"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L View Post
I know how that hurts, hope you have your leg elevated - will help.
Sorry about the pain you are having .
thanks Barb.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Are your toes discolored LC? And GB is right, just keep them taped up (if possible) and that's about all you can do. ER can't relaly do anything but say - yea or nay to being broken and then tell you to stay off of it. We did that for free!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I broke one of my toes I kept a tight pair of sandals on - did the trick! Yes, it took about a week or so before I started walking better. You might try some crutches for a few days too.

Feel better and yes, keep it up and if you can, enjoy that soda!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Master Chef

I agree with everyone else. All you'll get in the ER is a picture (xray) of your foot. Tape the bruised ones together with a non bruised one and walk carefully. If you have a stiff soled shoe or sandal wear that to keep from bending them too much. Rest, Ice, Comression, Elevation (RICE) is the way to go. You get the "compression" by taping them together. Broken toes are not a big deal in the medical community unless they are severed or sticking out of the skin. It has to be a serious thing for them to worry about broken toes. Take some Advil or Motrin to help with the pain and inflammation. You can safely take up to 3 tablets at a time if 2 don't seem to help much.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Are your toes discolored LC? And GB is right, just keep them taped up (if possible) and that's about all you can do. ER can't relaly do anything but say - yea or nay to being broken and then tell you to stay off of it. We did that for free!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I broke one of my toes I kept a tight pair of sandals on - did the trick! Yes, it took about a week or so before I started walking better. You might try some crutches for a few days too.

Feel better and yes, keep it up and if you can, enjoy that soda!
It is starting to get black and blue. I have crutches somewhere in the cellar, from when I had knee surgery. I have a cane too so whatever works best but for now I am just sitting with ice on the toes.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
I agree with everyone else. All you'll get in the ER is a picture (xray) of your foot. Tape the bruised ones together with a non bruised one and walk carefully. If you have a stiff soled shoe or sandal wear that to keep from bending them too much. Rest, Ice, Comression, Elevation (RICE) is the way to go. You get the "compression" by taping them together. Broken toes are not a big deal in the medical community unless they are severed or sticking out of the skin. It has to be a serious thing for them to worry about broken toes. Take some Advil or Motrin to help with the pain and inflammation. You can safely take up to 3 tablets at a time if 2 don't seem to help much.
I have motrin, usually only take one for back pain and headaches but in this case.. probably take 2 . I told hubby he should wait on me for a change.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Taped and try not to bend the toes much. I've broken a toe or two. No use going to the doctor unless you obviously have bone separation.