Our Dinner with QSis!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
We had a great time with QSis (Lee) tonight! Lee snuck up on us as I was buying a pair of shoes! We went over to the Cheers Bar and talked awhile over drinks. Then we went to Durgin Park for dinner. Durgin Park > Home James had vegetable barley soup and the Yankee Pot Roast and I had clam chowder and the New England Corned Beef and Cabbage. Lee had clam chowder and fried oysters. For dessert Lee and I had Indian Pudding, and James had Boston Creme Pie. It was all pretty good, and we were all full when we left.

Poor Lee probably had to go home and put ice bags on her ears, since we practically talked them off! She probably learned a lot more about us than she ever wanted to!

The first pictures are Lee and me hitting on Norm! :LOL: Then there is one of James trying to steal Norm's beer and one of him just hanging out with him! (edit--I forgot to add those two, so they are at the end). There are some pictures of us sitting and talking. I also included the picture of my Indian Pudding and James's Boston Creme Pie.

This was a really nice way to end our stay in the Boston area!

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Lee 1.jpg
    Lee 1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Lee 2.jpg
    Lee 2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Lee 5.jpg
    Lee 5.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Lee 6.jpg
    Lee 6.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Lee 7.jpg
    Lee 7.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Lee 3.jpg
    Lee 3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 182
  • Indian Pudding.jpg
    Indian Pudding.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Boston Creme pie.jpg
    Boston Creme pie.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 188
  • James and Norm 1.jpg
    James and Norm 1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 198
  • James and Norm 2.jpg
    James and Norm 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I have a question. Years ago (early '90's) I was at the Bull and Finch, across from Boston Commons, which was the exterior of "Cheers" in the TV series. Is that the same place?

I don't know a thing about Boston, but I don't think so. All I know is this was in the Faneuil Hall Market Place.

I don't know a thing about Boston, but I don't think so. All I know is this was in the Faneuil Hall Market Place.

Not the same place. Was really weird going into the Bull And Finch Pub. Seen it a million times on TV, then it's real and in front of you. Then you walk in, and it is nothing like the TV set. Kind of an underground pub with many kind of cramped chambers (no reference to Diana). But htey did have a lot of Cheers t-shits, memorabilia, et al, at the front counter.:ermm:

How funny!!! You guys must be having the greatest time!!! HI QSIS!!! Glad to meet ya!!!

I have a question. Years ago (early '90's) I was at the Bull and Finch, across from Boston Commons, which was the exterior of "Cheers" in the TV series. Is that the same place?

I don't think so, doesn't look like The Bull and The Finch, which is still called that.. They've erected a replica in the Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

Barbara, I LOVE Durgin Park's Indian Pudding. I have the recipe, if you want it. When I lived in Boston, Faneuil Hall Marketplace was my neighborhood mall, and I used to go over to Durgin Park just for a bowl of fish chowder and Indian Pudding. :D

What can I say? I wanna meet everybody too:LOL: Glad you all are having fun..Would love to ge a fly on the wall..Barb, put that swatter down:LOL:
j/k you all look so happy and relaxed..Way to go..Hi Lee!
kades

Great pics.

Do they still serve the Lobsta Salad Sammy there?
I just looked at the menu at their website and didn't see any sandwiches listed. That doesn't mean they might not have them, or wouldn't make one, they just aren't listed on that menu.

We know we are going to have to go home soon, but we love the memories we are building on this trip. We have seen some interesting places, and we have definitely met some wonderful people. We know this kind of vacation will never happen again (on this scale anyway), so we are savoring every second of it. Thanks for being such a wonderful group of people! I wish we could visit all of you in person!

Not the same place. Was really weird going into the Bull And Finch Pub. Seen it a million times on TV, then it's real and in front of you. Then you walk in, and it is nothing like the TV set. Kind of an underground pub with many kind of cramped chambers (no reference to Diana). But htey did have a lot of Cheers t-shits, memorabilia, et al, at the front counter.:ermm:
Okay, I just found out from a matchbook that there are two of these in Boston. The one we went to is listed as, "The Authentic Replica." The other is on Beacon Street and is listed as, "The Original Inspiration."

P.S. Oh it was so cute--They had T-shirts and other things with "Cheers" and "Where nobody knows your name" on them. The cutest thing was an infant's "Onsies" that said, "I don't even know my name." :LOL::cool:

As everyone else has said about Barbara and James, they are fun, great people to be with! They are friendly and generous and open and totally non-pretentious. Felt as if I'd known them forever. Wish they lived closer to me!

By the way, after much consideration, Barbara DID buy a pair of pretty shoes from a pushcart vendor in the marketplace. I don't have the photo I took of the shoes here (I'm at work,) but I'll insert the photo tonight, for any shoe-o-philes in the audience here.

Jeekins, they did have a lobster salad roll special for $19.99. All the prices had gone up exponentially since the last time I was there.

UB, you are SO gallant! Thank you. :blush:

shoes1atquincymarketgm6.jpg

James and Barbara at the shoe pushcart

shoes5xa3.jpg

Barbara's beautiful new shoes

Lee

add 1 more to the "wish i could have been there" group. :(
"nahmie" is a lucky guy. where's lee's right hand, i wonder? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom