Omaha Steak Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I have been wanting to give them a try, and noticed they're having some pretty good-looking deals right now. (They probably won't arrive by the 4th, but wanted to pass it along.)

Caine, meant to ask you - re your post for the package you mentioned -- did you find it on their site? I wasn't able to locate it. TIA

Omaha Steaks: Steak, Seafood and More

My experience with Omaha Steaks is that they are very expensive for what you receive. Our local stores do much better!

I placed my order today. This is what I will be receiving next weeK:

Summer Celebration Grill Pack
6 (5 oz.) Bacon-Wrapped Filet of Top Sirloin
4 (6 oz.) Chicken Skewers with Vegetables
6 (8 oz.) Mediterranean Sirloin Skewers
6 (5 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops
6 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
4 (3 oz.) Gourmet Franks
8 (4 oz.) Bratwurst
Regular $208.00, Save $118.01
Your Special Price $89.99

Plus a 15 oz N.Y. Cheescake

A free cutting board & cutlery come with. Total $117.99

My in-laws had some of the bacon wrapped filets...we grilled them and they were great.

lindatooo said:
My experience with Omaha Steaks is that they are very expensive for what you receive. Our local stores do much better!

If you think they cost too much, you should see the Donald Trump steak$.

Even with all the freebies, it seems a bit expensive...about $9.44 per pound. And 34% of the meat is chicken, franks and brats, plus the veggies mentioned. Does the price include shipping? If not, the per pound price would be even more.

Even though we live in a quite rural area, our butcher has phenomenal meats that don't cost near $9+ per pound.

Katie E said:
Even with all the freebies, it seems a bit expensive...about $9.44 per pound. And 34% of the meat is chicken, franks and brats, plus the veggies mentioned. Does the price include shipping? If not, the per pound price would be even more.

Even though we live in a quite rural area, our butcher has phenomenal meats that don't cost near $9+ per pound.

I chose what I wanted to purchase. If you are not interested, then don't buy anything. I am not interested in the freebies. This same topic has been brought up before, by several people. Yet, you continue in after my post & sharing a link with members & tear it down. I can figure out my own budget, & spend what I please. Yes, we also know we can make our own home cooked meals, btw. I am looking forward to my purchase. Caine was happy with his as well. Please do not speak about what YOU think is in everyone's best interests - your budget.

*amy* said:
I chose what I wanted to purchase. If you are not interested, then don't buy anything. I am not interested in the freebies. This same topic has been brought up before, by several people. Yet, you continue in after my post & sharing a link with members & tear it down. I can figure out my own budget, & spend what I please. Yes, we also know we can make our own home cooked meals, btw. I am looking forward to my purchase. Caine was happy with his as well. Please do not speak about what YOU think is in everyone's best interests - your budget.

Sorry to see that you do not want others to speak about what they think. I read this thread precisely to see what others thought about the relative merits of Omaha's stuff.

Amy, I really don't think that Katie was criticizing you in any way. Making an observation with regard to price is certainly in line here especially when she is comparing things to her local butcher. Please try not to take this personally, its easy to read into the written word things that are not meant to be there.

I agree with justplainbill, each person has their own thought and opinion. Years ago when I was working I bought the steaks , they were very good. Not in my budget now - to each their own ! Enjoy yours !!

Sorry but I have to agree with Amy, Alix, bill and linda.

That looks really expensive for sirloin steak and those assorted "extras." I've had Omaha steaks before and they were good but I can get just as good or better for much cheaper locally.

One of my bosses use to give us those packages at Christmas. We enjoyed them, but I probably wouldn't buy them for myself. I like to look at each piece that I buy.

Back
Top Bottom