"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #1291
Executive Chef

Rusty can't stand to be away from Mommy. He comes into the bathroom with me. Yesterday I started down the hall, he jumped up, came tearing down the hall, turned into the bathroom, slipped on the throw rug an flipped himself over onto his side. I thought he broke a hip!! He was fine. I wish I had that on video!!

Old 11-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #1292
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Rusty can't stand to be away from Mommy. He comes into the bathroom with me. Yesterday I started down the hall, he jumped up, came tearing down the hall, turned into the bathroom, slipped on the throw rug an flipped himself over onto his side. I thought he broke a hip!! He was fine. I wish I had that on video!!
Sounds like he is adjusting to his new Forever Home just fine. Considering the way he was when you first got him and how well he had adjusted, he is dong just fine.

Spike got Teddy just when he was ready to leave his mother. He was the last of the litter. So Spike is the very center of his world. And if I am lucky I am second. I will settle for that.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #1293
Senior Cook

Your 4-legged friends?

Here's Chloe -- our beloved rat terrier that we rescued 2 years ago. She's 3 now. She came to us fully housebroken and is just an awesome and wonderful dog. She's a great watch dog, super intelligent, and is affectionate and loves to be right by us. We got her from a dog rescue over in Akron.

The 2nd pic is of her next to her big brother -- a collie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dog7.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	24235   Click image for larger version

Name:	dog5.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	24236  

Old 01-26-2016, 09:29 PM   #1294
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Chloe's face in that first picture would melt anyone's heart. Her brother is a beauty, too, even though he's shying from the spotlight.

We're "owned" by three fur children. One dog, a boxer-husky mix, we got from our local shelter. Her family had given her up as a puppy and her name was Harley, which was "meant to be" since we ride a big Harley motorcycle.

Our other family members include an 8-year-old small calico cat, Sally, who is sweet as honey. She's so tiny everyone thinks she's a kitten. She's a real doll. Bella, another cat, rounds out our family.

Just before the weather began to be quite cold in the fall of '12, she showed up on our front porch. She couldn't have been more than a couple of months old. We live in the country and it's not unusual for people to "drop" unwanted animals along the roadside or in ditches. We think that's where Bella came from.

She's a grey tabby with topaz-colored eyes and the slightest lynx-points at the top of her ears. She, like Sally, is a real lover and has captivated both of us and we wouldn't trade her for the world.

Harley doesn't sit still long enough to be photographed, so can't share any image of her.

The first photo is our little Sally, reclining on my cutting table in my studio. The second one is of Bella. I was holding her when the photo was taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sally.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	24238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bella - close-up.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24239  

Old 01-27-2016, 05:45 AM   #1295
Executive Chef

Besides our 4 legged babies, we have no-legged animals.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:15 AM   #1296
Wine Guy

These are our two girls. Clover is the Setter and Abby is a Basenji mix (we think). Both are rescues.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #1297
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
These are our two girls. Clover is the Setter and Abby is a Basenji mix (we think). Both are rescues.

I just want to snorggle those two...
Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 AM   #1298
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just want to snorggle those two...
Oh, they appear cute enough to the passive observer, but looks can be deceiving. At first glance Clover seems very innocent, but you'll notice that she's eyeing Abby's rawhide and looking for an opportunity to steal it away.

But yes, I agree. They are very snorggable.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #1299
Chef Extraordinaire

You might like to take a look at this thread: Our pets
Old 04-23-2016, 10:33 PM   #1300
Chef Extraordinaire

Poor Teddy. With the new floor in, VCT tile, he is so confused. He has no rug to use for gripping so he can jump up on my bed and get his scratchies. Not only that but all the furniture has been put back with every piece in a different place. He started to jump up on my bed yesterday and skidded. Every time I think of it, I get the giggles all over again.

But I have found a solution for him. I have two small scatter rugs and I keep one under my bed for him. There is no backing to prevent it from sliding, so I have it sticking out just a bit and can pull it out for him with my foot. Tonight I guess I didn't pull it out far enough for him, so he took his paw and finished the job. He got it out to where he wanted it so he could come and get his scratchies. He also used to get up on my pillow and put his head on top of the bed board and tilt his head so I can scratch his throat and neck. Can't do that anymore. Not unless I put my extra pillow down there for him. Poor baby. He is so confused.

He went looking for the chair that Pirate sits in last night. The chair was empty. He walked around it a couple of times. He finally gave up and went to sleep in his bed. I am sure in time he will adjust. But right now his whole world in my home is just too confusing for him.

Tags
egg