"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-26-2015, 02:47 AM   #1061
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Tough times with the Furkids, PF and jabbur. Hang in there and know you guys have a whole slew of people here thinking about your pets.

PF, do you think Shrek might like a few of those kibbles?
He prefers chocolate pudding with whipped cream...

I got the Purina Gentle, it's a new formula, got just a little bag to see if they liked it...I better get a bigger bag. Especially if Shrek is going to be eating it.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #1062
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Thinking of all of you and the beloved furbabies....gosh, what we wouldn't do for them, if it's at all possible. My little friend will be 15 this summer, and so far so good, but he's getting to be a little more demanding and spoiled. Hims loves to cuddle in my bed.
He's handsome and looks like a sweety.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #1063
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Jabbur, what helped one of our old cockers was when the vet put him on Rimadyl when the old bones started to give out.
He's on Rimadyl and Gabapentin twice a day along with glucosamine. With his diabetes he's more prone to neuropathy and that's what the vet thinks is happening. His poor left hind leg usually drags behind and now his right hind leg he tends to walk on top of his toes. That's how the left leg started. He's lost bowel control but so far still urinates outside. Just about everytime he gets up he leaves a "gift." He still seems happy so we keep putting it off.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:02 AM   #1064
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Thinking of all of you and the beloved furbabies....gosh, what we wouldn't do for them, if it's at all possible. My little friend will be 15 this summer, and so far so good, but he's getting to be a little more demanding and spoiled. Hims loves to cuddle in my bed.
He is quite the handsome fella. Mom and Dad had a cat like him , he was much beloved.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:32 PM   #1065
Master Chef

Thank you Taxy and Princess. He's a love and my little cuddlebug.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #1066
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

So sweet! I've always loved black cats. I had two when I was in undergrad school, they answered to their names. They could also open cabinet doors.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #1067
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
So sweet! I've always loved black cats. I had two when I was in undergrad school, they answered to their names. They could also open cabinet doors.
Cats are so smart - they quickly learn things that benefit them. My Mr. Blackee gives me a 'high five' whenever I walk past him, he learned he would get extra loves and a bunch of 'good kitty!' when he does that. It's so funny. He waves his paw in the air and does that combination purr-meow thing.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #1068
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Cats are so smart - they quickly learn things that benefit them. My Mr. Blackee gives me a 'high five' whenever I walk past him, he learned he would get extra loves and a bunch of 'good kitty!' when he does that. It's so funny. He waves his paw in the air and does that combination purr-meow thing.

My dad despised cats. Absolutely hated them. Of course, my cats at the time knew that, and I have a picture somewhere that has them peeking out of his jacket sleeves.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:17 AM   #1069
Master Chef

Quote:
Such a pretty kitty, Cheryl! ~ Not all cats are smart. Midnight was. She answered when you called her, sat up if you told her to "beg" for a treat, would rub herself against your ankle if you asked "do you love me"? LittleBit, on the other hand, was sweet but dumb. Made us wonder sometimes how her kind ever survived for all these centuries.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #1070
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Such a pretty kitty, Cheryl! ~ Not all cats are smart. Midnight was. She answered when you called her, sat up if you told her to "beg" for a treat, would rub herself against your ankle if you asked "do you love me"? LittleBit, on the other hand, was sweet but dumb. Made us wonder sometimes how her kind ever survived for all these centuries.
LOL! Latte gives you that look that means she would hold up her middle finger, if she had one, while doing what you ask or tell her to do. Smudge just complains the whole time, talks back.

Tags
egg