OMG! Unexpected new arrival!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everybody.

Now that I think about it, yesterday, when I went out to feed Bridget, she would NOT get up to greet me. It's possible she had already had this puppy, and was trying to keep it warm.

She has not delivered any more pups. I did not notice any afterbirth, so I'm assuming Bridget ate that. I know many animals will, to recover the protein lost. If Bridget delivered a few still-born pups, or had a couple die due to severe weather, it's also possible that she ate the hypothetical deceased pups.

PeppA has told me that our neighbor (who gave Bridget to us) told her that Bridget has had a litter before.

Yes, ONE puppy in a litter for a dog of this size is odd.

And, yes, once we get the insurance settlement from PeppA's mother's policy, Bridget will be fixed.

Now, I'm just hoping we don't get blessed with a litter of kittens. The next couple of weeks will tell.

Pics soon. I've got to do something early tomorrow.

Yes, as long as they have shelter and fresh water. Our black lab didn't mind cold weather at all. In fact, when we tried to put straw in his house, he pulled it out. He grew an extra thick winter coat, and when he started shedding in the spring, it came out in big patches.
We always supplemented our outdoor dogs diet in cold weather with things like raw eggs, bacon grease, fat trimmings from meat...and did they ever love gravy!

cool, thanks connie.

i knew that they are canadian dogs, but i guess i've only see the indoor type with thinner coats.

lol, allen. lots of gettin' down going on in your yard! :)

I had something like that happen several years ago with a german shepard that i used to have. I noticed that she was getting fat but thought that maybe she was just eating extra good and then one morning when i went out to feed her she had 5 little puppies in the dog house with her.

Wow--that is a miracle puppy to have survived. Thanks for bringing the dogs inside. Congrats on the new furbaby--I love baby kittens. I enjoyed watching Patches mother her babies and teach them how to be cats. lol

Back
Top Bottom