Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is exactly what I am hoping for too!! The last that I heard, was 6 months to a year.
We all love you and want to help Stacy..Let us lend a shoulder and send prayers..A little thing but gladly given
kadesma

I haven't been to this thread in awhile, and it's always hard to see my DC friends suffering! CJ, I cannot imagine anyone giving you a bad time - you are the essence of kindness and good sense. Having worked around doctors for all of my career, and having endured years of insanely bad treatment for my daughter's chronic illness, I can certainly understand what you're talking about. The US medical system is so frustrating and so EXPENSIVE. One of the things I like about our system here in Mexico is that you show up to see the doctor and he/she comes out of his/her office, says "Buenos Dias" and takes you right in. No meddling "middle'' people with egomania problems messing with you.

Stacy, I am so sorry to hear of the worry and sadness visiting your family. It is so hard to know what to say to someone with such a profoundly dire diagnosis. Hard to find the words for comfort. All you can do is what you are doing - be with him and let him know you love him.

Thanks Licia, I'm planning to do this for her. I've put it off as I was afraid I'd scare her, but, this has to be dealt with for all our sakes... My girls help me very often with her, but, they do let me take the lead when it comes to deciding things..My sister, well that is another story...Example, she has only been to see mom once since last Christmas, and that was becuase I demanded it...

It's nice to know I can come here to talk though.. Thanks again and hugs back.
kadesma

Your family sounds like mine (the way your sister is). If it wasn't for my mother - everything would fall apart. I at least got some of her good sense when it comes to being there for family - at least I try. Everyone else in the family can seriously kiss off anymore. Huge hugs to ya!!!

UGH my dog just ate a POUND OF LARD!... ok most of it I was using it to season CI... there was probably 8/10 of it left... I stupidly forgot and left it on the counter while I went to eat dinner. returned to the kitchen and there was Tiger licking the empty wrapper.... ARGH I do not want to deal with the ramifications of this tomorrow... at least his coat will be shiny.

UGH my dog just ate a POUND OF LARD!... ok most of it I was using it to season CI... there was probably 8/10 of it left... I stupidly forgot and left it on the counter while I went to eat dinner. returned to the kitchen and there was Tiger licking the empty wrapper.... ARGH I do not want to deal with the ramifications of this tomorrow... at least his coat will be shiny.
my dogs got into the turkey fryer oil one afternoon when i had to put
them in the garage for an hour ...
not a fun couple of days after ..:sick:

Oh no, Pancho! I suspect Tiger may have to go outside a lot more than usual for a day or 2. (Do watch him for a couple of hours as sometimes dogs can get a "bloat" after ingesting a huge amount of food - especially stuff you usually don't give them.) But you're right, his coat will be "mahvelous"!

LOL I know I am in trouble and Worst part is I have to work tomorrow.... all day! I dont want to think about what I am going to come home to

There is such a thing as doggie diapers. Perhaps you need some. I would also call the vet. Poor baby.

LOL Susan... I dont know about diapers.... they would have to be industrial strength... he is 80lbs of muscle. I think he can probably handle it OK... he's a big pup.

I need to not forget stuff is on the counter. He is tall enough to stand up and eat right off of it. Taking after his owner he loves the fats... he has eaten whole sticks of butter and drank my bacon grease.... one time I forgot and left an entire bowl of sausage and peppers on the stove and walked the little one...when I came back the bowl was in place and licked completely clean. and I spend $$$ on the fancy dog food:mad:

he knows he is not supposed to but if my attention is elsewhere he forages.:pig:

Tig seems OK this morning anyway. despite the cold I will take him out and let him run around a bit see if he can clean his system before I leave.

There is such a thing as doggie diapers. Perhaps you need some. I would also call the vet. Poor baby.

Pancho, I've seen these online. So they must be available at the "Big Box" pet shops. They also have for male or female. And in different weigh sizes. Just like for babies. Poor baby. Good luck. Would be anxious to hear what the vet says.

Drs. Foster & Smith Piddle Pads®

Simple Solution® Disposable Diapers​
As low as $9.99
SORRY, WRONG PIC, RIGHT SITE...
As low as $13.99

My pipes froze and burst and my water is turned off. Plumbers will be here tomorrow or Monday hopefully. I have someone who had helped me with plumbing issues in the past. I may be stuck in for a couple days, I don't know if my garage door is frozen down or not.

UGH Susan that sucks

My kitchen cold water was frozen a bit this morning but started back up... I hope they dont burst there is no basement or foundation under my kitchen because it was added on (in the 1880s) so the pipes run in the floor uninsulated for a few feet.... cant wait to rip out that crummy kitchen and get a proper foundation and insulate the pipes.

As far as my earlier vent Tig seems fine..... While I was at work the dogs must have been in kahootz with the cat because she knocked their box-o-treats off the fridge so they pigged out again. Fortunately we were low on treats maybe 1/8 bag of beggin strops and some other assorted goodies... I should have named him Pigger.

Pancho, my cat Pippin was a loveable mischevious boy who I loved dearly and still miss. When he was determined there was nothing that would stop him and he never learned. I think your Tig has a similar personality. It is sweet and funny as long as he doesn't cause himself health problems and you vet bills.

I was wondering how Tig did today. Sounds like he has a cast-iron stomach! WooHoo! That cracks me up that he and the cat are working together. Wouldn't you love to set up a video camera when you leave for work? I'll bet it would be so funny to watch those two figuring out what to do next!

...As far as my earlier vent Tig seems fine..... While I was at work the dogs must have been in kahootz with the cat because she knocked their box-o-treats off the fridge so they pigged out again. Fortunately we were low on treats maybe 1/8 bag of beggin strops and some other assorted goodies... I should have named him Pigger.
My cats get into the bag of dog treats and take one out and throw it to the dog! They are really getting it out to play with and chew on a little, but it sure looks like they are giving it to Cubbie!

:)Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom