"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #1361
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Dawg, the big bummer about not being here very often is that I miss out on things. I reported about my fur-kid woes but totally missed what you are going through with Beagle. I am glad she is doing "okay" and send hugs and love to both of you.

And thanks to all who have given good wishes for Violet and Monkey. It looks like we will be taking Violet to the vet tomorrow. I was up with kidney stone pain last night and heard her whimpering in her sleep. This morning she didn't eat and her back end is buckling more than ever.
I hope Violet and the Vet can work things out. As for Monkey, she would be the one to get a false positive...almost used one of her 9 lives.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:59 PM   #1362
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

DH and I took the nearly fully-recovered Beagle on a half long walk (those ugly Franken-staples, yuck), and walked by a subdivision house that keeps racing greyhounds in separate little kennels outside. When they hear us coming, they start to bark and whine. Of course I have to go and pat the girls. They are the sweetest dogs, even though Beagle doesn't think so and refuses to go see them. Today, instead of two, there were three greyhounds, so I had to introduce myself to the newcomers and pat and talk to all. Wish I had a camera with me, one was a brindle, and another was a gorgeous three layered shades of gray and black. And then there was the sweet little tan girl.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #1363
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

Beagle got to eat a part of a formerly live mole. DH had her out on her retractable leash, and she dug a couple times in one spot, and came up with a live mole! By the time DH got to her, she'd already consumed part of it. DH was horrified, thinking she'd get sick. I don't think so. I'm proud of my little hunter, apparently we haven't been using her to the best of her capabilities. I have a mole hunter! And to think, all those wasted years using mole traps.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #1364
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Beagle got to eat a part of a formerly live mole. DH had her out on her retractable leash, and she dug a couple times in one spot, and came up with a live mole! By the time DH got to her, she'd already consumed part of it. DH was horrified, thinking she'd get sick. I don't think so. I'm proud of my little hunter, apparently we haven't been using her to the best of her capabilities. I have a mole hunter! And to think, all those wasted years using mole traps.
I hope your neighbours don't use poison on moles in their yards. That would be my only concern.

And yay mighty hunter Beagle!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #1365
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
My mom moved in with my sister for a couple of months, and my mom's little Yorkie went rat hunting. :) Our cute little Brianna nabbed about 3 or 4 rats. Terriers used to be used on ships as "ratters" especially Jack Russell's and Rat Terriers.

My nephew called her "killer"!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #1366
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_1138 View Post
My mom moved in with my sister for a couple of months, and my mom's little Yorkie went rat hunting. :) Our cute little Brianna nabbed about 3 or 4 rats. Terriers used to be used on ships as "ratters" especially Jack Russell's and Rat Terriers.

My nephew called her "killer"!

And Brianna said they were delicious! What an adorable little killer!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:51 PM   #1367
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yay Beagle!!! I saw a couple of Beagle sized bunnies this afternoon in front of Mom & Dad's house.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #1368
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yay Beagle!!! I saw a couple of Beagle sized bunnies this afternoon in front of Mom & Dad's house.

Beagle says thank you, Taxy and PF. She was much more efficient than a former neighbor's Newfoundlander. Bear always got his moles, but he left huge craters in the yard.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:59 PM   #1369
Chef Extraordinaire

Beagle has done Mommy and Daddy real proud. Congrats Beagle!
Old 08-24-2016, 02:14 AM   #1370
Master Chef

Good for you, Beag!!
JD....your little Brianna is a cutie!

Tags
egg