One of my favorite stories. Enjoy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
[font=arial,helvetica]
THIS ONE IS PRICELESS

Some people understand life better, And they call some of these people "retarded"...

At the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash.

At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win. All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back.

Then they all turned around and went back......every one of them.

One girl with Down's Syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, "This will make it better."

Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line.

Everyone in the stadium stood, the cheering went on for several minutes. People who were there are still telling the story... Why? Because deep down we know this one thing: What matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves. What matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course.

If you pass this on, we may be able to change our hearts as well as someone else's.

[/font][font=arial,helvetica]"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle." :):)[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
Often you find "We misread the word RETARDED". I have know many such Labeled people".

I Often find it is me that Feels "RETARDED" They are so Loving and speak from the heart, not from Greed or Lust. If this is what "RETARTED" means I wish I was "RETARDED".
We all know right from wrong we just choose to be wrong most of the time. I Love "THE WORLD" can the world Love me Back ?
Thank You For Sharing PDSWIFE!

Last edited:
Thank you pds...

So beautiful and something I wish others would heed and follow, if they only knew how good it feels to love and be loved back:)
kadesma

middie said:
wow what a beautiful story. we need more people like that in the world !

Yes, we do need more people like that. But more importantly, we need to be like those kids. I won't go into a lengthy post about my persnal beliefs about competition versus cooperation. I don't need to. Those children gave the perfect example.:)

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

A wonderful little story... sometimes we all learn a lesson in life from an unexpected source... thanks for sharing it with us it really made my day!!:)

You brought tears to my eyes....nobody knows what those kids know. They dont think what other people will say, think, do...they do as their hearts tell them. Why cant we all think by our hearts more than not? Thank you for sharing this story

I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Think with your heart today.
smiles, Trish

Back
Top Bottom