Our Party!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you who posted ideas for our party!!

We had a great time!
It was an almost perfect night for everyone.

For food we had......

spinach and artichoke dip
onion tarts
sweet onion dip
store bought meatballs with my homemade bbq sauce ( 72 meat balls and they were gone in less then ten minutes)
relish tray
fruit tray
sundried tomato spread
brownies
sugared nuts
Mini lemon cakes
white cupcakes
chips, crackers, pita bread, French bread ( for dipping)
a Subway sandwich
salmon dip
Tzaski
clam dip
deviled eggs
and stuffed mushrooms.

I made most of the above but a few other people did bring a few goodies.

Luckily our best friends from Oregon and Paul's beautiful cousin came early and helped out. I don't think I would have gotten it done with out them.
Dawn even hung pictures and rearranged our furniture. Our house never looked so good!!!!

Everyone had a great time and the night was filled with laughter and smiles and hugs.

The only bad thing (and we are still a little upset about this) was that one of our guests out of the kindness of his heart decided to set our clocks a head for us. Just incase we got toooo drunk and forgot to do it. A lot of our friends have kids that they left with babysitters... they had to be home at a certain time... THEY LEFT AN HOUR EARLY!!!! sigh!

I'm already planning the next get together!!! If you're in the Seattle area three years from now YOU are invited!!

Thanks again, Trish:):):)

So glad you enjoyed the special evening! Sounds absolutely perfect, even with the clock issue. It just shows you have nice caring friends!

Oh my gosh, I've been waiting for this thread all day! Wow, it sounds like you had fun! The food sounds fantastic! I'm sure the drinks were good. Did you take any pictures - I would love to see them if you did. So glad you guys had fun - you may be inspiring me to have a party this summer - notice how I said "may".......

Well Michele... around 9:00am Sunday morning Paulie and I realized that the camera was still sitting on the desk...UNTOUCHED! Dang, no photos!!

Have your party!!! Just be sure to ask for help when you need it and if anyone offers to bring anything say YES!!

smiles, T

Sounds like a lot of fun, pds! I'm sorry they left early, but, at least your friend thought they were doing a good thing for you. Oh well, you have next time. Congratulations on your success!!

So glad it all went well.........minus the clocks being changed. The food spread sounded wonderful......you made my tummy growl. Please do post some pics if you have any.

:) pdswife,I love those kind of spreads lots of appetizers, finger foods and so on, you get to try all kinds of things its casual so people eat when and what they want and in a ways it's alot less work than a sit down dinner and you get to nibble the leftovers for a couple of days.

Your party is inspiring me to get my act together and start planning Dennis' college graduation party!!!We're having around 65 people an I know that I am going to have to cater some of it but, I still HAVE to make a few things- I am so glad your party was a success-I hope you still have warm fuzzy feelings from it - other than the tequilla!!!:) Love and energy, Vicki

Did you say homemade BBQ sauce?
Care to share?
228raise_eyebrow.gif

Pds,
I'm so happy everything went so well. Your menu lookd great..I just might snitch a few ideas from you very soon:LOL:

kadesma:)

My ex and I used to have a big party every year in April. One time we did it on the week-end when the time changed, and everyone left early.
My husband and I always intend to take pictures at our parties, but too often, we also forget.
Glad you had fun!

pdswife said:
Sure Z.
I'll post it later on today!:):)

Thanks :) . Maybe you could post in the BBQ section and just a quick note here with a link to it. That would be great.

Back
Top Bottom