Only in Kentucky?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I had a bunch of errands to do today, one of which was at Krogers. Near the check out lanes was a bluegrasss quartet playing their banjoes and fiddles and singing. They were wearing matching red shirts with white pants and cowboy hats. The youngest guy was probably 75. Now how cute is that? No matter how big of a hurry you are in, you couldn't help but smile. They were really enjoying themselves.

I think that is very nice! Such a surprise that brightened up everyone's day, I bet. :LOL:

That's great, Toots. In our area there's a huge Lions Club telethon in the early part of November. It has been around 50 years and it's primary purpose is to raise funds for Easter Seals projects, as well as other organizations. Last year the telethon raised about $600,000.

One of our area Kroger managers is a dancer. He retired a couple of years ago, but he always took his vacation days during the week of the telethon to dance on the sidewalk in front of his Kroger store to raise money. He has done it since his retirement.

Nothing like doing a bit of ballroom dancing at noon to Cole Porter songs. It's great. How can you NOT smile?

How great. Kentucky was one of our top 3 places to retire (Bardstown). Where I live we often have street entertainers (accordion, guitar, even tarot card readers) and I love it. It is one of my favorite things about living in a "tourist town".

This morning when I went to city market downtown, I could hear this music about a block away. I thought someone was just playing their radio to loud. When I got closer I saw it was a bunch of guys (about 8) sitting in a semi-circle and they were all playing guitars and singing. They were all in their 70. It just made my day, everyone was was having a great time. Our city market has been in the same location since the 1880's. A lot of my family would bring their produce in from the farm to sell in those days, so it means a lot to me.

Back
Top Bottom