Our first snow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
Today we got our first snow! It's beautiful! Normally our first snow is a little flurries. Not this year! We have accumulation with huge flakes and 2-4" expected. Perfect for Thanksgiving.

:)We are supposed to get snow tommorow night 4-8 inches above 7500 ft and 3-5 inches below we live right at 7500 ft.Cant wait its been soo dry.

I love the first snowfall when it's like that! We're expecting our first snow fall tonight. Anywhere fro 5 - 20 cm. With ice pellets and freezing rain thrown in. :ermm: Can't wait for the drive to work tomorrow.

We had our first snow of the season Tuesday morning. Less than an inch and it's gone today.

It's snowed twice here,about 8 in. 1st time and about 3 in. the 2nd, already melted and it got to 62 degrees today, but a storm is headed our way early tomarrow with freezing rain then snow, glad I don't have to go anywhere, but DH will miss dinner because he plows snow for the state.

Oh, I forgot to add...in addition to being our first snow, we also have a snow advisory out until midnight. Everything is white! The grass is covered.

Wow, I would love to see some snow. We got a cold front today finally. I didn't think it would feel like Thanksgiving. It was 74 this morning, when I went to town, 15 minutes away. By the time I got to the store, it dropped 12 degrees. It is now 43, windchill is 36. yes I know, nothing what you guys are getting up north, but, we're weenies down here when it get's cold. LOL

Usually in Texas, we see our first icing... not snow. But like Texasgirl stated, it's nice to finally feel the cool air that you normally associate with the fall season and the holidays. Angie... I was hoping to see pics of your snow!!! Since we don't get much of our own, we have to admire yours!!!

Sattie is right - we don't get a snow first where I live in TX - we get rain, that turns to freezing rain, which turns to sleet, then if we're lucky it turns to snow eventually. And, we're luck if it's cold enough on Thanksgiving Day for a fire in the fireplace. Our coldest days may not come until February or March!

When I lived in Golden, CO - Thanksgiving Day was always the coldest day of the year - and we always had plenty of snow. I had Lookout Mountain out me east kitchen windows, Zion Mountain out my west kitchen windows, and the South Table Mesa (I lived on the base of it) out my living room and bedroom windows. When I find my photo albums I'll try to post some pics ... I know there is one of my El Cheapo Brinkman smoker that I tried to smoke a turkey in one Thanksgiving ... surrounded by 18-inches of snow .... and no, I would not suggest trying to smoking a turkey in an ECB at 12ºF with 18-inches of snow on the ground ...

Usually in Texas, we see our first icing... not snow. But like Texasgirl stated, it's nice to finally feel the cool air that you normally associate with the fall season and the holidays. Angie... I was hoping to see pics of your snow!!! Since we don't get much of our own, we have to admire yours!!!

I just took some! I'll post them shortly.;)

Here's the snow! (and the dogs, of course)

img_511340_0_eeded1da6223db35a7f095d88bc08f06.jpg

img_511340_1_1718291b0922001e63f041d54d79da28.jpg

img_511340_2_51b6e7e9f3928968c49f14c5caea7537.jpg

you should move to Texas then:LOL: you'll change your mind with one icing.:ROFLMAO:

Actually I am not crazy about icing either;)

Maybe South FL is the place for me! (I know hurricanes):cool:

I think it's the snow removal, boots, bulky clothes, increased heating, hazardous driving that I really hate. The snow itself is pretty when fresh on the ground. :(

Angie!!! Awesome photos!!! Now I'm gettin into the spirit of things!!! OH, and those puppies of yours are just beautiful!!!! Perfectly suited for the snow!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

:)Ive been caught in icing in Texas it was horrible and really scary took me 3 hours to go about 40 miles before I gave up and got a room the lady wanted cash and she wanted $60.00 because evrybody was trying to get a room in the one motel in the dinky town.It was the dirtiest,gross room I slept in my clothes on top of the bed and didnt dare use the shower.The bright side was it was warm the phone worked and the tv worked and I had a big bottle of wine and me and my dog were safe.Didnt help when I saw a horrible wreck on the way.What is more scary than the ice is the semi trucks barreling towards us.Never,ever,ever again will I do that

:)Ive been caught in icing in Texas it was horrible and really scary took me 3 hours to go about 40 miles before I gave up and got a room the lady wanted cash and she wanted $60.00 because evrybody was trying to get a room in the one motel in the dinky town.It was the dirtiest,gross room I slept in my clothes on top of the bed and didnt dare use the shower.The bright side was it was warm the phone worked and the tv worked and I had a big bottle of wine and me and my dog were safe.Didnt help when I saw a horrible wreck on the way.What is more scary than the ice is the semi trucks barreling towards us.Never,ever,ever again will I do that

Yea, that Texas ice is a real mess!!! I don't even bother trying to drive in it anymore... just much to risky.

Hey, just a tip to offer you... a friend of mine use to do some sort of work in hotels and places of the like. He said to NEVER sleep on top of the covers. Always pull off the comforter and sleep on the sheets. You would not believe the crud they find on those things!!!

Angie, I see some clouds rolling in my neck of the woods.... wonder if we are gonna get our first icing of the year????

Well Angie... today must be a blessed day... as I type this, big giant Texas sized snowflakes are falling!!!! I love it!!! I doubt it will stick, but just to see the snow falling is such a comfort!

Back
Top Bottom