"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #11
Master Chef

How funny!!! You guys must be having the greatest time!!! HI QSIS!!! Glad to meet ya!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmax View Post
I have a question. Years ago (early '90's) I was at the Bull and Finch, across from Boston Commons, which was the exterior of "Cheers" in the TV series. Is that the same place?
I don't think so, doesn't look like The Bull and The Finch, which is still called that.. They've erected a replica in the Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

Barbara, I LOVE Durgin Park's Indian Pudding. I have the recipe, if you want it. When I lived in Boston, Faneuil Hall Marketplace was my neighborhood mall, and I used to go over to Durgin Park just for a bowl of fish chowder and Indian Pudding.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

What can I say? I wanna meet everybody too Glad you all are having fun..Would love to ge a fly on the wall..Barb, put that swatter down
j/k you all look so happy and relaxed..Way to go..Hi Lee!
kades
Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
Great pics.

Do they still serve the Lobsta Salad Sammy there?
I just looked at the menu at their website and didn't see any sandwiches listed. That doesn't mean they might not have them, or wouldn't make one, they just aren't listed on that menu.

We know we are going to have to go home soon, but we love the memories we are building on this trip. We have seen some interesting places, and we have definitely met some wonderful people. We know this kind of vacation will never happen again (on this scale anyway), so we are savoring every second of it. Thanks for being such a wonderful group of people! I wish we could visit all of you in person!

Barbara
Old 09-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I don't know a thing about Boston, but I don't think so. All I know is this was in the Faneuil Hall Market Place.

Barbara
Quote:
I have a question. Years ago (early '90's) I was at the Bull and Finch, across from Boston Commons, which was the exterior of "Cheers" in the TV series. Is that the same place?
Quote:
Not the same place. Was really weird going into the Bull And Finch Pub. Seen it a million times on TV, then it's real and in front of you. Then you walk in, and it is nothing like the TV set. Kind of an underground pub with many kind of cramped chambers (no reference to Diana). But htey did have a lot of Cheers t-shits, memorabilia, et al, at the front counter.
Okay, I just found out from a matchbook that there are two of these in Boston. The one we went to is listed as, "The Authentic Replica." The other is on Beacon Street and is listed as, "The Original Inspiration."

Barbara
P.S. Oh it was so cute--They had T-shirts and other things with "Cheers" and "Where nobody knows your name" on them. The cutest thing was an infant's "Onsies" that said, "I don't even know my name."
Old 09-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
Head Chef

As everyone else has said about Barbara and James, they are fun, great people to be with! They are friendly and generous and open and totally non-pretentious. Felt as if I'd known them forever. Wish they lived closer to me!

By the way, after much consideration, Barbara DID buy a pair of pretty shoes from a pushcart vendor in the marketplace. I don't have the photo I took of the shoes here (I'm at work,) but I'll insert the photo tonight, for any shoe-o-philes in the audience here.

Jeekins, they did have a lobster salad roll special for $19.99. All the prices had gone up exponentially since the last time I was there.

UB, you are SO gallant! Thank you.

James and Barbara at the shoe pushcart

Barbara's beautiful new shoes

Lee
Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #17
Head Chef

Oh wow, you guys are just having WAY too much fun. And the shoes are awesome! Thanks for the reports - we can live vicariously....
Old 09-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

add 1 more to the "wish i could have been there" group.
"nahmie" is a lucky guy. where's lee's right hand, i wonder?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #19
Master Chef

Cool!! What is indian pudding?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

ok, i'll rephrase: i don't know about indians, but where is lee puddin' her hand?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote