On line shopping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never enjoyed shopping. Shopping.. for me at least leads to want, want leads to hasty decisions, and those decisions usually mean I end up buying something that I really don't need in the first place.

Some things I need to go in and see and touch... for those types of purchases, I do as much research on line and then pick the place I want to purchase it and go in get it, and get out.

Most of my 'shopping' is done online. I love the convenience of it, and it keeps me focused on my purchase. Plus, I find it easier to find my size of jeans on line vs a store. My size of shoe (size 11) without having to flit from store to store.

The only shopping I like to do in person is at the farmer's market... now that I enjoy!

I buy evrything on-line!! I'm just waiting for an on-line grocery store. I was going add "on-line" gas station, but if I can buy my groceries online then I won't need my car anyway......COOL!!

I have done this when Tom Thumb use to offer the service, I did not like it. I always ended up with stuff that I would not have purchased if I were in the store shopping for it. But hey, it works for some folks, just not for me.

I'm a FatWallet.com girl ... check it out ... love it! They have a daily update e-mail (and also hourly), and man do those people scour the good deals (for both online and brick and mortar stores). I swear by the time I find a deal and go to post it, someone has beaten me to it by HOURS. Some of those deal mongers must stay up all hours just to be the first to post.

I just ordered a new mini-laptop with a 8.9" screen from Amazon. I needed something tiny that I can carry on my bike.
I'm going to have to strain my eyes to use this thing.

I prefer to shop on-line for the convenience, with the added benefit of lower prices, no sales tax, and in many cases, free shipping.

I shop for everything at Amazon... If they don't have it, then I go elsewhere. I signed up for Amazon Prime, so for a nominal fee I get free two day shipping on most items...

I do almost all my shopping online. Saves me from impulse buying for one thing. I do brave the stores when shopping for clothes or shoes for me which isn't very often these days.

I do almost all my shopping online. Saves me from impulse buying for one thing. I do brave the stores when shopping for clothes or shoes for me which isn't very often these days.

Isn't that the truth. Even if I end up buying at a brick and mortar store, I have always done more research on a product.

Who does it? What do you shop for? Why??

When I was in my teens, the mall was the place to go. When I was a young mother with small children, the mall was the place to go to get the kids out of the house for a while and not break the bank.

Now....I cannot stand shopping in the mall. I don't like the whole atmosphere any longer. However, I love to shop! I prefer a simple shop on an avenue or street with a front door.

I've also gotten quite familiar with on-line shopping. It started with making a few purchases with Amazon years ago. Now, I buy hot tub supplies, clothes, gift baskets, flowers, even a couple of olive trees this past christmas.

I don't have to battle the traffic or the parking lots. Instead, I get mail! And who doesn't love getting mail? (well, good mail, anyway:ermm:) Honestly, it saves me so much time, not to mention the gas and mileage on my leased car.

I just ordered 5 dresses (all for the upcoming NOLA trip!). I need new sunglasses, too...but somehow, I just know that is something I'm going to have to try on right on the spot, ya know. Same with shoes...

So, who else like to shop on line?

i love, love shopping on line. ups delivered my decor pillows from overstock. com this am. i have a couple gift books from barnes and nobel that should be here friday. couple for myself as well. i ordered a tricycle delivered site to store at walmart, no shipping costs. none at b&n either and 1 dollar at overstock. i am hoping solar outside christmas lights will be here this week, a new company i am trying.

so yes i shop on line, a lot. i don't drive, gas is bad, rides hard to come by
so it suits my lifestyle

i also shop for and have delivered my groceries once a month. i always get a reduction on del. charges since i order a large dollar amount.

wish we had had the internet when i was a young mom, look at all the time i could have saved.

i know what you mean about the mall, haven't been there but twice in the last five years.

:cool:

Online shopper

:chef: I love to shop online. I buy just about everything online except groceries and gas for my car.

Recently, I added to my audio cassette Christmas music collection by ordering two cassettes from Amazon.com. :chef:

I buy presents from Israel, fruit from Gregory Groves, flowers from Pro Flowers, items from Macy's, books from Amazon, Entertainment books. However, most of the presents I buy I actually shop in stores for.

I would love to be able to shop online. There's a problem though. My wife works from home. She's a snooper. If I buy her Christmas presents online, she's home when the UPS guy delivers them. Then she knows something's up.

"But!" you ask... "Can't you have them delivered somewhere else?". To work? No. But my dad lives just down the street from me. "Surely that's an ideal arrangement then!" Well.... no. I love my father dearly. But if I go over there just to pick up a package that's been delivered, it starts. What starts, you ask? The come in, have a drink, want something to eat?

Before I know it, it's taken longer to pick up the package than it would have taken to go fight through a mall and buy it myself.

And that, is why I still shop at the store. In fact I ran out at lunch time and got something for Sheila. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom