Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel for you Susan. Our flood was 2 months ago now, and we still have contractors, delivery people, insurance people all saying they will come by at certain times or call with information and never do. I am really hoping this will all be done in the next couple of weeks.

Sears here has usually been pretty good, though I do remember our stove was supposed to take two days to arrive and we got it a month later, 2 days before I was cooking a Christmas dinner!

Make sure when you talk to them tomorrow that you really make them pin down a time and call YOU Sunday morning to confirm that they are coming

After our fire, we had deliveries from Habitat and they were so good. They rang a few days before to remind us and then the driver rang when he was about half an hour away so you were ready.

More of a frustration than vent. I get so frustrated with websites that use Adobe flash player in different versions. For instance one site uses Flash player 10 , another site uses version 8 . I can't view videos that uses 8 because I have 10 installed , those version 8 videos just will not play. I have tried switching versions by uninstalling 10 and putting 8 on but I still could not view the videos.
Even tho I can't hear what is being said I can sometimes follow the procedure. The videos are cooking and baking ones.

This time I am venting. Hubby wants to let Tuxie loose in the house, it is too soon !
I have Tuxie in the dog pen , which is in the dining area so the cats can get used to each other . So far, the 5 resident cats have not hissed or swiped at Tuxie and Tuxie has not either but then the cats don't get close enough , nose to nose anyway. The resident cats either sit about 10 feet away or just ignore Tuxie. For once I wish hubby would go to sleep like he usually does and just leave things to me !

OOOH, venting...I like this thread ;)

You know what really gets me going? When some jerk at a four way stop doesn't have the patience to wait till I have cleared the intersection before entering it. What if he gets the timing off? Or I have to slam on the breaks because some kid is walking by? It seems pretty simple to me but this happens to me all the time, happened today and it was really really close.

I am a nanny I always have Julia with me ( an adorable three year old). Don't they have any idea what they are risking? Morons.

I will join you in that vent - not only with junctions but general the quality of driving is poor - people only thinking of their "need" and not considering other road users.

BIL is now stage 4 Mesotheleoma. I don't understand!! He looked better than I have seen him since he's been sick, last Saturday!! I can't stand this!! I don't know if I can do this again!!
6.gif

BIL is now stage 4 Mesotheleoma. I don't understand!! He looked better than I have seen him since he's been sick, last Saturday!! I can't stand this!! I don't know if I can do this again!!
6.gif
Stacy, I know you and I know how big your heart is..You can and will do it as much as it hurts, because it would hurt you more not to...If prayer helps, then know I'm sending it as I've been doing only I'll double my efforts for him, you and the family and that he may have some freedom from any pain and some peace of mind.
cj

Stacy, what do the doctor(s) have to say about this? Don't lose hope.......you know that we're here for you.......I'm so sorry for the pain and suffering that your family is going thru now............

Stacy, what do the doctor(s) have to say about this? Don't lose hope.......you know that we're here for you.......I'm so sorry for the pain and suffering that your family is going thru now............

Not much to say. Mesotheleoma is fatal, 100% There is no remission for this cancer. They are going to try another chemo, yet again. I wish they would find something for cancer. I wonder where all that money goes that people donate for a cure:huh:

Stacy, I am here for you and like Kades said, if prayer helps know I am sending it big time. Your heart is big and so it gets hurt easily, but it is also that big heart that helps those around you feel better. I know that they feel your love. Take care my sweet friend. And know that as I watch the same thing happen to a dear friend, I am here for you any time. PM me if you want.

Aww, Stacy, I don't even know what to say. It's heartbreaking when someone is "taken" before they get to enjoy every stage of life. And watching those we love suffer can be almost unbearable. One small consolation in situations like this is that you know it is coming and can say and do the things you feel are important. I hope your BIL can stay relatively comfortable and enjoy to the fullest whatever time he has left. Big hugs to you, my friend.

Not much to say. Mesotheleoma is fatal, 100% There is no remission for this cancer. They are going to try another chemo, yet again. I wish they would find something for cancer. I wonder where all that money goes that people donate for a cure:huh:

oh, my,......my big, burly son just walked thru the kitchen and wanted to know why I was crying........I'm so so so very sorry.........I had no idea it was that bad and awful of a prognosis for you and your family...... please, there's another fellow TX shoulder to lean on.........I lived with my mother's cancer when I was 9 years old beginning at age 6..........she never gave up hope.......neither should you..........

Stacy, all you can do is be there and in the short time that I have known you here, I am certain that you will be. If you need to vent, you know where I am. Hugs to you and your family and know that I have added you to a bunch of prayer lists. I know with my father, prayer helped a lot. He lived longer than the doctors said he would by two years!

Stacy, all you can do is be there and in the short time that I have known you here, I am certain that you will be. If you need to vent, you know where I am. Hugs to you and your family and know that I have added you to a bunch of prayer lists. I know with my father, prayer helped a lot. He lived longer than the doctors said he would by two years!

And that is exactly what I am hoping for too!! The last that I heard, was 6 months to a year.

I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL, Stacy. I'll be praying for your BIL, you and your whole family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom