Omigosh!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read this with interest and dismay and feel so sorry for you Katie, you don't need this stress. It makes me appreciate what we have, in this case everything would be free. The only charge we would be up for is the Ambulance, which would not be that horrendous, if we didn't subscribe to them at a paltry $90 a year.
We have two hospital systems, public and private, public is slow-slow and private which we subscribe to as you do and is quiet expensive is just slow, however, the level of dedication by the staff is the same.
This must be a burden for all you people over there, to have to worry about something like this must effect your quality of life as you good people age.

Even if you do not have to pay one cent, that sure is one expensive bill.

No, Dave, I'm not on SS. It'll be a number of years before I'm eligible, so I'll have to find other ways to keep the wolf away from the door.
Katie, I know for fact when creditors run your credit, medical bills are virtually ignored because they know that providers jack up the bills. It does totally suck that they hit you with that. First you lose a loved one and then they hit you with ridiculous bills. I say tell them to bite me and pay them $5 a week and if you eventually pay them off, you will. The problem with medical bills, they make those of us without insurance or with little insurance pay for the loss they experience when they treat people with insurance. It's a racket and not fair at all.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Thoughts to you.

We had a similar situation and the insurance did cover it, because the move was ordered by the doctor. Hopefully, it will be the same in your case.

Katie - if you have an attorney to handle Buck's estate, get them to deal with the hospital bills. Technically, any bill not paid by the insurance would have to make a claim against his estate to get paid. My step-dad was in a critical care unit for 2 months before he passed away and endured a number of surgeries. His insurance maxed out at 1 million and my mom was beside herself with worry about the bills. The attorney for the estate handled everything for her and she only ended paying about $2500.

Plus, another thing to remember is to not pay ANY medical bill for several months, wait for the insurance to work out what they'll pay and let the probate atty handle the rest.

I can only imagine the shock and worry you are going through. I'm sending you a virtual hug
(( ))

Katie, I hope you had a lovely evening dining with your good friends, and had a safe passage to and from. You're getting some really good advice here, and I hope you have a friendly and kind attorney who can simply take this worry away from you. I know it is hard coming home to the empty house - let your kitties comfort you, and please think of all of us here who would love to be there with you right now, giving you a hug and sharing a cup of coffee/glass of wine on the front porch.

I read this with interest and dismay and feel so sorry for you Katie, you don't need this stress. It makes me appreciate what we have, in this case everything would be free. The only charge we would be up for is the Ambulance, which would not be that horrendous, if we didn't subscribe to them at a paltry $90 a year.
We have two hospital systems, public and private, public is slow-slow and private which we subscribe to as you do and is quiet expensive is just slow, however, the level of dedication by the staff is the same.
This must be a burden for all you people over there, to have to worry about something like this must effect your quality of life as you good people age.

Oh, Katie, having to go through financial worries when you are still trying to deal with your loss is highly stressful and worrisome.

As Attie said above, it does make us appreciate what we have here, even if it is slow.

I will never complain about having to pay my medicare levy on my tax and my private health fund fees again.

As has been said earlier, our thoughts, prayers and hugs are being sent your way.

Back
Top Bottom