"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
Everymom

Old Venting Thread

OK, inspired by Brooksy's bad day yesterday I thought I would post this thread for folks to vent those petty things that make us nuts.

Mine is sewing related. My thread keeps breaking, my bobbin ran out and when I tried to refill it the stupid thing went flying somewhere across the room and the thread wound around the post instead. ARGH! So, I am here for a few minutes to regain my composure and stop swearing at the machine.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Alix,

Take a deep breath, grab a snack, and start all over again. What are you sewing? I admire people who sew. I never got the hang of it. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
Everymom

Thanks wasabi. I am trying to make some sleep shorts (boxers). My favourite pair just bought the farm and I am trying to copy the pattern. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be all thumbs today.

Going to get some tea and that snack you recommended
Old 11-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
Master Chef

Hope you have a better go at it after your snack, Alix!

Would you believe I was just telling someone at lunch today that I'd love to learn to sew? You have me rethinking that statement!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
Everymom

Its really not that hard to do unless you are having "One of those days". LOL. OK, I am almost ready to go back at it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #6
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Oh goody, a venting thread!! Where do I start? I got up at 6 this morning took the kids to school & was at my parents house to clean by 8. Well, I was digging through my moms box of rags for a dust cloth & got stung by a scorpion. Put some sting stuff on it only to discover that I had just put Icy Hot on it. Got that straightened out & went to clean the bathroom. All was going well until I got ready to mop. Well, I decided to be really nice & scrub the bathroom floor to get up all of mom's hair spray. I stepped in the mop bucket & sent it rolling across the floor. After I got that all cleaned up, the rest of the cleaning went smoothly. After cleaning I went to check on my grandma. She cut her leg Tuesday & had to have 12 stitches put in it. Well, while I was there she decided her bandage needed changing & I had to do it. Oh joy!! I hate the sight of blood!! Now, a gory movies doesn't faze me, but a real live persons blood makes my knees weak. I made it through changing the bandage with only 2 breaks for fresh air. I left my grandmas, went to the grocery store & was home by 12. When I pulled into the subdivision, someone had their van blocking the entrance because they were cutting down trees. It took me 20 minutes to find the back entrance to the subdivision!! Since then, all has gone well. Just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else happens before I go to bed tonight!

Ahhhh..... I feel better now!! Thanks Alix! Oh, I know how it feels to loose it with a sewing machine. I have wanted to toss mine out the window a time or 2.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Its really not that hard to do unless you are having "One of those days". LOL. OK, I am almost ready to go back at it.
I love to sew. I made all of Nancy's dresses when she was growing up. The one thing I don't dare even attempt if I am not in the mood though, is a zipper. If I am not in the mood to do a zipper, I will be taking it out and doing it again. Maybe more than once!

Barbara
Old 11-03-2005, 03:41 PM   #8
Executive Chef

May I please add to the venting? Monday my grandaughter was sick and couldn't drive (flu bug that made her dizzy and nauseous). She asked me to pick her son up from daycare and take him to her apartment. I did. When I came out a wrecker had put those boot things on my car and was about to haul it away. I was beside myself and didn't know what was going on. He said I could pay him $57.50 in cash now or $165 to get my car back later. I didn't have $57.50 with me. My sick grandaughter took off to the atm and got money so I could get my car back. It seems her complex has new rules about parking - nothing marked, you just have to know where you can park and where you can't. It has thrown my entire week off. I've forgotten important things and have felt really out of sorts. Hope the next week is better.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #9
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
got stung by a scorpion.
OK please forgive my ignorance, but I am a simple Northern boy who has never seen a scorpion other than on TV. I thought they were poisonous and would kill you if you were stung. I am glad I was wrong for Crewsk sake.

Crewsk that sounds like some day! You need a nice big glass of wine.

My vent is that I have this horrible headache. I have had it since Tuesday night. Yesterday I even stayed home from work it was so bad. I just want it to go away and leave me alone!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
OK please forgive my ignorance, but I am a simple Northern boy who has never seen a scorpion other than on TV. I thought they were poisonous and would kill you if you were stung. I am glad I was wrong for Crewsk sake.

Crewsk that sounds like some day! You need a nice big glass of wine

Not all scorpions a poisonous. We have what's called wood scorpions around here. They are not real big & the sting feels like a bad bee sting. I've been stung before but it's always a shock!

I think I need to whole bottle!