Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
:cry: Little scared about it, but, he said it isn't severe and is completely reversible as long as I do what he says and stay on the meds and this healing diet. Its strict:( too! I can have any of the good stuff anymore:angel: well, good to my mouth, bad for body. Now I know the reason for the swelling { even in face, hands and stomach} chest pain, fatigue, all of it! I never really looked at what CHF is until now. I knew some of it from what people told me to look at with what I was doing, but, desn't really matter until you are told you have it. I don't have coughing other than a little every once in a while, no phlegm at all. The breathing is only someitmes. I can walk 10's and get tired, other times, I can walk a mile, no problem. This too shall pass, right? I will get better and never be on meds again and lose weight too.
Hey, you can complain to me about the diet because I think I'm on the same one!!!! Is it less than 20% fat with very high dietary fiber and emphasis on "cardio healthy" foods? It's really starting to suck! I haven't had red meat or butter at all in almost 2 months!

Mine is called the healing diet. I guess it's a cleanser. I can have meat, veggies and SOME fruits and nuts. Only plain water and tea. No sugars, starches or sodiums. No fried foods, NO MEXICAN FOOD!! All meat has to be done on George Foreman grill, hey, I finally had an excuse to get to buy one,lol. I only got a $20 grill, I wasn't spending all that money on one. It's goingto be really hard to cut what I normally eat out. but, I will post a pic of how skinny I get too!! LOL

Wow, that is going to be a tough diet! Makes it hard to cook for your family too! You almost have to make two separate meals!

My vent: Remember how I had computer trouble a little while ago? I had taken tons of pictures (A wedding and baby blessing happened during that time) and was waiting to load them on my computer. Well we fixed the computer, only the new one couldn't run Windows so we had been using an alternate operating system called Fedora. That was when I loaded all my pictures on and deleted the full camera disk so I could take more pictures. Then Fedora wasn't working well so we switched to Ubuntu. DH forgot I had loaded pictures on and didn't put them on the new operating system and he deleted the old one.

They are GONE!!! :cry::cry:My brother's wedding! Priceless pictures of my sweet children! I'm so glad I emailed lots of them to family, but so many of them were lost, and I had shrunk the ones I needed to email so they won't be printable. I was so excited to finally be able to put a picture of Abbie on my wall, now the best ones are gone. :unhappy:

It can sometimes be recovered, but costs a pretty penny to do so. Running Fedora then Ubuntu makes it harder since you can't use any of the recovery programs available commercially, they are all for Windows.
You would have to go to a recovery service and tell them you want any and all pics recovered and you don't care about any other data. Like I said, expensive to do so you have to decide how much the pics are worth to you.

TG, sorry to hear about what is happening to you, thankfully now you know what it is and that it is reversable. You licked cigs you can lick this!

Awhile back I put my memeory card in the card reader of my computer and ALL of my pictures disappeared. I called Olympus Support since it is an Olympus camera and they told my to always use a USB cable to transfer my photos because card readers sometimes delete the photos. Anyway....they told me about this site where it is possible to reclaim photos from you memory card that have been deleted. IT WORKED! I got all my pictures back. It's a free service so it's definately worth a try.

Here's the link: Digital Camera Data Recovery

Here's hoping it works it for you!
10.gif

Wow, that is going to be a tough diet! Makes it hard to cook for your family too! You almost have to make two separate meals!

My vent: Remember how I had computer trouble a little while ago? I had taken tons of pictures (A wedding and baby blessing happened during that time) and was waiting to load them on my computer. Well we fixed the computer, only the new one couldn't run Windows so we had been using an alternate operating system called Fedora. That was when I loaded all my pictures on and deleted the full camera disk so I could take more pictures. Then Fedora wasn't working well so we switched to Ubuntu. DH forgot I had loaded pictures on and didn't put them on the new operating system and he deleted the old one.

They are GONE!!! :cry::cry:My brother's wedding! Priceless pictures of my sweet children! I'm so glad I emailed lots of them to family, but so many of them were lost, and I had shrunk the ones I needed to email so they won't be printable. I was so excited to finally be able to put a picture of Abbie on my wall, now the best ones are gone. :unhappy:

This happened to me once. It's awful!! I have a lot of pics, including a few of a friend that died. It's heartbreaking!! I'm sorry. I hope you can find a computer person to recover them.
Thanks Mav, that's how I feel about it too. I will fix this.

Awhile back I put my memeory card in the card reader of my computer and ALL of my pictures disappeared. I called Olympus Support since it is an Olympus camera and they told my to always use a USB cable to transfer my photos because card readers sometimes delete the photos. Anyway....they told me about this site where it is possible to reclaim photos from you memory card that have been deleted. IT WORKED! I got all my pictures back. It's a free service so it's definately worth a try.

10.gif

Unfortunately, hers were on the hard drive instead of the memory card. However, if she has not used the memory card for the camera since she transfered and deleted them, then she might be able to use that service to recover.

Unfortunately, hers were on the hard drive instead of the memory card. However, if she has not used the memory card for the camera since she transfered and deleted them, then she might be able to use that service to recover.

I had used my memory card several times after the picture were deleted and it still worked. It recovered every picture I had ever taken with that memory card. :)

I had used my memory card several times after the picture were deleted and it still worked. It recovered every picture I had ever taken with that memory card. :)

You're lucky, only went back one time on mine, plus partials from the time before but that was it... maybe some cards to better than others? Mine are xD cards. I lost the previous pictures, so I moved the new ones onto the computer, then deleted them. Then used the service to restore. It got all of the ones I had just moved, but only a few of the previous ones that I had wanted....grrrrr.

I also have an xD card. It's an Olympus 1GB . The guy at Olumpus told me that it doesn't always work. Maybe I just got lucky!

Might be usage as well. The ones we have are for my wifes business, she takes pictures of all the gardens she works on. She will fill, empty, and re-fill them around 50 or more times per season, so it just might be too many to recover!
I will keep my fingers crossed for her, if she has only used it a couple of times maybe she will get em all back!

Finally! I was able to find the camera compatibility list they have:
Known digital camera compatibility list - Digital Image Recovery
Unfortunately, neither of ours is on there.:(

They do list several Fuji cameras, just not the ones we have, so this might explain why I can recover some and not all.

So B'sgirl, if you check the link above and yours is listed, then chances are you will have the same success as Mama and get your pics back! How cool would that be? LOL.
If it doesn't list your model but does list some by your Manufacturer (like mine), give it a shot and see if it works. Use the card reader in your computer or an external one if you have to for better chances of success. And you do have to download ZAR 8.3 to do it.

Mine is called the healing diet. I guess it's a cleanser. I can have meat, veggies and SOME fruits and nuts. Only plain water and tea. No sugars, starches or sodiums. No fried foods, NO MEXICAN FOOD!! All meat has to be done on George Foreman grill, hey, I finally had an excuse to get to buy one,lol. I only got a $20 grill, I wasn't spending all that money on one. It's goingto be really hard to cut what I normally eat out. but, I will post a pic of how skinny I get too!! LOL
I think yours would be harder for me than mine. I'm not limited as to salt or sugar per se, and I can have coffee, diet soda and skim milk. But no red meat - only skinless white chicken and turkey and fish and shellfish. I can have lots of dairy but it must all be fat free. Lots of veggies and fruits, but no fruit juices. Lots of whole grains, brown rice, tofu and soy products, and legumes. No butter or margarine and only limited amounts of good fats like olive oil, nuts and nut butters - less than 20% of my daily caloric intake.

goodness, I did such a good job of cutting back on my sodium intake and eating just veggies and chicken and then combined with a diuretic....... no caffeine either........I find myself with a diagnosis of too low blood sodium levels........usually my doctor who is real laid back comes in with a seriously worried look......"This is NOT good he says" This is the doc that is always telling me not to worry about this or that....you should really be having symptoms now of weakness, fatigue, or feeling out of your head with these low readings (ok, no comments here)........didn't in my books.........but his serious look scared me.......told me to stop the diuretic and eat more salt........let me tell you when you get used to a low salt diet it is really hard to go back to it...........really hard...........these days everything tastes too salty.............everything tastes yuck.......but within one week my sodium levels were almost normal.........go figure.....please the point is to make sure that any medication you're taking you ought to have your blood profiles done yearly just to be on the safe side........my aunt thought that her fatigue was due to the anaemia that she had but it was due the the fact that she had such low blood sodium levels.......go figure........who would have thought...hope that all works out for you Fisher'smom and Texas girl.........your problems are certainly far worse.......

10.gif

Thanks for the link, Mama! I was able to recover most of the pictures with that software. Any that got lost are ones I don't remember so I guess they don't matter anyway. But the blessing/wedding pictures and videos were all recovered. Guess this post should go in the smile thread. :)

Thanks for the link, Mama! I was able to recover most of the pictures with that software. Any that got lost are ones I don't remember so I guess they don't matter anyway. But the blessing/wedding pictures and videos were all recovered. Guess this post should go in the smile thread. :)

:w00t2:WOOHOO!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

Yeah!!!!!!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you! :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom