"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #1091
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Sweet pup. I had a Rusty, the most beautiful cocker. Beautiful but dumb as a post.

Terriers are much smarter. Enjoy your new puppy, Carol!

Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #1092
Chef Extraordinaire

And this is the "No! Never again. We are never going to get another dog!" But I can see how he won Himself over. He is adorable.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #1093
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
On a happier note, we picked up our new doggie from the Humane Society today!...
Rusty is a cute puppy, Carol. Have fun with your new furry family member.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:58 AM   #1094
Sous Chef

I may be a crazy cat lady but I do love dogs! Thank you, Carol, for getting your doggie from the shelter. Rusty is just what you needed.

There is a saying in our home:

I wanted a Beagle, but I needed my Lilly.

I'm happy for you, Carol!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:25 AM   #1095
Chef Extraordinaire

Three legged dog!

Teddy came in tonight hobbling on three legs. He has always been chewing on his hind leg. We never thought anything of it. He never limped and when you examined it, it looked fine. So whatever was bothering him finally came out today. And it started to bleed. It happened when Spike had him out for one of his daily walks. He let out a loud yelp and Spike stopped and picked him up to look at his foot. It was pumping out blood in large drops. When Spike put him back down, he walked on just three legs.

When he got him home, he washed his foot and bandaged it. The bandage came off quick. He wasn't having any of that. So he just laid there on his bed licking away. Then it was time for him to come here. He walked all the way here on his three good legs. My bed/couch is rather high. Normally he would just jump up for his scratchies. But he couldn't do it with just three legs. So I had to pick him up. When I stopped he nestled right next to me with his head on my lap. Then he decided he wanted down so Uncle Pirate could give him more scratchies. I had to put him down real easy and he hobbled over to Uncle Pirate. Then he went over to his bed that I have here for him. Time for more paw licking. Whatever was in his foot gave him a nice hole in his paw.

We figure it must have worked it way partway out and when Teddy stepped down with that paw, it tore his paw. Spike looked at it real good and couldn't see anything there except a nice neat hole. Poor baby! I hope he will be better in a couple of days. I will have to give him extra scratchies tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:32 AM   #1096
Chef Extraordinaire

Carol, Rusty is just the right size to be a lap puppy. And I bet he will win Himself over as well as you. Give him time and when he is ready, he will let you know. Did you get him any special doggie treats? He looks like he would really love some.

Hugs and love for Rusty from me and Teddy. We both are so glad you got a rescue doggie and giving him a new 'forever home.' There is a special place in heaven for people who care about animals.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #1097
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Enjoy the new dog Carol.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #1098
Executive Chef

Rusty is 3 years old, and we might have to change his name again to Speedy. I had him in the yard on the leash. I dropped the leash and he took off. Heart disease and all, I didn't think I could still run! I was running up the street screaming and he was running as fast as his little legs would take him! I lost sight of him and was almost crying. A neighbor I don't even know came out and drove me around in her car looking for him. Then when DH couldn't find us, he figured out what happened and he was driving around too. I guess we both spotted him at the same time. The leash had gotten caught on someone's back steps. By the time I got around to the steps, DH already had him. Thank God! He sure got a good run in, and now he is sound asleep! They told me to make sure he gets a lot of exercise! LOL
Old 05-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #1099
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sir Speedy, I think you will need a fence so he can run without getting away. Silly dog!
Old 05-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #1100
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Terriers are wiley. Be glad you didn't get a Jack Russel. We used to dog-sit for one, he was a real con artist.

Tags
egg