Our Kitchens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lived for a couple of years in the town of Mahtomedi on Great Bear Lake (or White Bear Lake, can't remember exactly now) back in the mid 50's. When I Googled it a few years ago and discovered it had been absorbed by the Twin Cities I was shocked/dismayed and don't know why I was surprised as ... such is life. So is that area now considered a suburb?
Yep. Mahtomedi, Birchwood Village, Pine Springs, White Bear Lake, Shoreview - all those towns that border I-694 run together and are considered northeast suburbs.

Steve, if you aren't adverse to going to juried craft fairs, those that have a critical selection process and admit only quality hand-crafts, you might be able to pick up a leaded glass piece there. That is where we found a piece for our center (fixed) window in our first house.

I just had a thought about this - regarding stained glass pieces you find at craft fairs, sometimes the artists have catalogs of different styles they might not be showing that day, and some will take custom orders.

I just had a thought about this - regarding stained glass pieces you find at craft fairs, sometimes the artists have catalogs of different styles they might not be showing that day, and some will take custom orders.

Good idea. I'll have to look into this. I haven't been to a craft fair in years. I had looked at some ready-made pieces, but I have one window in particular where I think a custom piece would really look nice and hit the morning sun just right.

Steve, you may find just what you want here......
http://www.wayfair.com/Stained-Glass-Panels-C531062.html?itemsperpage=96

We were lucky enough to find what we wanted..
img_1478446_0_1be3d454fd903ef539cb758eefa9fb09.jpg

Last edited:
Love the stained glass, Kay and Steve! You must get that, Steve, it is just perfect for you!

There's an artist in Cozumel who makes beautiful SG underwater scenes and mermaids. I continue to be very tempted...

Last edited:
Yep. Mahtomedi, Birchwood Village, Pine Springs, White Bear Lake, Shoreview - all those towns that border I-694 run together and are considered northeast suburbs.

When I lived in White Bear Lake, it wasn't a suburb yet, just a small town north of St. Paul. We moved to Montana on Jan 1, 1964.

Wow, Rock! Way bigger than I had imagined. What a beautiful kitchen, and clean as a whistle. :chef: I'd definitely eat at your deli if I were a few thousand miles closer. :)

Last edited:
When I lived in White Bear Lake, it wasn't a suburb yet, just a small town north of St. Paul. We moved to Montana on Jan 1, 1964.

My brother took me to a movie in White Bear Lake, it was the closest theatre around. I was maybe 12? The Body Snatchers... or the Invasion of... I didn't sleep for weeks. Our mother was furious with him. Had to have been '56? To this day I still won't watch scary movies! LOL.

Those stained glass pieces are beautiful. It is something I've never had but always wanted. I once saw a cover for a flourescent ceiling light with a stained glass motif. I was soooo tempted.

Wow, Rock! Way bigger than I had imagined. What a beautiful kitchen, and clean as a whistle. :chef: I'd definitely eat at your deli if I were a few thousand miles closer. :)
Thanks. It is an open concept design. We have to stay a little later every day to make sure that every last little streak, spill and splatter is cleaned up. I have another kitchen in the basement but it isn't much to look at. We do our catering down there...

Egads Rock!
I'd spend more time there too if I had a kitchen like that to cook in!

I'll stop by on my way to my sisters next time I go. One lunch to go please.
Hopefully you are not far off the 417?

Last edited:
Arghh, I take the 60 after Arnprior! But maybe I will just take a little detour! LOL... Just that it is a 6 hour trip and I am finding these drives are starting to tell on me. Is there a shortcut over to Eganville without backtracking or going all the way to Pembroke?

Arghh, I take the 60 after Arnprior! But maybe I will just take a little detour! LOL... Just that it is a 6 hour trip and I am finding these drives are starting to tell on me. Is there a shortcut over to Eganville without backtracking or going all the way to Pembroke?
We are 24 k after Renfrew, about 15 minutes from Eganville. I live in Renfrew. 15 minutes from door to door..

Back
Top Bottom