One Monster 'Shroom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
dot.gif

SGE.ALW05.100707184715.photo00.photo.jpg
dot.gif

A more than 20-kilo (41-lb) mushroom has been picked in a forest in Mexico's southernmost state of Chiapas, university officials said Tuesday.

The white mushroom, macrocybe titans, measured a towering 70 cm (27 in) tall, was found near Tapachula, near the Guatemalan border,
according to the Southern Border University Center.

A couple of years in a row now, I've watched a mushroom grow to about the size of a person's head in the woods where I do my lunchtime walk. It grows and grows and grows, and then it kind of implodes. Not knowing my mushrooms very well, I don't know the variety, but it looks like the picture of the puffball that was posted above.

BC

Don't eat this one.:ohmy: :wacko:
FalseGiantPuffball.jpg

False Giant Puffball
(Poison Goalpost Fungus)
Note the cracked surface about to erupt, ejecting enough spores to victimize up to 22 people at once!

photo by "Wildman"
SoccerPlayers.gif
This mushroom is so deadly, merely inhaling the spores rearranges your brain's neural synapses, making you race endlessly back and forth across a field, stopping occasionally to jump up and down and cheer or curse insanely, never resting until death from exhaustion ensues.​

Victims of the false giant puffball in the throes of madness
Poisoning is so virulent, relatives of the victim, especially the parents, have been known to succumb as well!​

Except for this species, the large puffballs have no poisonous look-alikes, so they're fair game for beginners.

Lynan said:
I sure hope someone DID eat that big puffball! They are very nice breaded and fried. :)

Lynan, I'm gonna need a bigger frying pan. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom