Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pics of all your baby's. Sure brings back memories of our two cats, Minka and Mitzy, and our two dogs Rocky and Penny. If we were to get another pet, it would probably be one of the new Hover Cats. Supposed to be way easier to take care of. And I have heard they dust up their own fur from the floor.

img_1322325_0_f7ff334cc5589596764190d97d53de52.jpg

Nice pics of all your baby's. Sure brings back memories of our two cats, Minka and Mitzy, and our two dogs Rocky and Penny. If we were to get another pet, it would probably be one of the new Hover Cats. Supposed to be way easier to take care of. And I have heard they dust up their own fur from the floor.

img_1322335_0_f7ff334cc5589596764190d97d53de52.jpg

aw, rocketj, you had a cat named minka? every one of my cats was called minka. (i only ever had one kitty at a time, so there was no confusion):)

We had a window seat for Tasha. Every morning she would get up with my granddaughter and while she was dressing Tasha would jump on her seat and go back to sleep in the sun. Specially in the winter on cold mornings. She loved that seat. It has been almost 20 years since she died and I still miss her.

aw, rocketj, you had a cat named minka? every one of my cats was called minka. (i only ever had one kitty at a time, so there was no confusion):)
Ya, our Minka was a gem. I get up for work at 5am and she was there every morning licking my forehead. We never trained her, and she always beat the alarm clock by about 30 seconds. Although, it was a bit of a pain on weekends....:shock:

Mamma and I have to take Kali (my black cat) to the vet. I saw her leave some bloody diarrhea in her litterbox. But she is well otherwise! Her ears are cool, her eyes are clear, her butt has no irritations on it, her nose isn't runny and the only time she sneezes is when she gets water into her nose while drinking from the bathtub faucet.

So, we're going to take her in, along with the poop sample for testing.

I like the hover cat! Does it vacuum better than my Roomba?

With love,
~Cat

Mamma and I have to take Kali (my black cat) to the vet. I saw her leave some bloody diarrhea in her litterbox. But she is well otherwise! Her ears are cool, her eyes are clear, her butt has no irritations on it, her nose isn't runny and the only time she sneezes is when she gets water into her nose while drinking from the bathtub faucet. So, we're going to take her in, along with the poop sample for testing. I like the hover cat! Does it vacuum better than my Roomba? With love, ~Cat

I hope your kitty is alright!

A picture this morning of Petra, my GSD. She was laying down in the snow when I snapped this... of her own accord. Loves cold weather.

Attachments

• Petra 1-3-14.jpg
    Petra 1-3-14.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 163
She loves plopping down in the snow and digging her face in. She's done it since she was a pup.

Our sweet 18-year-old Elwing died yesterday. I was feeling pretty sick (side effects from a new med), so DH was home when it happened. I'm so thankful for that. He took this photo of us last fall.

ForumRunner_20140114_122743.jpg

Spike's son had owned a Pit Bull for 18 years. She was the biggest wimp of a dog you could ever come across. She went with Little Spike no matter where he was working. Sure made for a lousy guard dog. All she wanted was to be with Little Spike.

Last week Little Spike noticed that she had some very large lumps in her tail and couldn't wag it. So he took her to the Vet's. To remove them individually, would have caused too much pain and discomfort. So the vet amputated her tail. A couple of days later Little Spike heard her wheezing. Back to the Vet's. She was filled with cancer. So he called his father and asked him to go with him to the Vet's on Saturday to put her to sleep. Spike brought Teddy with him and went in the room with Little Spike and his dog. Spike was holding Teddy in his arms when after the Vet inserted the needle, Teddy wriggled out of his arms and onto the table and laid down beside Little Spike's dog. He started to lick her face. Little Spike's dog left with a lot of love surrounding her. Spike said that there were three people who left that room crying. The vet said that is the first time she has ever seen that happen. She gave Teddy a hug and a treat for being there for Little Spike's dog when she needed him most. Sheila has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Little Spike grew up with a three legged Pit Bull. Another wimp. They couldn't take her to Little Spike's baseball games. She always wanted to run the bases with the kids on her three legs. She would just tug and tug at her leash to be let go. She was the first dog that Spike and Little Spike had to put down. She too lived to be a ripe old age. :angel:

Doesn't seem to have been the best weekend for some furry members of our families.

:angel: (one for Elwing) RIP Elwing! :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom