"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Talking Our 3 AM "Redneck Moment"

Okay, so there I am in bed, three in the morning and I hear my neighbor's truck and then I hear a crash. Followed by tire spin. I jump out of bed fearing for my car. I look out the window and there's my neighbor CRASHED into his house. Now his is a Chevy truck, not a small vehicle and it's stuck. He's spinning the tires a few times then I see him use his cell phone. Not 10 minutes later another, bigger Chevy truck comes pulling up to haul the first truck out of the front of the house. Mission accomplished but OMG it was funny. Four guys sitting around trying to figure out how to pull the truck out from the front of the house (I have no confirmation but alcohol had to be involved). So....

You might be a redneck if you crash your truck into your house but have a friend with a bigger truck to pull you out.

My neighbor the idiot!! And just one reason why I don't drink and drive, I prefer my house and car in tact and I don't have a friend with a really big truck.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, that is too funny. Well, maybe not for your neighbor...when it comes time to pay for repairs. Kinda sounds like something that would happen here.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Song

This sounds like something you could compose some kind of song? When my 'red neck' neighbor ran his truck into his house? Or is there a song about that already. Bet you don't even have to watch tv. Just wait and see what the neighbors will do. Life is strange and funny!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
Hospitality Queen

oooooooooooh, if only you had a video camera on!

I think you need to send that one to Jeff Foxworthy
Old 03-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath View Post
oooooooooooh, if only you had a video camera on!

I think you need to send that one to Jeff Foxworthy
If the flash wouldn't have been obvious, I would have taken pictures. He had to know we were watching, but I just couldn't add salt to the wounds last night. Granted, I can laugh my butt off over it and I do wish I had filmed it.

And if I knew where to send it, I'd seriously send it to Foxworthy. I love that man.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Are you sure you don't live in Texas, Callisto? Because I thought this is the only place in the world where people get liquored up and just drive into the house instead of using the door.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
Executive Chef

BTW, this is what they call a very teachable moment with your daughter. Shows graphically why alcohol and automobiles don't mix!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Are you sure you don't live in Texas, Callisto? Because I thought this is the only place in the world where people get liquored up and just drive into the house instead of using the door.
Sorry, FM! It can't be state exclusive. Anywhere there's a "clobber" of rednecks, this could happen.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
Executive Chef

FM ~ that's the funniest part of the story that I totally forgot. When it happened I ran into my daughter's room and she cursed like a sailor and then said "WHAT" (she'd taken Dayquil at 5 pm so she was having problems sleeping). I told her I know she was asleep but she HAD to see this. She couldn't help but laugh her butt off at it, especially the four guys standing around trying to figure out what to do. We witnessed the whole event and then she went to bed. She told me this morning she'd have been mad if I hadn't woken her.

Ironically, this isn't the first time a car had crashed either into my house of the house next door. 5 years ago I was sleeping and a high speed car chase ended in my front yard. That time I didn't miss the opportunity to go out and yell at the guy for running from the police and call him an idiot. This time the neighbor is too big to make such comments to. LOL
Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #10
Senior Cook

HAHAHAH!!!!!!