One positive thing you did today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
If there is even only one thing you do in a day to make someone elses life a little better or put a smile on a face otherwise devoid of one, you've made a difference. Each day, we should maybe all go to sleep knowing what that one thing was. Can you think of one thing you did today, or yesterday, that made a difference?

Today, a wheelchaired gentleman and his bride [I was told] were celebrating their 57th wedding Anniversary. They even kissed spontaneouly, which was not solicited and very adorable. I don't know these two little dolls but upon hearing it, I did a celebratory dance in front of a very large crowd for them. All clapped and that's when they kissed, I teared up. They were so cute.

Did you do a good thing today? Please post if you did. We all need to make life a little brighter for anyone. And to the Mods, if this is inappropriate, please remove.

It's not really much but I went out in the cold and checked / filled my own oil in the car so DH wouldn't have to when he comes home in the dark. He's had such a bad week and a half now, with his gramma still dying. Poor guy.
Oh yeah and I stopped in to work for a bit yesterday and helped his mom finish up and I didn't clock in. She's had the same bad week and a half.
Wish I knew what else I could do.

Why would it be inappropriate? It's a great idea.

I met my son's girlfriend for coffee yesterday. It was the first time we'd been together
for more than 3 minutes. I love her. She's made David happy and that means the world to me. We sat at Starbucks for over two hours and laughed and talked and smiled the whole time. Two different old folks stopped by our table and told us we looked like we were having a great time. It made them smile too! I know it's not much but.. i love making other people smile.

It's not really much but I went out in the cold and checked / filled my own oil in the car so DH wouldn't have to when he comes home in the dark. He's had such a bad week and a half now, with his gramma still dying. Poor guy.
Oh yeah and I stopped in to work for a bit yesterday and helped his mom finish up and I didn't clock in. She's had the same bad week and a half.
Wish I knew what else I could do.
I think that's awesome. You did him a major favor for sure.

Why would it be inappropriate? It's a great idea.

I met my son's girlfriend for coffee yesterday. It was the first time we'd been together
for more than 3 minutes. I love her. She's made David happy and that means the world to me. We sat at Starbucks for over two hours and laughed and talked and smiled the whole time. Two different old folks stopped by our table and told us we looked like we were having a great time. It made them smile too! I know it's not much but.. i love making other people smile.
That's wonderful. You and your newest little darling friend, laughing and giggling and just enjoying each other. Plus you made those other folks smile. That may have been the only smile they'd had/gotten/received/done all day long. Good for you. Never sell yourself short on such an account. You may have given them a wonderful gift, all 3 of them...

I sat with my sick doggy for the last half hour and rubbed her belly until she fell asleep. Poor thing, I just hate seeing her sick. She's still sleeping in the same spot, hope she feels better when she wakes up.

When you marry it's for better and worse, we two have sailed along,life has given us a nice home, 4 really good and beautiful children and of course, my gang Cade,Carson,Ethan and Olivia...Then I got sick, and life really changed...no more baby sitting as before, I now depend on solutions and machines to get on, and my DH has worked and catered to me from the day I came home..Now, that I can do more, I decided to do something for him..He is at work today so i made him a special dinner and his favorite dessert..And, believe me, it was a pleasure and there will be more as strength builds more things will be added. It's not much compared to all he and the kids have done, but it's a start..Never sleep before telling those you love I love you.
kadesma

Making cake. It's a little thing but it seems to just warm up the house and raise everyones spirit.

I had the most rude customer today. He was hateful and seemed determined make my day heck, but, I smiled, bit my tongue and got him finished and told him to have a great day!!! LOL
And my child won't starve for another week.

I started the DC Halo Award thread. :) We all thank those who mean so much to us anyway, but I thought this would be a way to highlight those DC angels who go above and beyond for us.

:)Barbara

Ok, first of all, this is a great thread.

Positive things I did today
- got up early and made a nice breakfast for my husband and our house guest
- took the garbage out (its trash day and my hubby usually does it)

I said an extra prayer and sent a card to a friend today who was remembering and missing her sister. Sadly her sister was a victim of the Tolley Square shooting last year and with today being the anniversary emotions are pretty raw.

sewing

i sewed logo on my grandson's shirt. he is in school to be a ex-ray tech. works full time and has a baby as well. he is 25 now, but it made me remember when i made cover-alls :ermm::ermm:for him when he was young. he is always so pleased when i do something simple for him. he said "mine will be the best"

babe

I spent a half hour in bed today, hugging my wife, giving her my all. She is at midpoint chemo theropy for breast cancer. It was a really down day for her. God bless.

I spent a half hour in bed today, hugging my wife, giving her my all. She is at midpoint chemo theropy for breast cancer. It was a really down day for her. God bless.
the username buzzard doesn't seem appropriate at all. especially since you were so loving and kind to you wife in all her ill feelings today.
bless you buzzard and give that darling wife of yours a huge bag of love from all of us. hope she's feeling even just a little bit better tomorrow and the next and the next and the next

What a sweet and lovely thing for you to do..May tomorrow bring the warmth of feeling no pain and peace of spirit knowing that good thoughts and prayers are being sent to you both.
kadesma

the username buzzard doesn't seem appropriate at all. especially since you were so loving and kind to you wife in all her ill feelings today.
bless you buzzard and give that darling wife of yours a huge bag of love from all of us. hope she's feeling even just a little bit better tomorrow and the next and the next and the next

Appropriate for what? Buzzard is my name, sort of. Dad was on a one week leave during WWII. Mom and he spent the entire time at Buzzards Bay, MA. This is where I was conceived and I consequently was born with the nickname Buzz. All my life my friends have called me by this name or a variation, including Buzzard. A few ex-Viet Cong folks will never forget the call sign Buzzard Flight they heard on their portable radios as we were rolling our Marine Corps fighters in on target, and after more than thirty years of airline flying friends from a dozen or more countries affectionately call me Buzzard.

So there ya go. It can't be inappropriate because I *am* Buzzard through and through.

I don't eat carrion though.:cool:

Thanks for sending your love. My wife and I truly appreciate it. Today is another downer and it breaks my heart for her to have to go through this ****. Let's stop government pork projects and unnecessary wars and instead use some of that money to defeat cancer.

Buzz, your story brought tears to my eyes. Your wife is a lucky woman.

Yesterday, in class, we were assigned our first group project and I prevented our group leader from taking on more work than was fair. And I had dinner ready when DH got home from his class (one he was teaching) later than expected, tired and cranky.

Bean- I think I worked with that girl when she was 17... sad story, Post Journal had article in today about it.
I listened to a friend on the phone for almost an hour, sometimes nothing being said just being on the other end of the phone. I hope it made him feel better.

Today a friend at work found out her mother in law and father in law both DIED on the same day, in Hong Kong. She is on the first flight out tomorrow, we took up a collection at work to defray her travel costs, we raised over $1300.

Back
Top Bottom