Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i won't be on all day tomorrow. the stupid park where i live will be working on the electricity tomorrow from 8 am to 4 pm. lordy it ticks me off.

why do it in the middle of summer, why not in fall when we don't need the air. they are forever turning off the water for repair. you'd think they had the darn things fixed by now.

i will be fine but they are elderly people in here that can't go outside to be cool.

see you all after four pm.

babe:mad::mad:

i won't be on all day tomorrow. the stupid park where i live will be working on the electricity tomorrow from 8 am to 4 pm. lordy it ticks me off.

why do it in the middle of summer, why not in fall when we don't need the air. they are forever turning off the water for repair. you'd think they had the darn things fixed by now.

i will be fine but they are elderly people in here that can't go outside to be cool.

see you all after four pm.

babe:mad::mad:

then I would hope that they make arrangements for the ones that cannot get some air on their own!! I would demand that one! if they don't and anyhting should happen to any of them, that is neglegence {sp}.
Will be thinking about you. Stay cool and drink a lot of liquids.

How depressing for you! Get one of those battery powered hand held fans! And that's scary leaving the elderly w/out AC. Many of the elderly die every year because of things like heat stroke!

it was just as big a pain as i thought it would be. handyman here painting . he and i drank tons of water and soda. opened all the windows in the house. came back on at two pm instead of four pm which was great.

pretty much only got to 85 today, but could have been a lot worse.

babe;)

I've done that before Babe ~ once when hubby forgot to pay the bill on time. Oops. Imagine getting out of the house with 3 kids? Let's just say it was a fun afternoon for me.

I am sad, no I am mad. It is not fair, it is just not fair. I just baried my friend, my classmate, 48 years old. :mad: it is not fair.

Charlie, so sorry to hear about your friend, prayers for him and all who need them.

kadesma

I will pray for you and your friend's family. I'm so sorry.
My husbands sister was my best friend... she was killed in a car accident about five years ago at age 30....
you really do just never know, all you can do is live each day as if there is no second chance.

Thank you everybody. I was so upset last night i couldn't even sleep. Poor wife and parents, how horible it must be for them. But you are right we never know. G-d gives, G-d takes... Thank you.

New Vent

:mad: Dh and I have been arguing for the past three years about his eye sight he has been getting spots in his eyes and he swears he is OK and says he can see perfectly through the spots and that they are transparent a year ago he said they were around his eyes. I have tried to get him to the eye doctor but he refuses to go just as he refuses to go to any doctor. I don't know whats wrong with his eyes but I worry he will go blind. When I bring up the subject he turns the argument to my smoking. Tonight he is claiming he can see better than he ever did despite the spots. I threaten him with torture if he in fact goes blind ( just kidding) but dang it I can't get him to take it seriously. He is 65 years old I'm only 50. Even though he is 65 he is in pretty good shape he takes his morning walks and can hike the mountain trails here on the ranch with very little effort. Anybody know something about the spots that maybe I can scare him into going to the Optometrist?

The spots are probably "floaters" JPM and nothing to worry about.......not saying Mr. Hardhead shouldn't go and get his vision checked.....he should....if nothing else than to rule out glaucoma which the likelihood increases with age........now if he starts to see halos around lights that is a totally different steer to deal with........that definitely could be the signs of glaucoma.......I have had these "floaters" since my 30's........scared me to death the first time that I saw them but I'm a hypochondriac and not like your hubby.........your risk is esp. increased if you are near-sighted (see objects better closer up than farther away)...the doctor informed me that bits and pieces of your internal eye makeup tear away and float around......they are most notable when gazing upon white backgrounds and they'll come floating across ever so often......hence "floaters" and its name...........just annoying .......I have them, too.....

Maybe you can "guilt" him into going eventually..........:)

sorry for your loss, charlie. i know how it feels. i had a friend just barely forty did from a heart attack. she was due here in three days for a visit. it happened in her shower and her husband came home and found her.

when i was forty, my friend , same age, as i was , died on the operating table for routine eye surgery. had an embolism and died. we had been friends since jr. high.

it hurts a lot . the best to you

babe:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom