Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.......Texasgirl......if you sent me one I haven't gotten it.......calm down.......I hope to never be accused of sending a rude pm ........I pretty much do that in public where the site admins beat me up but they're nice about it..hahaha........I don't know about your computer (and I'm the LAST person to be consulting on computer-related issues) but the DC site has been a bit iffy these last few day,. too.......you are special here..........I always look forward from anything from you as we're native Bluebonnets from Texas..........it's okay........your feelings have been hurt...........it's a busy time of the year..........don't take this stuff personally :):)

Okay, to everyone that has responded negative or just didn't respond at all.
I asked for addresses to send cards to people I thought were nice and kind on here, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never felt so hurt as to get 2 pm's from people that I thought about and made ME feel as though I were some sick freak for asking. I apologize and I ASSURE you , I will NEVER ask for your info again.
All that you had to do, was ignore the request or send one saying, thank you, but, I don't feel comfortable sharing that info, and I would have been 100% fine with that response. Rude pms were not needed. So, to the ones that I thought were kind on here and wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas and was made to feel so awful for doing so, I apologize for thinking of you.

that is very sad....its one thing to simply say you are not comfortable with giving out private info but to be nasty about it?? That is just uncalled for and I'm sorry texasgirl that others made you feel that way! :(

wow.......Texasgirl......if you sent me one I haven't gotten it.......calm down.......I hope to never be accused of sending a rude pm ........I pretty much do that in public where the site admins beat me up but they're nice about it..hahaha........I don't know about your computer (and I'm the LAST person to be consulting on computer-related issues) but the DC site has been a bit iffy these last few day,. too.......you are special here..........I always look forward from anything from you as we're native Bluebonnets from Texas..........it's okay........your feelings have been hurt...........it's a busy time of the year..........don't take this stuff personally :):)

My vent was about the mean pm's and making me feel disgusting for asking them. Not for ignoring or saying they are not comfortable. I have absolutely no problem with that at all. I just don't appreciate when one person sends me a pm about how there was no reason for me asking and how their husband is in the government and goes after cyber people, THEN, starts spreading her freaked out craziness to another and now has, what I think is an extremely nice person freaking out for giving me her address and making me feel horrible about it. Anyone that ignored or said they didn't feel comfortable, NICELY, is still in my thoughts and prayers for a wonderful Christmas.

More of a frustration than a vent. Some of you may know I am deaf and I depend on Closed captioning for tv and dvd. One show I watch regularly on Saturday "Cook's Country" is usually captioned... but today it is not... it is really frustrating not to be able to follow what people are saying in the show. I have emailed PBS to let them know about loss of captioning. It is difficult to lip read too especially if they are not facing the camera or they don't move their lips much when talking.

More of a frustration than a vent. Some of you may know I am deaf and I depend on Closed captioning for tv and dvd. One show I watch regularly on Saturday "Cook's Country" is usually captioned... but today it is not... it is really frustrating not to be able to follow what people are saying in the show. I have emailed PBS to let them know about loss of captioning. It is difficult to lip read too especially if they are not facing the camera or they don't move their lips much when talking.

I hope they respond to you quickly! I can only imagine how frustrating it is....
Isn't there special cable set-ups or such that gives all tv viewing closed captioning? I thought I had seen that somewhere...?

you get em LadyC!!

I hope they respond to you quickly! I can oly imagine how frustrating it is....
Isn't they special cable set-up or such that gives all tv viewing closed captioning? I thought I had seen that somewhere...?

my tv is closed captioned enabled . The problem is most likely the cable provider . What is strange PBS other channel 44 works but not channel 39 , only some programs. I've always been able to watch the cooking shows on channel 39 with captioning. It is very frustrating, I look forward to the shows on Saturdays, because we only have basic broadcast cable meaning we don't get other channels or other food shows.

I asked for addresses to send cards to people I thought were nice and kind on here, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never felt so hurt as to get 2 pm's from people that I thought about and made ME feel as though I were some sick freak for asking. I apologize and I ASSURE you , I will NEVER ask for your info again.
All that you had to do, was ignore the request or send one saying, thank you, but, I don't feel comfortable sharing that info, and I would have been 100% fine with that response. Rude pms were not needed. So, to the ones that I thought were kind on here and wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas and was made to feel so awful for doing so, I apologize for thinking of you.

This is the hardest part of the Internet for me, texasgirl. Not everyone is who they pretend to be. You meant well, try not to take it personally. Some people figure they'd rather be safe than sorry. As for the rudeness, chalk it up to the stress of the holidays and a bad economy. It is so much easier to take it out on an anonymous person online than one's loved ones. I see it all the time. I don't much like it, either. You just learned something new about those people, that is all.

my tv is closed captioned enabled . The problem is most likely the cable provider . What is strange PBS other channel 44 works but not channel 39 , only some programs. I've always been able to watch the cooking shows on channel 39 with captioning. It is very frustrating, I look forward to the shows on Saturdays, because we only have basic broadcast cable meaning we don't get other channels or other food shows.

Unfortunately, there is more than one type of CC used (not sure exactly how many but my TV is 11 years old and has 5 on the menu I believe). You are probably right about it being on PBS's side, but just in case next time see if you have that option on your TV menu and then scroll thru the different types and see if one works?

Just a thought...

This is the hardest part of the Internet for me, texasgirl. Not everyone is who they pretend to be. You meant well, try not to take it personally. Some people figure they'd rather be safe than sorry. As for the rudeness, chalk it up to the stress of the holidays and a bad economy. It is so much easier to take it out on an anonymous person online than one's loved ones. I see it all the time. I don't much like it, either. You just learned something new about those people, that is all.

:) OMG, I can't believe anyone on DC would be that way sounds like some kind of personal paranoia. Heck you can have my address any day and directions to my house if you want. Sorry you were made to feel this way I can't even imagine who would do such a thing to you of all people. Jeez

You want directions with that too?? Heck, I would be thrilled to get something in the mail or have someone drop in, LOL.
I am sorry someone reacted that way Stacie, but I think it was pretty cool of you to try and do something like this.

stuck in the snow

:mad: hubby would not plow the driveway... he is being ornery and crabby today and refused to plow ... so... I got stuck in the driveway . He's out there now shoveling by the stuck car ... duh... made more work for himself by not plowing in the first place. I don't have a 4WD vehicle . You'd think we get one after living in Pa for 19 yrs. ? I was so out of breath by time I walked back to the house , my heart was painfully pounding, I really thought I was going to drop dead. :ohmy:

:mad: hubby would not plow the driveway... he is being ornery and crabby today and refused to plow ... so... I got stuck in the driveway . He's out there now shoveling by the stuck car ... duh... made more work for himself by not plowing in the first place. I don't have a 4WD vehicle . You'd think we get one after living in Pa for 19 yrs. ? I was so out of breath by time I walked back to the house , my heart was painfully pounding, I really thought I was going to drop dead. :ohmy:

He must be having one off day, cause I am sure he knew in the end it would be more work for him!

Reminds me what is going on around here. Before this summer full sized 4x4 SUV's were very popular and everywhere. Then with gas prices everyone started trading them in for compact and sub compact cars. The used car dealerships became crowded with SUV's at cheap prices.
Then it snowed, LOL. Little cars stuck everywhere!! So we go out a couple of days ago and all the used car dealerships have their SUV's up front, prices raised back up, and lines of people in little cars wanting to trade them in to get thier SUV's back, LOL.

Thought you could use the humor in there.....

I'm sorry that happened Stacy. As you said, it would have been enough to just decline, but to be rude was inexcusable. I am very happy to have had you on my Christmas card list the last couple years. :cool:

:)Barbara

I am going to have to spend 6 hours min in a car on xmas day to spend a max of 4 hours with family (2 different ones too). If I am "lucky" part of this time will coincide with the serving of a dismal buffet so I wont have to eat a sandwich in the car. x-mas eve when traditionally our good meal is served has been all but canceled and I am unable to go anyway because the "dogs make it too stressful" I have never been a big xmas fan but this one is shaping up especially crummy and if it would not make people angry I would just stay put and forget about it alltogether. My day is basically going to be an effort not to put my own grinchy feelings on the rest of the family. I am TRYING to focus on the good stuff but xmas frankly brings out the worst in me. I think next year I might just take off and go somewhere warm or find a pet friendly ski resort.

Pancho - it is hard work - I have been there and found things difficult - still do sometimes, other people's way of Christmas is not mine but we do need to put that aside - I try to ensure that others get what they want. I also sympathise about the dogs, we have to be careful where we take ours. I will be thinking of you - put something enjoyable on in the car and make your own party on the way there and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom