"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #41
Master Chef

Our Kitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I guess that's why it bothered me so much - we aren't stickers for that here. Threads are conversations that meander all over the place. So here I was, reading along, smiling and nodding, and suddenly BAM! HEY YOU! YOU'RE THE PROBLEM HERE! It sure didn't seem funny.

Well, I'm sorry about that. It wasn't meant to be directed at any one individual. I don't want to be on my tip toes each time I post something which goes against the grain. I do realize the demographics in which this forum is mostly made up of so I usually consider that and try to be careful of what I say... :))

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Old 08-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #42
Master Chef

OMG, RP, I swear that kitchen just gave me a drug rush...and I've never done drugs! I would have found a way to keep living in the Bahamas just to keep cooking in that kitchen. *swoon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Reminds me, I need to watch "The Money Pit", again.
Why watch the movie? You're a homeowner now, so you're living that movie!

Old 08-13-2016, 06:28 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Well, I'm sorry about that. It wasn't meant to be directed at any one individual. I don't want to be on my tip toes each time I post something which goes against the grain. I do realize the demographics in which this forum is mostly made up of so I usually consider that and try to be careful of what I say... :))
I appreciate that and I don't want you to feel that way, either. I guess it was just unexpected since, as I said, it's generally not a problem here. All is good
Old 08-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #44
Master Chef

I've been annoyed by threads going totally off the rail in the past but not in this case.

Like RT said so well,
Quote:
After all, kitchens are the heart of the home and that heart sometimes extends beyond the four kitchen walls.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:00 PM   #45
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
OMG, RP, I swear that kitchen just gave me a drug rush...and I've never done drugs! I would have found a way to keep living in the Bahamas just to keep cooking in that kitchen. *swoon*

Why watch the movie? You're a homeowner now, so you're living that movie!
To remind me: It could be worse...
Old 08-13-2016, 11:09 PM   #46
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I've been annoyed by threads going totally off the rail in the past but not in this case.
The way I figure it, we have serious threads and fun threads. For the most part, I figure if it's in the "Off Topic" sub-forum we've already been granted permission to stray.

Besides, this thread hasn't gone off the rail, it's just sometimes running on the parallel track.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #47
Sous Chef

Have we officially gone off-topic about going off-topic?
Old 08-14-2016, 12:08 AM   #48
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooking goddess View Post
the way i figure it, we have serious threads and fun threads. For the most part, i figure if it's in the "off topic" sub-forum we've already been granted permission to stray.

Besides, this thread hasn't gone off the rail, it's just sometimes running on the parallel track.
bingo!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't think anyone would like to see my kitchen right now. No ceiling and I am becoming worried with mold forming inside the walls. With the heat in the upper 90's all week, with humidity to match, and all I can think of is New Orleans right after Katrina. The wall between me and my next door neighbor is a double fire wall. Two layers in each apartment of 3/4" of each layer of sheet rock. So that means four layers for mold to form in. I can take pictures of the pipes where the ceiling used to be.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #50
Master Chef

Speaking of ceilings the ONLY thing I like about my kitchen is the high ceiling. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1471187002.516759.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  9.2 KB

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Tags
kitchen