"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Our dog is lost...

dh just called. he took our dog, Seijo, into town with him and she ran off. She took off after some deer, it's been 1 1/2 hours that she's been gone. He isn't sure what to do. She runs free at our house and sometimes strays to far but always comes back. She is a smart dog and I know she'll come back to where they were, I just worry about her getting hit by traffic. It just got dark too, she'll be hard to see if she is on the road. dh has been driving around looking for her to no avail, he's been calling her too and she always comes when called. It's a tough call, does he wait there all night and see if she comes back or does he come home? I wish I could think of someway to help but I'm stuck at home. Please keep your fingers crossed that she comes back to us safely!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEIJO.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	876  

Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
Master Chef

Oh corazon, I'm sorry. I know how lost you must feel!! Me, I would stay a while and just call her name and see if she comes. Other people will say to wait until morning, but, I would stay myself. Good luck!! Let me know when you find her! Lots of hugs!!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
She's beautiful! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that she comes home soon!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Thanks so much for your support! I think dh is just waiting for her. I wouldn't be so worried if she went missing from home but this was in town and she's never done this before! I hope we find her!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
Executive Chef

I will cross my fingers and toes and also say a prayer that you beautiful Seijo will be found. Please keep us informed.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Cora,
will pray for your beautiful dog..Heres hoping you find Seijo unhurt soon.

kadesma
Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Thanks wasabi and kadesma. dh is gonna wait a couple hours. He said the only reason he thought she hasn't come back is either because she's lost or hurt. Those german shepards have good noses, I don't think she could be lost. and I think she'd have to be seriously hurt to not come back. She's been gone 2 hours now...but the first time she took off we lived on 10 acres and she was gone all day. So I wouldn't be surprized if she just trotted out of the wilderness, all happy with herself.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #8
Head Chef

corazon, i'm so sorry - i know how you must feel.......it's awful!!! My sweet cocker spaniel got lost (from home) some years ago. I was miserable. Couldn't find her. I had given up - when 3 nights later I heard a scratch at the front door...I opened the door and THERE SHE WAS! She was covered with stickers, twigs, debris...but never looked better to me. I pray your sweet dog will be found safe and sound!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Thanks Callie!
Well, dh is coming home. He's left her dog bed there just in case, he doesn't think she'll be back but it's worth a shot. We'll go check it out in the morning and post flyers, talk to the animal shelters. All that. Hope she's okay.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:08 PM   #10
Master Chef

I am so sorry. It was a good idea to leave her bed the last place your DH saw her. I know hunters that will leave an old shirt or something familar for their dogs to come back to. Good luck and I will be thinking of your family and her. Please keep us posted.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote