Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually just pull over , slow down and let a few cars take my place behind anyone who drives like that..No letting someone toy with me, it makes me very angry....I know we all want to get home and you will, maybe 10 later but what is so important you insist on risking you neck? And I'm still known around here as Lead foot:LOL:

kadesma

Kades, I love your new avatar! I am the same as you. I tend to hang back rather than try and get in front of a reckless driver. Who knows if they will pass me again, but if I drop back they will probably be out of my way. And I was known as leadfoot in my day as well.

Now I am not saying that my way is the best, it is just my way!

I miss driving. I am not legally able until my leg has healed for 3 months after the second surgery which will be just before Christmas and I don't drive in the winter, so I guess I will have to wait until spring to try out our new car!

I'm going out of my mind ladies. Saturday night, while sitting out at my friends' porch, I developed a horrible rash on my arms (by the elbow where it folds). It itched so I scratched the heck out of it then left it alone. Sunday it didn't bother me at all but this afternoon, the itching and burning started all over again. Argh! I traced back on what I ate and drank differently that might have caused it and all I can recall having is a chorizo appetizer and vodka. I have had both of these before but it's been a long while. I have suffered from eczema before but hadn't had it since I was EXTREMELY stressed working full time. I'm literally freaking out and scaring myself silly here! The Benadryl gel that I just applied helped a bit...sigh...

Dina, this is going to seem really strange. I know, because when I was told it I thought the doctor was nuts, but looked it up on the internet and it matched my symptoms - an itching burning rash on my throat and neck area.

Anyway, I was on a retreat on a local island and we were staying in a cabin made of cedar and there were cedar trees around. I was also eating a lot of fruit and had a couple of apples. There is a very rare reaction that can occur in people prone to rashes or eczema that occurs when apples are eaten and the person is exposed to cedar spores.

Okay, I know it is a real long shot, but though it worth a try. Everyone can stop laughing now (it was incredibly painful and uncomfortable!).:wacko:

I'm going out of my mind ladies. Saturday night, while sitting out at my friends' porch, I developed a horrible rash on my arms (by the elbow where it folds). It itched so I scratched the heck out of it then left it alone. Sunday it didn't bother me at all but this afternoon, the itching and burning started all over again. Argh! I traced back on what I ate and drank differently that might have caused it and all I can recall having is a chorizo appetizer and vodka. I have had both of these before but it's been a long while. I have suffered from eczema before but hadn't had it since I was EXTREMELY stressed working full time. I'm literally freaking out and scaring myself silly here! The Benadryl gel that I just applied helped a bit...sigh...
Dina if the gel helped, do you by any chance have any benadryl capsuls? 25. mg can be purchased OTC I'd get some and see 2 caps is what I take when I get a rash or hives from something..
kades

Kades, I love your new avatar! I am the same as you. I tend to hang back rather than try and get in front of a reckless driver. Who knows if they will pass me again, but if I drop back they will probably be out of my way. And I was known as leadfoot in my day as well.

Now I am not saying that my way is the best, it is just my way!

I miss driving. I am not legally able until my leg has healed for 3 months after the second surgery which will be just before Christmas and I don't drive in the winter, so I guess I will have to wait until spring to try out our new car!
I love angels and collect them for my Christmas tree..So when I saw this one and had a chance to use it I jumped at it. Glad you like her...
kades

Dina, this is going to seem really strange. I know, because when I was told it I thought the doctor was nuts, but looked it up on the internet and it matched my symptoms - an itching burning rash on my throat and neck area.

Anyway, I was on a retreat on a local island and we were staying in a cabin made of cedar and there were cedar trees around. I was also eating a lot of fruit and had a couple of apples. There is a very rare reaction that can occur in people prone to rashes or eczema that occurs when apples are eaten and the person is exposed to cedar spores.

Okay, I know it is a real long shot, but though it worth a try. Everyone can stop laughing now (it was incredibly painful and uncomfortable!).:wacko:
Didn't occur to me. I will check with my friend to see if there are any cedar trees around the area. I was in pain. Ick!

Kades,
The benadryl gel helped. I will go get some pills to keep handy just in case.

Oh yeah, I'm good. It's my parents, after 24 years they are divorcing. I am old enough to understand, though it's just hard being pulled in both directions, and it is difficult to be neutral to both of them when I see clearly how uneven the ground is right now. I am also very worried about my dad's health. He has had two heart attacks about 6 years ago within six months of each other, and was rushed to the hospital again a couple of weeks ago for an anxiety attack.
Forgot to add, they live an hour away so I feel the pressure to be there alot.. It has been almost every day or two that I am down there. Yes, I want to support them, but I need a break too.

It's just not a fun situation.

On the bright side of my life, the new job is going great and Nick should be joining me soon. We are also looking to buy a house.

I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I did..My parents had someone living with them and were at odds over how she was to behave..Rules of the home went out the window, my mom spent most of her time babysitting, her car was not taken care of as dad felt it should be and then when it would break down she just jumped in theirs and off she went..So, I was always getting calls from both of them expecting me to agree with each of them, asking me to take sides...I had 4 little kids, and could not be constantly asked to run back and forth to help out...I got tired of being a referee..So we sat down andI told them face to face...I love you both and would do anything for you, but I will NOT do this anymore..I will not take sides..You can both call and tell me your sides of things but that will be the end of it...Do not expect me to decided for you..Your best bet is to stand side by side and lay down rules..stick to them and that's it..In your case Sap, I'd just tell them I'm here, I'll listen but please don't expect me to decide...I love you both and your making me ill asking me to chose one over the other..NO MORE and then stick to your guns, listen to what you want and then say okay times up no more...say I ove you and hang up..Let them know you will not run back and forth all the time, it's going to make you ill and then who can you help? I'd tell dad, I love him to take care of himself, you will help all you can but you will not take sides..
Take care of you mom and dad are busy fighting and that is not fair to you..Grow up mom and dad and act like the adults you are. I don't mean to be unkind, but they should be helping YOU and you should help them as well, but you are not the judge, you are the child.

kades

Oh yeah, I'm good. It's my parents, after 24 years they are divorcing. I am old enough to understand, though it's just hard being pulled in both directions, and it is difficult to be neutral to both of them when I see clearly how uneven the ground is right now. I am also very worried about my dad's health. He has had two heart attacks about 6 years ago within six months of each other, and was rushed to the hospital again a couple of weeks ago for an anxiety attack.
Forgot to add, they live an hour away so I feel the pressure to be there alot.. It has been almost every day or two that I am down there. Yes, I want to support them, but I need a break too.

It's just not a fun situation.

On the bright side of my life, the new job is going great and Nick should be joining me soon. We are also looking to buy a house.
Sephellae,
I can imagine how it must be for you. Hang in there. The thought of your parents being apart after so long is something to get used to. But remember that both of them will feel better alone than staying in a relationship that is no longer suitable for either one of them. My sister divorced when my nieces were 20. It's never easy for anyone but if you see your parents happier this way, then in the end, it's a consolation. Glad your job is going well. Prayers go out to your dad for better health.

Saphellae, I understand all too well what you are going through. My parents never did divorce but there was times that I think it would have been better if they did, though an accident I had and my Mom getting sick seemed to draw them very close together in the end until she passed away.

I pray for you, both of them and your Dad's health. And I will give you the same advice as Kades, and that I had to take for myself during the tough times - look after YOU. As Dina says, this may be the best for them in the long run and you have a life of your own. Be there for them, but don't get dragged into it. That won't help them or you.

Take good care, my fellow Canadian!

I'm sorry you are having to go through this right now Saphellae. I can't really add anything, except to say that kadesma's advice seems to be right on the money. I'm praying for you. And don't forget we are always here when you need to vent, and you can PM any of us if you need us as well.

:(Barbara

my slight vent that's not too important. i'm so angry with jake.
he said i'm an idiot.
i'm very smart, yet i allowed myself to figure i'm inadequate & so i cried.
what's a guy really expect from a woman...
i may throw him out tomorrow, 9 years isn't so significant to me as to allow him to insult me & put me into tears.
jerk.

Aw luvs, he didn't mean it, and hopefully very soon he will apologize profusely. I would cry too if it were me, so I'm right there with you. Truthfully, I think I have probably called my sweetie an idiot at some point in our marriage (maybe even this week--I do know I told the mail lady to run over him!), but I don't really believe he is one. Let Jake know that it hurt you, and then give him time (maybe a little "silent" time--they hate that!), and I'm sure he will come around.

:)Barbara

Not so much a "vent" as a friendly reminder. Its been 7 years since 9/11-I hope that all of you (regardless of your stance on the war) if you see a brave young man or woman in uniform, will take a minute to thank them for what they are sacrificing for you.

They really appreciate it, and its the least we civilians can do!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom