Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, cj, I'm crying tears of joy!!! I just knew in my heart he would come back those who love him.
Katie,
I was just going to call you..I'm so happy for myself and for little Ethan that little boy is a jewel..He has been so unhappy..His dad just left here and will be telling him in a few minutes. Katie, thanks for all you love and support..
You were right...:)Thank you
cj

To all of you who gave,prayers,loving thoughts to us in our unhappiness over z-bun..Smile it worked, SOMEONE listened. My daughter just called and is now on her way to pick up our pooch. Funny think a close by neighbor has had him and just now called to tell her. Needless to say the tears now are of joy..I don't know what the outcome would have been without all of you. I never ever want to find out. You are all so special. A big big thank you for caring.
cj

I just now saw this post... I am so happy and relieved for you. I sure understand when a beloved furbaby is missing...
hugs,
LC

THERE IS A GOD AND HE ANSWERED WITH BRINGING THAT LITTLE LIFE HOME! Thanks be to God for His grace and love to your little guy and your precious little ones. I can imagine the puppy's heart is probably jumping out of his chest. This just gives me a humble feeling of God caring for this puppy. He brought him home. As I said, he is part of your family. Tell your daughter I am happy for her and her family.

I have so much personal things going wrong right now that I HAD to hear this good news. So grateful I took time to check and see if there was news. Oh gosh, give him special hug for me. Never seen him but love him anyway. May he always be safe and have lots and lots of love.

Thanks for sharing so quickly, it was fast wasn't it?

I just have to say I'm so sick of being sick!! I just had surgery last week, my diet sucks (bland/liquid/soft). My blood pressure has totally tanked so I am on limited pain meds. And I keep losing weight no matter what I do. I trust my docs and know they know what's going on, but it's just hard to not be able to do even little things without getting tired and having to sleep. I took a bath this afternoon and ended up sleeping for an hour and a half. I just wish I could wake up in the morning and shower and be ready to go, not ready to go back to bed. I'm discouraged.

Katy, sorry your health hasn't been good lately but maybe that will get better soon.
I came here to vent and seeing your post made me feel ashamed of myself. What I was going to say is this: I go for ages and don't hurt myself at all then twice in one day on each hand I've had an accident. Cutting up the veggies for dinner I cut my ring finger to the nail from the side then when I was reaching for something in the pantry i knocked a can off the shelf and it hit on my right hand between my thumb forefinger and wrist. Now my right arm hurts all the way to my elbow and when I pick up something with my left hand I feel where my finger is cut. I know! I'm a wuss! but it makes me so mad to do such stupid things and all in the same day. Glad dh took care of cleanup after dinner...or I may have been calling 911.

licia

I know exactly how you feel. The first time I hurt myself in the kitchen I make a loud announcement about my pain to whoever is in ears reach (usually the cats and dogs). But if it happens again, I just get pissed. I'm sorry, I know how that feels. At least you finished the meal!! I've been known to just walk away, lol. Hope you get a very relaxing evening!

Ooooo licia! OWIE!!! I have been there. For me its either a "burny" day or a "cutty" day. If I'm injuring myself it seems to be one or the other, thankfully not both at once.

katybar, crap! I know what you mean about being sick of being sick! Can you bump up your fluid to help with the BP situation? I sure hope you turn a corner ASAP and feel better soon.

I just have to say I'm so sick of being sick!! I just had surgery last week, my diet sucks (bland/liquid/soft). My blood pressure has totally tanked so I am on limited pain meds. And I keep losing weight no matter what I do. I trust my docs and know they know what's going on, but it's just hard to not be able to do even little things without getting tired and having to sleep. I took a bath this afternoon and ended up sleeping for an hour and a half. I just wish I could wake up in the morning and shower and be ready to go, not ready to go back to bed. I'm discouraged.
sending you a great big hug!! muahhhhhhh you're in my thoughts sweetie.

oh if you happen to hear any of my secrets while in there don't share them ok?

sending you a great big hug!! muahhhhhhh you're in my thoughts sweetie.

oh if you happen to hear any of my secrets while in there don't share them ok?

Thanks hun, and don't worry, your secrets are safe ;)

Ya know I think this venting forum actually works. And it's so much cheaper than therapy. :LOL:

Katy, sorry your health hasn't been good lately but maybe that will get better soon.
I came here to vent and seeing your post made me feel ashamed of myself. What I was going to say is this: I go for ages and don't hurt myself at all then twice in one day on each hand I've had an accident. Cutting up the veggies for dinner I cut my ring finger to the nail from the side then when I was reaching for something in the pantry i knocked a can off the shelf and it hit on my right hand between my thumb forefinger and wrist. Now my right arm hurts all the way to my elbow and when I pick up something with my left hand I feel where my finger is cut. I know! I'm a wuss! but it makes me so mad to do such stupid things and all in the same day. Glad dh took care of cleanup after dinner...or I may have been calling 911.
yewhie!! on thanksgiving 2 years ago i had company and made a lovely dinner. when it came time to carve the turkey i was removing the whole breast to carve, i made the first cut and then stuck my fingers in to pull it back and cut to remove from frame. all of a sudden i felt like i got stung so i pulled my hand out and saw i had cut my middle finger at the first knuckle almost to the bone. black blood came out. i calmly said thats a bad one. i wrapped it and heldit up put pressure on my wrist and in about 5 minutes it stopped bleeding enough to wash and wrap in gause. i wasn't worried about infection because it cleaned itself out. then i proceeded to inspect turkey no blood so i carved and we finished a wonderful dinner with fam and friends. i was in pain and embarresed.

so i know how a cut like yours can sting like a dickens. just be sure not to reopen it while doing chores till it knits closed.

sorry this turned into a time delayed vent!! :LOL:

Katy,
I know just how you feel..It's taken me since 2006 to get back to where I was when my kidney's failed..At first I wanted to sleep all the time and you know what I did, each day things changed..Let your body sleep, eat your bland diet and just let yourself recouperate..Don't rush anything, you could just end up with replase.One morning you will wake up ,shower and have a wonderful day on the go..Don't rush, just enjoy that you are on the mend..I find now I can watch my grand kids again, I'm having a blast painting them t-shirts and cooking our Sunday dinners again...It will happen..I promise..JUst rest and let nature take over.
kades

Thanks hun, and don't worry, your secrets are safe ;)

Ya know I think this venting forum actually works. And it's so much cheaper than therapy. :LOL:
not really this will cost you FOOD!! ummmmmmmmmmmmm well ummmmmmmmm nothing chopped ok? :LOL:

just re-read my post. did not mean to sound as though it were someones fault. sorry.

things like this do cause us to be more alert.

so glad was found. ;)
Things like this are a combination of mistakes and ooops...Little Ethan really thought it was his fault. We have finally convinced him we all had a hand in it..Now he isn't so unhappy. The pup is as crazy as ever and loves us al..Things are being closely watched and there are smiles all round.So sin't feel as if you said anything wrong..You just echoed what many of us felt.
kades

Flushed

Did anyone read about the puppy being flushed down the toilet? It is supposedly on You Tube. The little boy wanted to give his puppy a bath and flushed him down the toilet. No, they managed to get him out! Can you believe it! Little Cocker Spaniel, what a little bundle. What kids won't think of to do! I just can't believe they got him back. Good story for once. Beside the one on here. I apologize if I get too involved w/dogs. Just cannot help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom