Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear as I'm a VETERAN of these kinds of infections.....if you haven't already do go to the Dr. and get your urine tested.......it only takes minutes and if necessary you'll need to get on antibiotics if it's a bacterial infection......you don't want this moving up into your kidneys or you will have real problems......don't put this off......my daughter in law did and they nearly hospitalized her......she knows that when she gets one to go to the Dr. immediately.........for temporary relief yes, the AZO is great, as well as taking cranberry pills and lactobacillus (more concentrated than juices or youghurt.........hope that you feel better soon

Yep, I did go to the dr.!and yep, antibiotics were given. :)

oh, I'm so glad to hear, pdswife.............I think that bladder infections are the worst along with other maladies....they disrupt your whole life and the pain and urgency everytime you hit the bathroom is just unrelenting........years ago I knew that I had the beginnings of one and actually went and had a urine test ........negative........a few days later after being on my feet all day from running after first graders I come home and am running to the bathroom every 10 minutes.......by the time the doctor sees me that long night of pure pain and misery at 9pm the nurse asks for a urine sample......I hand her back a cup of blood........even the professional that she was.....raised her eyes in amazement........it turned out to be hemorrhagic cystis where you are literally sloughing off the lining of your bladder......the Dr. gave me some antibiotics and a wonderful medicine for the pain (stronger than AZO) and it's not like I really put this off......yep, glad to hear that you're on antibiotics and hopefully you're feeling better :)

Pdswife,
Hope you're feeling better from that infection. Did you get antibiotics?

DH and I have had a very rough day. I'm at my last nerve and at the verge of crying from so much stress. DH and I simply need some time to relax without our boys. Sorry to say that but our daughter doesn't give us ANY grief ~ thank God. The boys have to be told over and over to clean up after themselves. On top of it all, our 14 year old lost his phone charger, misplaced his iPod shuffle, and decided to take my daughter's iPod today and broke it. We made him pay her whatever allowance he had on him ($9). So now he owes her $191 more for the iPod. In addition, he has to work (mowing the lawn) to earn enough to get another phone charger. That's going to take him a little over 6 months...argh! It hurts to punish them and be after him all the time but we're so fed up with his irresponsibility. Our little one also broke the computer from our stationary bike. Great! What next?! I'm so stress and tired.

Dina, your 14 year is going thru a normal phase..........it may actually end in about 2 years...........you're lucky it's NOT your daughter..........girls are the ones who give their parents the big headaches during 13-16 in my opinion...........your son will be "normal" again when he reaches his 20's.........try and not compare him to his sister, however, if you can have a relative watch them for the weekend and you and DH get away even if it's to a hotel downtown........I did so much crying and pulling out hair over my two and now you'd never know that they were the same kids.......I've had the same reports from others.......teen years ARE stressful......they are full of horrormones and their brains are on the back burner....hence why your son is probably losing everything he can gets his hands on...of course continue making him be responsible........I hope that you and DH can get away..........

I forgot that my stones can't go in a 400 degree oven and I broke my favorite and most used 15" stone baking a peach and blueberry galette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER bake - I was so proud of myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Dina,
I was lucky with my kids,they had the normal problems, girls, boys,new cloths, but thank god no I'pods or any of that junk.. Don't get upset, but what the heck do they need those for? So they can yak to friends? Texting? If it were me, I'd collect all of them and that would be it.. They don't need to be constantly on a phone..And as to breaking things, they need to ask before they use things and then it's for a short time and only within limits...If they want these things, then they work for them and there are limmits here too..You don't need to work yourself to death to provide these things and then be treated this way..They need to straighten up NOW . I now that old song but Mom everybody has one. Baloney, my dad would have said, you don't so not everyone has one!!! You've provided so much for them now you are a wreck because they just don't care about things, mom will get us a new one, well surprise kids the gravy train has ended, now YOU pay and get those goodies and then maybe you will take care of them and begin to respect what we mom and dad have done for you..
Get a couple of days Dina, then lower the boom on them
kadesma

my vent is nothing earth-shattering just annoying.........3 weeks ago the landlady contacts me and wants to send a relative over to collect the curtains to clean them.......ok radar antennae go up.....is she going to sell this place????? Also sends 24 year old daughter to take pictures of the apt. for insurance purposes.........sorry antennae is still up.........so they take the curtains but I do throw myself in front of the silk ones in the living room, bedroom, and office.......I absolutely refuse to let them take those..........silk needs special attention........ok, a week later they come back and I'm at the computer and I decide after an hour to have a look-see......OMG!!! You couldn't even see thru the sheers they were so wrinkled....I think that they washed them and just bundled them up into bags...........they were awful to look at............since I didn't speak Russian I called up my husband's secretary to explain to her what was going on and then she talked to the relative.......even he admitted to her that they looked bad but he had already called the landlady and she was coming over in 30 minutes................great......then she'd see for herself..........well, she never showed up.....relative leaves because all the sheers look bad.......and then another week goes by..........Nada.............then we have to leave for a week.........I told my DH......I'm not worried..........once Ludmilla (she helps to keep my apt. clean and works for the landlady the other 4 days) sees them she'll handle it..........sure enough we come home and the sheers are gone.......I saw Ludmilla yesterday and we both were able to understand each other about the curtains...........that's exactly what happened.... she called the landlady and told her how bad they looked...now when do they come back???? Who knows..........I'm not worrying about it......didn't want them to go in the first place...........but I'm not the owner.........

Thanks expatty and Kades. I grew up not having anything when I was a kid and that taught me to value everything we have now. We do follow through with consequences when the kids are not responsible ~ and I DON'T budge! Dad is a bit softer on them and I hate it. I usually have to put DH in line when he starts to soften up. lol We usually agree on the punishments thankfully. I know most kids now-a-days have and WANT everything but most of their high tech stuff has been bought with their allowance and birthday $$. Our teaching to them is if they really want something that is not necessary, they darn better work for it.

I am glad to say that today has been a wonderful day. The kids have had a taste of my irritability, disappointment and consequences. Oh and better yet, the darn iPod worked. Argh!!! My daughter let the battery run out then recharged it and IT WORKED! Justin can at least earn enough money to get another charger for the phone, if he really wants to use his cell phone again. Justin made a very nice breakfast for everyone this morning and has been very calm and helpful with our little one. No bickering around today! Thank you Lord! I called the soccer association to inquire about him working on Saturdays as a referee and I may have found him a job. The owner asked me to bring him in soon to get him signed up to begin working in September. He's so excited about it!

Fantastic Dina, I figured things were more like your telling me now than they were last night..I got that you were really worked up and unhappy and I don't blame you..Thatis what makes a thread like this perfect. YOu can tell it like it is right now and it makes you get some release...Sounds like today is 100 times better..Good enjoy it mommy..of all of us you deserve it.

kadesma

dina, i was a stressful16-year old. my Parents just chose thier battles. your stressors would've been thier stressors, too. you chose a proper route. i am thier angelic daughter now at 27.:innocent:
seriously, i should've been grounded from 14 till i was 20.

i'm glad stuff went so well afterwords with your kiddos! great job, dina!!

kades and expat, you 2 are THE BEST at talking us newer moms down from the ledge.
Thank you thank you both for being you.
:)

kades and expat, you 2 are THE BEST at talking us newer moms down from the ledge.
Thank you thank you both for being you.
:)
Thanks Suzi,
having been where you are now, and having children your age:ohmy: how can we not hold out our hands? When you meet someone and get to care for them, you are just there anytime they need you.

kades

Thanks Suzi,
having been where you are now, and having children your age:ohmy: how can we not hold out our hands? When you meet someone and get to care for them, you are just there anytime they need you.

kades
Thank you too ladies. I love you both (Kades & Expat) for being there for me.

I wanted to leave at noon to go the funeral home and last minute hubby decides we should put the dog in a kennel since we would not be home until 11 pm tonight and tomorrow is the funeral and would be gone all day again. Now I have to wait until he returns and gets dressed to go to the funeral home. He didn't want to leave the dog in the house all day nor tied up outside . It's a 2 hr drive to the funeral home , if we don't get traffic and not get lost.

LC, that is just aggravating when you are ready to get on the road and something comes up like that. He couldn't have planned to do that before?? If it had been planned, it wouldn't be bad.

Can someone talk me down off the ledge please!

I was just hired as a lead teacher at a school and the teacher who was to be my assistant (whom has been there only 5 months herself) obviously was not happy for my being there. She does not have what is needed to be a lead herself and in her words has no desire to acheive what is needed yet in her mind she IS the lead. In my first two days of getting aquainted and observing their routine, what I observed was how sloppy, unprofesional, and lazy she was! Circle time consisted of one book being read, and asking what day it was then telling the kids to go play! All she did all day was sit and make snide sarcastic comments to the kids all day or chit chat with her friends. Any questions I asked of her were answered in one word answers and then dismissed by walking away. Now I consider myself to be VERY easy going and open mided but this was too much! As well as every chance she got she was stepping out real quick for this or that that always ended up being a gossip fest in someones doorway.
With in a couple of days I thought maybe I should just step up and start speaking of wanting to get started on the planning of Septembers displays and lesson plans, I made a particular suggestion for an idea on the cubbie labels...her short and sharp response..."I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet" and walked away....
as the day went on she was walking around whispering to every teacher possible and if I came near, sudden silence. This was nothing I even wanted to to bother with...I would rather assist for someone else than to deal with her! So I went to the directors office, suggested I would be of better use elswhere, and that was that. No questions asked! Alot of eyebrows raised but I am not here to play battle of the wills with a know-it-all teeny bopper (sorry thats what she acts like!)
I really am currious to see what they do with that class because they said it wasn't a problem due to the class was in ratio but they weren't mentioning the fact she is not qualified to be a lead by far.
Many of the other teachers seem to have the same mentality as her, act as if everything is a bother and don't want to be there... I wish I could just scream "Then why are you here??" I seem to be looked down upon when asked of my experience and they come to find out I have over 8 yrs...is that too much for their liking??

Also I don't want to just leave to find a different school because my 1 1/2 yr old DD also attends there and I took her out of a school 2 months ago because I was not happy with her care, plus I am happy with the teacher she will be moving up to in the very near future. So any decissions I make will also involve her.....
001_unsure.gif
and of course it would be rediculous to miss out on tuition discount by me working at one school and her attending another!!

And now today I had to call off because my daughter had a fever of 101, and when I called in I got the nastiest attitude. I know they are not short staffed and they know something is going around so what am I suppose to do?? Bring my 1 yr old in with a fever and completely congested?? Seems I can't win with anything these days!:wacko:

Ok, had I been hired as the LEAD and she was suppose to be the assistant, that put's you as her leader as well. If she isn't doing what an assistant is suppose to do, then go and ask for another assistant. She was testing you to see if you would take the lead and I'm afraid that you showed her you were not going to. That is probably what happens to anyone that goes into that room. Sounds like she is a bully and maybe, the others are too, or are just going along with her.
Take the lead and make the assistant assist YOU with YOUR choices for the class, not the other way around. Maybe your lead will make others do the same;):)You sound like you know what you want and can do, do it and to heck with the gossip mongers.
I hope you don't take that wrong, because, it wasn't meant to be that way. It's just that sometimes, someone looking in will get a different perspective of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom