Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a beloved cat, Timi. She came to us in a litter of feral kittens--you wouldn't believe how feral mama cat was--but with gentle words and lots of food, the kittens came to tolerate us. Timi is the one who stayed, and we are so glad she has!
settee cat.jpg

Thought I could write this without breaking, apparently not.
Lost my Chatton, has been missing since Wednesday. Nobody is sure just when he was seen last.
So it is Sunday, I'm pretty sure he could not have survived 3 nights. I pray it was quick. The most horrible feeling is not knowing.

Won't go into any rants about how I feel - but it's not good. He is/was 14 years old, not a large cat, loved the outdoors, feisty but trusting, recently lost 4 lbs and is/was now on thyroid meds. Thanks all for listening.

20201230_134442.jpg

I'm so sorry to read that, DL. What a precious, pretty baby! He looks like he would be a great cuddle-buddy. :heart: I'm also sorry that you do not know....not knowing is a terrible feeling.

Thought I could write this without breaking, apparently not.
Lost my Chatton, has been missing since Wednesday. Nobody is sure just when he was seen last.
So it is Sunday, I'm pretty sure he could not have survived 3 nights. I pray it was quick. The most horrible feeling is not knowing.

Won't go into any rants about how I feel - but it's not good. He is/was 14 years old, not a large cat, loved the outdoors, feisty but trusting, recently lost 4 lbs and is/was now on thyroid meds. Thanks all for listening.

View attachment 67145
Sometimes when they get old and sick they hide somewhere nearby like under the house or under a bush because a lot of animals will go off and isolate because they don't know that maybe they can be helped at the vet. I know you probably don't need any cat advice but one thing I certainly learned over the years is wait until any traffic has died down and it's quiet at night and then go out and kitty kitty around and then listen real close. 💔

but one thing I certainly learned over the years is wait until any traffic has died down and it's quiet at night and then go out and kitty kitty around and then listen real close. 💔
That is excellent advice. It's pretty much when it is possible to hear an answer.

(((Hugs))) dragn. What a beautiful cat. He looks like a real sweetheart.

Don't give up yet. Ask the neighbours. Put up some signs. Someone may have taken him in because of the weather. He could be hiding in someone's shed or garage. Is there a local FB group where you could ask if anyone has seen him?

A friend of mine once had her cat go missing for two weeks. When he came home, he was filthy/covered in dust. He had lost weight and was dehydrated. She figures he accidentally got locked in someone's garage before they left for a couple of weeks.

but one thing I certainly learned over the years is wait until any traffic has died down and it's quiet at night and then go out and kitty kitty around and then listen real close. 💔
That is excellent advice. It's pretty much when it is possible to hear an answer.

(((Hugs))) dragn. What a beautiful cat. He looks like a real sweetheart.

Don't give up yet. Ask the neighbours. Put up some signs. Someone may have taken him in because of the weather. He could be hiding in someone's shed or garage. Is there a local FB group where you could ask if anyone has seen him?

A friend of mine once had her cat go missing for two weeks. When he came home, he was filthy/covered in dust. He had lost weight and was dehydrated. She figures he accidentally got locked into someone's garage before they left for a couple of weeks.

Sending positive vibes.

One time one of my sister's cats
got fleas so bad that she didn't treat and went missing.. it was so miserable from fleas that it went under the house to die. I came over and helped listen and look for it and saw it with a flashlight under the house. I made her get her a** down under the house and go pull it out of there and take it to the vet.

My cat only went missing once.. she was just like a dog and that she would come in when you called her and I always brought her in for dinner at night and then locked her in. I looked and looked. I couldn't sleep of course and got up about 2:30 in the morning and went out and looked some more and heard a feint meow.

She was next door hiding under the barbecue pit and couldn't get home because she had gotten her shoulder and leg caught up in her collar that was supposed to be a breakaway collar. She was so sweet when I went and got her, handling her very gently because I didn't know if something was broken. Got her inside and put her on the coffee table and untangled her and she was okay.

Back
Top Bottom