"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #1391
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Thanks, PF.

Beagle is 12. Her tumor was cancerous, fibrosarcoma, but I won't let them carve any more pieces out of her. We're done.

A strange cancer, chemo and radiation don't work on it. Apparently quite common in both cats and dogs, but there's not much they can do about it, other than keep carving pieces out. It doesn't metastasize. Weird.

She still acts like a puppy. Once she starts having cognitive issues, we may have to have the talk.
Aw, poor Beagle. Is the tumour at the site of one of her vaccine injections?

Old 10-11-2016, 05:38 PM   #1392
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Aw, poor Beagle. Is the tumour at the site of one of her vaccine injections?

No. Apparently cats get fibrosarcoma tumors at the vac site, but not dogs. At least according to her vet. It was on her chest.

I'm not putting her through any more invasive procedures, including teeth cleaning. She'll get yearly vaccines, her heartworm tabs, Frontline, and that's enough.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #1393
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
No. Apparently cats get fibrosarcoma tumors at the vac site, but not dogs. At least according to her vet. It was on her chest.

I'm not putting her through any more invasive procedures, including teeth cleaning. She'll get yearly vaccines, her heartworm tabs, Frontline, and that's enough.
It can be other sarcomas too. And some dogs get it as well, though it is more common in cats. I don't blame you for not putting her through any of the really unpleasant procedures. Quality of life is more important.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #1394
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I agree, as long as she is still having fun. I could ship her a crate of bunnies...

Oh please! No bunnies! We have more than enough! Keeps her busy, along with the various and sundry other wildlife.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #1395
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Django is like a ball in a pinball game, never stops.
PF, that is a wonderful description. We always say Monkey is training for the Catolympics as she races around, jumping onto and over things. Only problem is with her being black, I don't see her well at night and have almost tripped several times - she races by you so fast. I love the name, Django!

Quote:
Beagle is 12. Her tumor was cancerous, fibrosarcoma, but I won't let them carve any more pieces out of her. We're done. She still acts like a puppy. Once she starts having cognitive issues, we may have to have the talk.
DG, I am so sorry to hear of Beagle's problems. We went through something similar with our Joie. He had something in his lung. They said they could operate but it wouldn't necessarily stop it. They were right. I will keep you and Beagle in my thoughts and prayers.

I think Monkey has had her last trip outside. I just had a woman complain because Monkey goes in her yard, does her business and chases birds. First of all, as I said, Monkey does all her business in her litter box and she may chase birds but she has only ever "caught" one that I know of and it was already dead. I would rather keep her in anyway but I can't wait until we move that these animals can have more freedom. It may take 4 months to sell our place and while we have found where we want to live, we have to sell first. We are hoping there will be suitable units available when we are ready or we will be moving in with family LOL

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #1396
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

Our friend Charlie went to the vet at 4 pm today to be put down. RIP, sweet Charlie. When we were patting him for the last time on our noon walk, DH managed to step in some Charlie poo. We didn't care, DH wiped it off on another neighbor's lawn.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:28 PM   #1397
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Our friend Charlie went to the vet at 4 pm today to be put down. RIP, sweet Charlie. When we were patting him for the last time on our noon walk, DH managed to step in some Charlie poo. We didn't care, DH wiped it off on another neighbor's lawn.
How sad Dawg. I hope Beagle doesn't have a difficult time adjusting to not seeing Charlie anymore.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:44 PM   #1398
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
How sad Dawg. I hope Beagle doesn't have a difficult time adjusting to not seeing Charlie anymore.

Thanks Addie. Beagle probably won't be too disconcerted, though she'll look around and wonder. DH and I, not so much. We'll miss that big goofy dog who always greeted us. He always had to wait for us when we were spotted from the highway. He would stand in the middle of the road by his house waiting for us.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:06 AM   #1399
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

RIP goofy dog Charlie, he's better off over the Rainbow Bridge.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:21 AM   #1400
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

I held it together today, DH was the one crying when we patted goofy Charlie for the last time. Thankfully I had an extra kleenex in my pocket. I'll have to send Charlie's parents a card.

Tags
egg