"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 08-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
Executive Chef
Great pictures.I believe the red mushroom is a Fly Agaric very poisonous.They exist at high elevations in the US we have another version in New Mexico at about 1200 feet that is broader and really big just as bad.Good choice to not eat with wild mushrooms that are you are not positive about.

jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #12
Head Chef
Great pics Licia! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure the pictures don't do enough justice to the place. Boy what I'd give to live in Europe!

'Never eat more than you can lift.' - Miss Piggy
Chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:50 AM   #13
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Thanks everyone!! Yeah we refused to let the less-than-ideal weather slow us down and had truly a great time, as always with any wonderful holidays, the only down side being it ended too soon!!

And yes, we made a wise decision not to eat the mushroom... there are so many different mushrooms, indeed also gorgeous, delicious ones growing in abundance in this area as well, but with unexperienced eyes, we just could never take any chances! I would love to have an expert with us and go for some wild mushroom hunting!!
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 AM   #14
Head Chef
Sounds like a beautiful holiday...despite the rain!
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
you are just gonna have to stop post all those gorgous pictures, espedially when DH is looking over my shoulder Heavens to betsy, the guy now wants to tour Italy next year!!!!! Me on an airplane, or a boat???
All kidding aside, the pictures are beautiful and I really would love to just go sit and stare...The French wine area and Italy have always been a dream of mine.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #16
Master Chef
Licia, dann können wir ja jetzt auf deutsch reden?
I'm glad you had wonderful days, despite the weather.. but the Alps are great even in rain ;o)

edit: The mushroom is a "Fliegenpilz" and you better not eat them... they won't kill you but you feel very very miserable afterwards...

next edit the beetle is a sort of "Marienkäfer", we have lots of them, most common are the red "Sevenpoints" with, as the name says, seven dots on its back... when we where younger we thought trhe amount of dots marks the age of the Marienkäfer..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #17
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Originally Posted by cara
Licia, dann können wir ja jetzt auf deutsch reden?
Perhaps you talk in German and I reply in Italian, will we be able to understand each other fairly well??
However at least I learned to give compliments to the locals when I tasted something nice, by saying "ganz gut" and "lecker"!

Ohhhh CJ, you are afraid of flying? What a pity... just think about it though... you can ride a car? Then surely you can manage flying... statistically flying is much safer than driving on a california freeway!! If you do manage to travel over here, our welcome light is always on for you guys

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote

« ?? 8/24 | Cash Cab? »