Only an arm's length and arm's work away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
Yes, that's right, the mountain of ironing!
How did 2 people manage to generate so much of it in 2 weeks away :ermm:

Mainly, I must add, DH's shirts. Is there any end to them :rolleyes: I've just stopped for a break.

Then tomorrow there'll be all the Church linen which has accrued while we were away

I don't really mind doing it but am amazed 2 people can create so much of it.
Oh well, better press on :)

Yes, that's right, the mountain of ironing!
How did 2 people manage to generate so much of it in 2 weeks away :ermm:

Mainly, I must add, DH's shirts. Is there any end to them :rolleyes: I've just stopped for a break.

Then tomorrow there'll be all the Church linen which has accrued while we were away

I don't really mind doing it but am amazed 2 people can create so much of it.
Oh well, better press on :)
;) Ironing? Whats that?:LOL:

;) Ironing? Whats that?:LOL:

Same here. I'l pull out a wrinkled ol shirt and have a look on my face like..:ermm:..but still wear it. I figure by the time the iron heats up and I get the shirt done, I would be 5-10 minutes ahead by just wearing it as is.

.......:ermm:

Hm. I trained DH early in our marriage. He joined the Navy about six months after we were married and had to have his everyday work shirts and pants ironed just so. I deliberately did not learn how to do it and told him they're his clothes and his responsibility. To this day, I don't iron his clothes unless it's an emergency. And how often is there an ironing emergency? :-p

:) Heres a trick that I do and it works pretty good. After washing your shirts throw them in the dryer with a fabric softener sheet let dry about 5 minutes shirts should still be wet but really warmed up, the wrinkles are pretty much gone hang on a clothes hanger straighten it out and let it air dry.I do jeans the same way but I fold them in 1/2 lenth wise smooth them out with my hands then hang them still folded over a clothes hanger and let air dry.You will be surprised how well this works

Last edited:
For our everyday clothes the dryer does a good job getting the wrinkles out. James was always one who didn't care if his clothes looked like they had been run over by a dozen trucks, but now that he is in CAD training and has to wear dress shirts and ties every day he has started taking pride in how he looks. I wash and dry them here, then he irons them at school. He took my old iron with him so I got to get a really nice new one. :cool: The old one is actually still in really good shape. Also, we found a steam press (like the "manglers" they use at the dry cleaners, only smaller) on ebay for a good price and got that. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon. I actually kind of enjoy ironing if it isn't a rush job. Having to iron something when you are trying to get somewhere on time is no fun!

Wow, so many things have reminded me of my mom the last couple days. I just remembered the Christmas of (I think) 1964, when I was 7 years old. We were visiting my grandmother and cousins that Christmas. My only vivid memory of that Christmas was that my mom and cousins stayed up all night ironing and talking. It probably really wasn't all night, but that is how I remember it. :angel: Even as a kid I sensed that that was a special time of bonding for them (not that I thought of it in that term then!).

:)Barbara

Standing up facing everyone - "Hi, I'm Katie and I'm a compulsive ironer."

Actually, I really am. Always have been. Don't go to the extent, as in jokes, where I iron Buck's underwear, but I iron all his shirts, dress or not. Jeans, summer shorts for both of us. All our pillowcases, the top edge of the flat sheets, lots of other things. I've never been satisfied with the way things come out of the dryer, whether they're removed while still damp or not.

There, I've said it.

My best friend's grandmother gets mad at them because they don't iron everything, including their bras!!! Why on earth would you need to iron a bra?! :wacko:

:ohmy:Barbara

Actually, I really am. Always have been. Don't go to the extent, as in jokes, where I iron Buck's underwear, but I iron all his shirts, dress or not. Jeans, summer shorts for both of us. All our pillowcases, the top edge of the flat sheets, lots of other things. I've never been satisfied with the way things come out of the dryer, whether they're removed while still damp or not.

There, I've said it.
Oh, look, it's our very own Bree Van de Kamp.

:) All I know is when Im on my death bed I wont be saying. Geez, maybe I should have ironed less and spent more time doing ?????

There, I've said it.
:)Why? The minute you put the clothes on you sit down or move around sit in the car and make wrinkles any way or if your me I immediately spill some sort of food on my shirt.

I don't iron anything. I never even owned an iron until 2 years ago when I got my Grandmas when she passed. If something is wrinkled I throw it in the dryer with a damp cloth for a few minutes, usually makes them presentable. I'm with JP on usually spilling something on them. Kids usually tell me Mom get you napkin ready you know your going to spill. :ROFLMAO:

There, I've said it.

Katie, do you clean behind the radiators? :angel:

Kids usually tell me Mom get you napkin ready you know your going to spill. :ROFLMAO:
Our church had a spaghetti lunch after the service last Sunday. James was wearing a white shirt, so we were taking guesses on how many red spots he would leave with! Poor guy didn't even make it past the serving line. As he was ladling the sauce onto the spaghetti it splashed an array of mini spots all over the front of it! He didn't get any while eating though. LOL

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom