Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TBear is precious, CW! And that earlier photo of the two of you floating captures the peace of the Lake. No wonder you like it there so much.
Yup. I was conceived there. The Lake is in my blood. My brother's ashes are there. It is where I am at peace. LOW is 1 million acres. It is right behind the Great Lakes in size. It can be calm, it can be stormy, it can be scary. It is for me home. I sleep so well there--I have the windows open and love to hear the waves lapping against the rocks. I can sit and look at The Lake for hours. I love to grab my coffee right when the sun is peeking over the horizon and watch it come up. Same when the sun is setting. Love LOW. TBear loves going to the cabin. Everyone should have a place that soothes their soul.

Last edited:
Sweet Pea LOVES the new faucet. She sits waiting for the water to be turned on!

pea_seal_approval.jpg

pea_drinking_IMG_6226.jpg

Is Sweet Pea as sweet as she looks?
She's my buddy. Wherever I go, within minutes she is by my side. She's my teddy bear at night. She sleeps right next to me on one side and my Georgie sleeps on the other side.

Georgie

georgie.jpg

Lovin' the pics of Sweet Pea, MsM. She sure looks like a lovey love, what with Georgie and all....:wub: :)

Last edited:
My Puppy Is Just Like Me

He's made me so proud. Learning his manners on command.
Butter's has picked up one of my quirks.

I can't stand egg whites. Period. Just give me the yolks. Their ok in a sammich. Don't put them on anything else. Hubby teases me about my leaving a plate of just boiled egg whites on the counter. I was saving them for the dogs. Sue me!:LOL:

Anyways I bought Butters a new brand of dog kibble.
It has these small beads of kibble. He's been picking them out of his bowl and spitting them aside. (something I wish I could get away with doing with egg whites) He's now so mad at them he puts them in his water dish.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

"The dog has grown up just like me yeah, the dog is just like me":D:LOL:

Munky.

Smallest Victims Of The Fire: Need Help.

The night before last my son heard a cat mewing by his window.
It stopped, but his dog made him take her out to the back yard. NOW!
So he did. His dog found a small kitten. I mean small. sitting on the bottom post of the fence cowering in a small ball hiding in the bush for protection.
It tried to run, jump, climb the fence but was too small to do it.
His dog stayed with it until he came in and got me. His dog wouldn't hurt anything. She's very motherly.

We wrapped a towel around her and brought he into my bathroom

Gave her food and water. She was starving.
I was able to pick her up after a little while and check her out.

She was not only just scared, hungry and tired. She has fleas.:ohmy:
We put her in a traveling small crate with food water and a litter box.

Here's the problem. were now encountering.
We know nothin' about how to take care of a cat.Especially one that's been dumped just weaned from it's mother.
My son went to the store to buy kitten food, kibble and canned. Flea spray,powder for the carpets. That's all the store had on hand.Tried to call the vets office the were closed. Animal control is filled to the max.. No takers. Feed stores are closed.

Does anyone here know how to give a kitten a bath?
The poor thing is just covered with fleas they are crawling around her eyes.
She's not happy. That's really sad. I want to help her but don't know how.
All I have is the spray. She's fully loaded with unhatched eggs and dirty.

What do I do here?
Munky is sending out an S.O.S.

If the breed matters, she's apparently Siames (sp) mix. Big blue eyes.
Dark grey feet, tail and ears, grayish long hair. She's a beauty. Great temperament.

Kitten sound like it is too young for that flea spray but it should say on the bottle.

You can give it a bath. Big bowl of warm tepid water (don't freeze or scald!).
If you didn't specifically get flea soap (it is available, somewhere), just use a mild shampoo. At least it will get rid of the loose eggs, fleas and poop.

Have the water at about belly height or just above. He may or may not like it, yu will have to hang onto him with one hand while you wet and lather with the other, rinse off using your hand - not a shower attachment. Change the water and rinse again until he is squeeky clean.

Dry really well with a towel.

Put that flea powder in the bedding as there are probably already eggs in there! and a sprinkle in the litter box won't hurt either.
Repeat in two or three days or at least until you can get advice from a vet.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I have no cats. My daughter does. Her two were feral babies when she rescued them.

I believe that the first thing I would do, is take the kitten to a vet. They will have all the answers you seek, especially with one as young as this seems.

Ross

Last edited:
The night before last my son heard a cat mewing by his window.
It stopped, but his dog made him take her out to the back yard. NOW!
So he did. His dog found a small kitten. I mean small. sitting on the bottom post of the fence cowering in a small ball hiding in the bush for protection.
It tried to run, jump, climb the fence but was too small to do it.
His dog stayed with it until he came in and got me. His dog wouldn't hurt anything. She's very motherly.

We wrapped a towel around her and brought he into my bathroom

Gave her food and water. She was starving.
I was able to pick her up after a little while and check her out.

She was not only just scared, hungry and tired. She has fleas.:ohmy:
We put her in a traveling small crate with food water and a litter box.

Here's the problem. were now encountering.
We know nothin' about how to take care of a cat.Especially one that's been dumped just weaned from it's mother.
My son went to the store to buy kitten food, kibble and canned. Flea spray,powder for the carpets. That's all the store had on hand.Tried to call the vets office the were closed. Animal control is filled to the max.. No takers. Feed stores are closed.

Does anyone here know how to give a kitten a bath?
The poor thing is just covered with fleas they are crawling around her eyes.
She's not happy. That's really sad. I want to help her but don't know how.
All I have is the spray. She's fully loaded with unhatched eggs and dirty.

What do I do here?
Munky is sending out an S.O.S.

If the breed matters, she's apparently Siames (sp) mix. Big blue eyes.
Dark grey feet, tail and ears, grayish long hair. She's a beauty. Great temperament.
When our Sweet Pea was a baby we gave her a bath in a pint container with warm water a BLUE Dawn dish soap. It kills fleas very fast. Dawn is gently just rinse well. Then have a towel to keep her warm and brush off dead fleas. Don't let her get a chill. They can't regulate their body heat that young. We gave Pea a bath once a day sometimes twice.

Here are some pics of Pea:

Then (with mama)

angel_baby_sweet_pea.jpg

Now

IMG_6858.jpg

yeah, I forgot to mention although I'm sure you know - careful of the eyes. And yeah, even with Blue Dawn, it clearly states on the bottle it can be harmful.

Back
Top Bottom