Our little grand daughter needs your thoughts and prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little grand daughter has now been moved from the high dependency unit to a normal ward. They are keepinh her in hospital for another day and night but our daughter says she is improving.
Daughter hasn't had any real sleep for 2 days. A friend will take her in some fresh clothes and washing stuff so that she can at least freshen up.
Please keep her in your thoughts as her life has been filled with so much stress lately and it's frustrating, not to say anguishing to be so powerless to help.
Every time I woke up last night I started that hymn in my head " Lay your hands gently upon them" It's a beautiful hymn/prayer.

Thank you again good friends for all your encouraging thoughts and words. Bless you all.

Does she need her tonsils out ?
Hope she gets better soon.

At this stage I don't know Middie. She may need them removing at a later date when the throat has healed a little.
Of our 2 children 1 had them out and the other not.
These days they seem to prefer not to remove them unless the need is serious.
Hopefully we will get another call tonight with an update on her progress.
We hope to go down the week after next ( it's a 4 hour drive away) when I may be able to help by cleaning ,gardening and cooking so that our daughter may be able to get some vitally needed rest.

I'm glad that she seems to be on the mend. Hope your daughter gets the rest that she really needs. Prayers and hugs to you all!!

glad things seem to be improving for the little one.
loved your song choice CSalt.........
I'd be waking up to......."There's just something about that name".....................

Have just had this evening's bulletin. Not the tonsilis at all but Tracheitis which apparently is a bacterial infection of the Trachea which young children can be affected by and which always requires hospital treatment. Thankfully, they know what they are dealing with and dealt with it promptly.
Little one is reluctant to drink as her throat is so tender but she knows that she needs to drink ( and often) if she is to go home tomorrow which is what she would like. I hadn't realised that whilst she was in HDU our daughter could not have a bed near her..just a chair in case immediate action requiring space was needed. Tonight she will have a bed next to our dear one and hopefully may get the odd hour sleep.
A friend of hers took her in something to eat as the hospital don't feed the relatives and her daughter didn't want to let her out of her sight!

Once again I thank all of you for listening and caring and praying. This is for each one of you
img_544284_0_dc9a999d836034ca370b21e2d5dd856d.jpg

csalt, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time, but am so relieved to find your update! I hope your granddaughter's feeling better soon!

I am glad to hear baby girl is doing better, I'm sure Mom would love the rest but is just fine on pure adrenalyne (sp?) as long as she needs to be..... but hopefully will take care of herself also. With so much strength and prayer behind them only the best can happen.

Csalt, I only just got around to seeing this thread. I hope your granddaughter is okay now. It must have been very stressful for you esp with John's situation over the past few weeks. One thing on top of another. Hope you are coping okay. Take care.

csalt,

I can only imagine the anxiety you all have been through. Glad to know that the little one is some better. Keep us posted.

Update on beloved Grabd Daughter

Our dear little one is so much better . She has gone to school todayfor the first time since she became ill, just for half a day initially.
Thank-you all for your friendship and thoughts.
They both have really been through the mill, especially our daughter. She's such a gutsy little Mother. I think the world of her.

Our neighbour John is also doing much better now. Still paralysed down one side but learning to use the other hand. he can speak, feed himself and shave. They would like him to be able to stand properly before he comes home. In the meantime all the things needed like hospital bed, hoist, etc etc have been delivered to their home. Carers will be coming in 3 times a day.
Valentines Day is the anniversary of the day they first met and this year will be their Golden Wedding Anniversary. Sheila has been wonderful and God has been very good in giving her all the strength she has needed as her own health isn't 100%.
Thank-you all again.:)

Csalt, I'm so sorry. This happened while I was gone. It must have been terrifying for you and your daughter! I'm so glad to hear she has recovered enough to go back to school. My heart goes out to your daughter, too. There's nothing worse than having a sick child - it's the scariest thing on earth. Thank heavens she has you and your husband loving them from across the ocean.

I'm also glad to hear that John is making steady improvement and will be home soon. So many folks really start to improve quickly once they get back home and I hope John is one of them. Keep us up on his progress.

Thanks so much for the updates. It's good to hear that things are on the mend for your granddaughter. I'm sure they both are thankful for their own beds!!!!

Also, your neighbors, sending prayers and positive thoughts for them both!

Back
Top Bottom