Our first snow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Angie... today must be a blessed day... as I type this, big giant Texas sized snowflakes are falling!!!! I love it!!! I doubt it will stick, but just to see the snow falling is such a comfort!

Yay!
Happy Thanksgiving, all.:chef:

LOL - our first snow on Thanksgiving Day in 14 years! Of course - it was mixed with rain and sleet and melted as soon as it hit the ground. But, it was fun to watch while it lasted.

Last edited:
LOL - our first snow on Thanksgiving Day in 14 years! Of course - it was mixed with rain and sleet and melted as soon as it hit the ground. But, it was fun to watch while it lasted.

And texasgirl... I agree, I loved watching it.. but we knew it would never last!!! And yes... crazy is the weather in Texas!

Today we got our first snow! It's beautiful! Normally our first snow is a little flurries. Not this year! We have accumulation with huge flakes and 2-4" expected. Perfect for Thanksgiving.

When I was young, we always had a couple of feet of snow by Thaksgiving. You know the song "Over the River and Through The Woods"? It was actually written for Thanksgiving time. That used to describe the area that I live in. We have had very little snow this time of year for the past 15 years now. It's lightly snowing right now. There are some young to middle teans accross the road that are slipping there feet purposely in some kind of dance-like movements, having a great time. I miss the spontanaeity of teens in my home. I had fun with my family yesterday, those that are still living close enough to come over, and had great conversations with those who live too far away. One day, we will all be close together again. Pretty much, we will all of us, my wife, me, and my kids, all live in the northwetern U.S., somewhere around Seattle. Then, we will be able to see each other as often as we want. That will be a good time.

In the meantime, I will continue to be thankful of the natural beauty of Upper Peninsula Michigan, and the great neighborhood I live in, out of town, in a small subdivision with woods all around me, and the Great Lakes almost on my doorstep.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the Noth

Back
Top Bottom