Oscar Get Togethers - What are you serving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Ciao,

It is almost Oscar Get Together time ... What is on the carte ? Which wines or beers ? Anybody doing Spanish Tapas ? Who is doing an array of Meze and Appetisers from around the Globe ? How about Mexican or Tex Mex Party Food ? An Oriental touch perhaps ? Any ideas ?

Let us hear your thoughts ---

Thanks in advance for posting ...

Margi

There was a time when I either hosted or attended an Academy Awards TV party Margi.
We would each bring our most spectacular appetizer along with a bottle of Champagne, and we would all dress up for the evening. I miss doing that as it was great fun.
Those same friends and I have seen most of the nominated movies again this year, and I'm really excited as right now I'm watching the red carpet show with the stars arriving. The awards to follow soon. Yeah !!

I mentioned on the dinner thread that this is my big night........as exciting for me as any football fan with Super Bowl.

Last edited:
SO and I are having an awards get together. I served burgers. The rest of the night I have to listen to, "Andy, Andy look at that ugly gown!" and "She looks so old"

Sadly, no. I'm expected to respond with something other than, "I don't give a crap!" So I'll be really engrossed in my laptop for the next "X" hours.

You could always learn designer talk and gush over each one...:rolleyes:

No Oscar party at the Kroll house, I'm afraid. I didn't even know it was on tonight until I heard our daughter grumble that it was pre-empting one of her regular programs. :rolleyes:

And all the endless "sports talk" is so evolved? Come on now, different strokes for different folks, and this is only one night of the year, not a whole bleeping season. :wacko:

It's all "entertainment".

Goodness, Margi. While I usually follow the awards, I didn't plan nor have I ever been to an Oscar get-together, but I was looking forward to the posts of others. Sorry we in the States for the most part seem to have been wet blankets this time. Hope Kayelle's party was and that your party will be smashing.

Didn't have one or attend one this year. Went w/ cheap champagne (instead of Moet - The Governors' Ball official drink), popcorn & pizza.

In years past - smoked salmon, cream cheese & dill pizzas, Moet, crab cake sliders w/ lime mayonnaise, gazpacho shooters, crab legs w/ different dipping sauces, Crab & avocado salad in Verrines, etc., etc. Would like to find some chocolate Oscars.

Two I had/have in mind to try...

Mini French Onion Soup (French Onion soup w/ a twist). Beef broth served in small bowls or ramekins with caramelized onions over puff pastry for dipping into the broth.)

Chicken Caesar Salad wedges served in endive or romaine lettuce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom