Olives! Love them or hate them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love olives, my favourites are Kalamata and big green Queen olives . I buy the pitted Kalamata ones these days . Good for nibbles marinated in olive oil,,garlic, herbs and Chillie flakes or finely chopped birds eye chillies . I use them too in puttanesca and tapenade and also a lovely Moroccan chicken dish with olives and chickpeas, rice and yellow peppers .
Oh, I envy you your pitted Kalamata olives. It would make it so much easier to cook with them.

I never buy pitted kalamatas. My daughter loves taking the pips out for me and sucking off the flesh that stays behind :)

I've been using my breadmaker again for the first time since moving back to SA. Maybe I should try an olive loaf next!

Last edited:
I never met an olive I didn't like...
Amen!

I haven't tried every kind of olive, but I have loved every one I have ever had.

I love ripe black olives plain, on pizza, in Mexican dishes, and with stuffed green olives stuffed in them. I love stuffed green olives plain, in various dishes, and stuffed into ripe black olives. Stuffed green olives are excellent with cottage cheese too!

I think I do not like olives, but do like olive dip, do use them in soup, and if there are no salty pretzels I'd take one as a beer companion. But if you going to ask me, I do not like them

I love olives....unfortunately I learned recently they don't love me. :ermm: Actually it is the brine they are in; olive oil is fine.

I love to add olives to pimento spread and turkey salad. Also, I love to add them chopped to soft cheeses with some minced herbs or a bit of powdered spice to spread on crackers or baguettes.

I've not done that in a while....maybe it is time I dust that recipe off. :)

If you're a fan of olives and a no-knead bread maker ~ cut the salt in half and add a generous 1/2 c of pitted & roughly chopped Kalamatas to the dough with all of the other ingredients. :yum:

If you're a fan of olives and a no-knead bread maker ~ cut the salt in half and add a generous 1/2 c of pitted & roughly chopped Kalamatas to the dough with all of the other ingredients. :yum:

Thanks :) I'll used my basic white loaf recipe and add the olives when the timer goes off. My machine has got a timer that reminds you when to add ingredients that must remain whole (like nut, fruit and olives!)

I had a cheeseburger at a little place in Riverside, California (I have no idea where now!) that had green olives in the hamburger patty. It was SO good!

Back
Top Bottom