Our dog is lost...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
dh just called. he took our dog, Seijo, into town with him and she ran off. She took off after some deer, it's been 1 1/2 hours that she's been gone. He isn't sure what to do. She runs free at our house and sometimes strays to far but always comes back. She is a smart dog and I know she'll come back to where they were, I just worry about her getting hit by traffic. It just got dark too, she'll be hard to see if she is on the road. dh has been driving around looking for her to no avail, he's been calling her too and she always comes when called. It's a tough call, does he wait there all night and see if she comes back or does he come home? I wish I could think of someway to help but I'm stuck at home. Please keep your fingers crossed that she comes back to us safely!:(

Attachments

• SEIJO.jpg
    SEIJO.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 198
Oh corazon, I'm sorry. I know how lost you must feel!! Me, I would stay a while and just call her name and see if she comes. Other people will say to wait until morning, but, I would stay myself. Good luck!! Let me know when you find her! Lots of hugs!!

She's beautiful! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that she comes home soon!

I will cross my fingers and toes and also say a prayer that you beautiful Seijo will be found. Please keep us informed.

Cora,
will pray for your beautiful dog..Heres hoping you find Seijo unhurt soon.

kadesma

Thanks wasabi and kadesma. dh is gonna wait a couple hours. He said the only reason he thought she hasn't come back is either because she's lost or hurt. Those german shepards have good noses, I don't think she could be lost. and I think she'd have to be seriously hurt to not come back. She's been gone 2 hours now...but the first time she took off we lived on 10 acres and she was gone all day. So I wouldn't be surprized if she just trotted out of the wilderness, all happy with herself.

corazon, i'm so sorry - i know how you must feel.......it's awful!!! My sweet cocker spaniel got lost (from home) some years ago. I was miserable. Couldn't find her. I had given up - when 3 nights later I heard a scratch at the front door...I opened the door and THERE SHE WAS! She was covered with stickers, twigs, debris...but never looked better to me. I pray your sweet dog will be found safe and sound!

Thanks Callie!
Well, dh is coming home. He's left her dog bed there just in case, he doesn't think she'll be back but it's worth a shot. We'll go check it out in the morning and post flyers, talk to the animal shelters. All that. Hope she's okay.

I am so sorry. It was a good idea to leave her bed the last place your DH saw her. I know hunters that will leave an old shirt or something familar for their dogs to come back to. Good luck and I will be thinking of your family and her. Please keep us posted.

Dear Corazon -
What an awful situation. I hope that you find Seijo soon. Dogs are smart, and they know who their family is. Leaving something familiar from home was a good idea. If she doesn't turn up today, definitely keep up with the shelters. If Seijo doesn't show up, go and check the shelters out in person - bring a picture with you - sometimes a shelter might have your dog and not realize. We're thinking of you here and wishing you luck. Keep us posted.
Andrea

I'm sooooo sorry! All of my available digits are crossed! Please let us know soon as you get her back!

Hugs and prayers

Corazon,

I'm praying that Seijo is returned to you unharmed very soon. If you are like me, she is a regular member of your family. She is a beautiful little girl.

Barbara

awww, corazon, i hope seijo comes home safe. we have a lot of pets, but even our recent loss is constantly noticable. i'll bet she's off having a great time, trying out a little freedom. dogs are pack animals, and you're the leader, but everyone needs a little "me" time, and i'll bet that's what she's up to.

ouch cora i know how worried and upset you must be.
she's a beautiful beautiful dog and i'm really hoping
you guys can find her unharmed. good luck.

Cora, don't give up!! I agree with Bucky, she may have been out there having fun, and lost track of time... keep a close check on shelters, also, if possible, checking with habitants nearby the area where she got lost. If anyone sees such a beautiful dog unaccompanied, they maybe tempted to keep her, too!! I am crossing my fingers and toes for a happy reunion soon to come!!

I am hoping and praying you find her! She sounds like a smart dog. She will want to find her way home. I have high hopes that she will. It just may take a couple of days.

The same thing happened to my in-laws dog a short while ago, but she is not all that smart. She found her way almost back home across very busy streets until someone found her. I hope the same happens for you guys!

Coarzon, I see she has tags in the picture, does she still have them? Are you in a small area that maybe people know who she belongs to?
I was deflated when I saw this thread. I thought for sure when I got on here this morning, that she would be at home like nothing happened. I know how worried you must be. I hope she comes home to you today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom