, I am praying. I hope the wait doesn't seem too long Laurie.

Luvs, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. :flowers:

Laurie, I guess you don't have to worry about anyone stealing your car--Impound lots are usually locked up. :LOL: Seriously, I hope your car towing woes are over. What a pain!

No vents from me--things are going pretty well. If that changes, you'll be the first to know! LOL :-p

:)Barbara

Here's my vent for the day. My son, Barrett, 20 months old has been having major digestive issues. We think he has Celiac where he can't have gluten, and we also think he has some other problems as well which we are trying to pinpoint.

My church has a nursery for kids age 18 months to 3 years during classes so parents can go to classes without worrying about their children. I worked in the nursery for several months so I've had Barrett in their with me since he was 10 months old. Now that I've given birth to another child I don't work in there anymore and do something else. Anyway, another lady has worked in there with me the whole time and still does. She knows Barrett cannot have wheat and has seen me go to great measure to prevent him from eating "illegal" snacks off the floor or taking them from other kids.

Back to the story...the last few weeks we have put him on a really strict diet to try and figure out problem foods. Come to find out, since I quit working in the nursery, this woman, who has been a good friend of mine, has been giving him graham crackers and goldfish crackers just because he would ask for them and felt bad for him, and never told me. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder I haven't been able to identify problem foods! The only reason we found out is because my husband went to check on him and saw him with a handful of fish. Next week I am going to give her a very detailed account of what happens to him when he eats those things, and if she doesn't stop I'm either having her pulled from the nursery or I'm pulling him from it!
If anyone is pulled from the nursery, it should be her. I can't believe she would do that after knowing that he has problems with wheat. I wonder if she just figured you are being over-protective and that you really don't know what your own child needs. She should not be working with little kids. My friend's son has such a bad peanut allergy that he reacts just to the smell of them if someone is eating them too near him. I'd hate to think what would happen if a nursery worker had made the decision to let him have peanut butter crackers or something. This woman (who doesn't seem like much of a friend to me) needs to know the seriousness of what she has done.

:mad:Barbara

If anyone is pulled from the nursery, it should be her. I can't believe she would do that after knowing that he has problems with wheat. I wonder if she just figured you are being over-protective and that you really don't know what your own child needs. She should not be working with little kids. My friend's son has such a bad peanut allergy that he reacts just to the smell of them if someone is eating them too near him. I'd hate to think what would happen if a nursery worker had made the decision to let him have peanut butter crackers or something. This woman (who doesn't seem like much of a friend to me) needs to know the seriousness of what she has done.

:mad:Barbara

I don't mean to stereotype, she is just from a pretty laid back culture. She is Tongan and speaks very broken English. I wonder if she just doesn't understand the seriousness of it and maybe because her English isn't the best she didn't quite understand. . And she has a very soft spot for children and B has these big blue eyes...

I think after I talk to her again, and alert the other nursery leaders, it won't happen again. At least it better not!

I don't mean to stereotype, she is just from a pretty laid back culture. She is Tongan and speaks very broken English. I wonder if she just doesn't understand the seriousness of it and maybe because her English isn't the best she didn't quite understand. . And she has a very soft spot for children and B has these big blue eyes...

I think after I talk to her again, and alert the other nursery leaders, it won't happen again. At least it better not!
Ah, yeah cultural differences can really make a difference in a situation. She does still need to be made to understand the gravity of the situation though, or she should not work with children with such problems.

:)Barbara

oh luvs,

i am so sorry. losing a beloved pet is very hard. i know you will miss him. sometimes i complain about my thomas but i would be crushed if something happened to him. was he very old?

babe:(
he was 14, bane. thanks fer your caring 'bout our precious guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom