Omaha Steaks offer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't have much experience with online food. They always seemed too overpriced for what you get, but this seems too good to pass up. I got this offer in the mail today, as maybe some of you did...

4-5oz top sirloins
4-4oz boneless pork chops
4-4oz chicken breasts
4-4oz Omaha steak burgers
2-4.5oz stuffed sole with crabmeat & scallops
8-3oz gourmet franks
4-5.75oz stuffed baked potatoes
Plus:
6-4oz burgers
1-6pc cutlery set
1-acrylic cutting board

"All this could be mine" :LOL: for $65.98 (total) Supposedly there is a savings of $104.01. I'm not saying this is a steal, but it seems like a fair offer.

Watchya think? Anyone else get this offer or take advantage of something similar in the past?

I've gotten that offer before, not the exact same items, but a whole bunch of stuff with around $100 of savings. Sounds pretty good I guess, just wondering if it's maybe because it's all about to expire or something. If I got it in time to freeze I guess it would be ok. I just dont like freezing quality meat, I like to cook it the day, or the next day at the latest, after I buy it.

I think if you don't mind freezing meats (which I don't) you can do just as well at your local market when meats, chicken etc. go on sale. Recently I received a gift from a friend which was an assortment from Omaha including sirloin, filet, stuffed sole, burgers, stuffed potatoes and a chocolate cake. Although the quality was okay (not great) the size in my opinion was small. I guess we eat larger portions than most! I am no longer tempted to order from them. Just my opinion.

Yeah, the small portions are always a turn off. I tried to price it out ballpark style and like I said, it's not a screaming deal, but it seems worth it.

BTW, their stuff always come frozen and shrink wrapped. I don't have a problem with frozen meat done this way at all. Got a freezer full of the stuff now a local butcher did.

The offer is good until Feb 13th.

:) Actually they make those deals always.Their point as they claim is the beef is much better than you can buy at the store.Go to their web site you will find these are standing offers. But I think still a decent deal.depending on where you live and whats available.

I don't have much experience with online food. They always seemed too overpriced for what you get, but this seems too good to pass up. I got this offer in the mail today, as maybe some of you did...

4-5oz top sirloins
4-4oz boneless pork chops
4-4oz chicken breasts
4-4oz Omaha steak burgers
2-4.5oz stuffed sole with crabmeat & scallops
8-3oz gourmet franks
4-5.75oz stuffed baked potatoes
Plus:
6-4oz burgers
1-6pc cutlery set
1-acrylic cutting board

"All this could be mine" :LOL: for $65.98 (total) Supposedly there is a savings of $104.01. I'm not saying this is a steal, but it seems like a fair offer.

Watchya think? Anyone else get this offer or take advantage of something similar in the past?
I bought it. It was in a flyer I read on the plane from someone's discarded newspaper. My sons birthday was coming up in December, an odd time to think of a birthday when all you see are Christmas decorations up all over. Anway, my son is a cook, loves it, probably got it from his mom. Since breaking his back and being out of work for a very very long time, money is tight. I always fill up his pantry and frig when we're there, sort of unbeknownst to him so he isn't embarrassed by mom having to buy groceries for him. {Like I don't love being able to do that for my baby.} This offer looked good to me too, it was his birthday present.
Another long story short, he's loved every single bit of it!

I appreciate your input LEFSElover.
I'm going to order it. If only for two reasons; I love opening packages :w00t: And you can't have enough cutlery sets. What's a fourth one in my kitchen :LOL:

I look at those deals this way:

First off, forget the cutting board and junk. You have 36 pieces of food, divide $66 by 36.....that means your paying $1.83 per item. Not too bad.

That works out to $7.65 a pound for each item, including pork chops, hot dogs, chicken, burgers, potato and stuffing.

I think it lacks quality and portion, but that is MHO on it. I stopped buying meat from those places and buy it from a local pasture now. (I have shopped with many online meat companys... it's not worth it if you have access to a local cattle farmer or quality meat at your grocery store.)

IMO it's a rip off.

Just north of a pound of steak.

Chicken, pork chops, hot dogs, burgers and potatoes.

I think you can do much better than that.

I ordered the steaks/burgers once and thought the steak was good but way overpriced. I can do much better locally. The burgers weren't good at all.
Plus they hounded me -- hounded, I tell you -- to reorder.

Have gotten Omaha steak packages as gifts. Never purchased one for ourselves.

They are OK. But if you can find fresh beef, cut relatively thick, they are not competetive in terms of flavor. Not by a long shot.

To us just OK, but it ain't bad.

Wish I could your decision simpler, but that is all I can offer.

If ya order in the next 30 minutes do they send TWO packages????:LOL:
No, but if you order two packages (which is the limit) sent to two different addresses, they send a cutting board/knife set to each address. These sets (I have three) are perfect housewarming gifts for someone just starting out in their own place.

That particular package (you left out the 4 fillet mignons!) is the only package I order because that's the only one I have seen that is actually worth the price. Some of the "special offers" I've had them offer me worked out to almost 30 bucks a pound. I told them, for 30 bucks I could buy a whole cow!

You can't price this out in a supermarket because the quality of Omaha Steaks products is much better than you'll find in any grocery store. Now, you could try pricing it out in a butcher shop. That would be closer to the quality you get from Omaha Steaks.

What I like best about this particular package, besides the price, is each item, except for the au gratin potatoes, is individually vacuum packed and frozen into perfectly sized portions. Yes, everyone, those are PERFECT PORTIONS! 4 to 5 ounces each. One serving of protein is 4 ounces. If more people stuck to that, 65% of America wouldn't be overweight!

Yes, they do hound you. I have had them call my cell phone twice a day, every day, for the last three months. I finally answered it last night and the first thing I said, instead of hello, was "****, you people sure are persistent!" He apologized, read me one, and only one, special offer, which I declined, then said they would stop calling.

Last edited:
They didn't have the 4 fillets in their mailer, Caine. I'm glad you brought it up. Maybe their website does.
Seeing as how the offer is good for a while, I've been busy contemplating other purchases today.... :wacko:

IMHO, I am better of at the local butcher. Not that its a bad deal, and I think if I knew of someone who doesn't are can't regularly buy good meats I would get them this as a gift but probably give em a temp phone number or an invalid one LOL.
For myself, my local butcher is very picky himself and I am never disappointed. Comes in around the same price as him, maybe with him sometimes a little higher but also better quality I think.

;)Once you add on shipping it gets a little less attractive.
Since it comes frozen anyway why not get local meats on sale and seal with food saver and freeze.All in all it still can still be a pretty good gift to someone.

I was hoping your link had the fillets in it.....
Looks like my mailer is still the way to go. And cheaper. Gotta get those free knives and cutting board, too, ya know :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom