Opinion on shoes I bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
When I buy something from a store, not Goodwill or any others, I do expect to be the only ones who has worn them. I understand people have to try clothes on to see how they fit but shoes being worn bothers me.

I bought some shoes, New Balance, and they are pricey. Mainly, I use them for walking for exercise. When I got home I noticed the bottoms looked as though someone had walked in them outside the store. Should I be upset?

Also these shoes are exact style as others I have but the leather feels different than the old ones. Cheap! I am really insulted that the salesperson sold me shoes like this. First time I visited the store and will be my last. Unless you tell me I am being too picky. I don't have extra money for things for myself and when I get them I want them to be worn just by me.

I don't think you are being too picky. Shoes need to feel right! Maybe you should exchange them for another pair or just get your money back. If you can learn to live with them it would be okay, but if they are always going to drive you nuts when you put them on it is better to take them back. It could just be that particular pair of shoes, so rather than just planning on never going back you might want to talk to the manager and take a good look at their other shoes.

:) Barbara

Many, most, stores have a return policy. I've taken advantage of those policies many times in my shopping life.

That being said, perhaps the shoes had been purchased by someone, taken home and worn for a short time. During that trial wearing it is possible the purchaser discovered the shoes were not as comfortable as they were the couple of minutes they were on in the store. I've returned shoes for that very reason.

Since you say they are a bit costly, I would imagine the person might not have chosen to spend a lot of money and be uncomforatable or not wear the shoes.

Just my take on your query.

Appreciate

I always respect what others say about my problems. Seems I am not acting abnormal if I refuse to accept the shoes. Katie, I think that is what happened. Someone took them home and wore them and then took them back. Do you think this is fair to the consumer to buy shoes that someone has tried and worn before? I feel it is the store's problem if shoes don't work for someone. But to offer them at same price to someone else isn't fair. I think they should be put on special sale or marked down.

Barb and Katie, thanks for your time. And Barb, it would drive me nuts. Even more than I am now. Thanks to both of you. Wish you both could go shopping with me. I like support.

In the Kitchen said:
I feel it is the store's problem if shoes don't work for someone.

Actually, ITK, I don't really think it is the store's problem. I've bought shoes, brought them home and worn them only to discover that my feet swell sometimes and the shoes just don't work. That's something the store has no control over.

Unless the shoes are obviously damaged then, yes, the store should offer them at a reduced price. However, if it is an issue of the soles being a bit soiled or scuffed, I would have no problem with them.

Many goods are returned to the stores from which they came. How many times have we bought a piece of clothing that we loved in the store and then brought home only to discover it's just not right. Back it goes and back it goes on the rack/shelf. They're sold at full price.

Just my take.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom