Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, sadly...our sweet Harley went over the rainbow bridge this morning.

We rescued her from our local shelter when she was just a pup. She was on death row there because the shelter was ultra-full. She had a week, then...it was the green mile.

We had recently lost our dog, Sadie, of many years, but I received a phone call from Glenn, who was supposed to be running errands, with a comment, "What do you think about having another dog?"

What was I going to say? Yep, and we were the human parents to Harley, a name she was given at the shelter and, surprisingly so, we rode an Harley-Davidson motorcycle at the time...there are no accidents in this world and none on our bike either.

We had her for 14 years, until this morning. She had been suffering from arthritis and a few other health issues, but this morning it was clear she needed some relief.

We took her to our vet who confirmed the worst, so we had her put down. No doubt it was difficult, but we saw her comfortable and relaxed, which gave us some relief.

The 20-mile drive home was nothing short of silent and tearful.

Glenn dug her grave with the tractor. She is/was, oops, a big dog and we are grateful to have had her for our 14 years.

We love you Harley-Mcfarley, Buttercup and all the other names we have bestowed upon you!!
I'm so sorry for your loss, Katie. We lost our sweet kitty Bella last month. It's so hard to say goodbye to our furry family members. Hugs.

Well, sadly...our sweet Harley went over the rainbow bridge this morning.

We rescued her from our local shelter when she was just a pup. She was on death row there because the shelter was ultra-full. She had a week, then...it was the green mile.

We had recently lost our dog, Sadie, of many years, but I received a phone call from Glenn, who was supposed to be running errands, with a comment, "What do you think about having another dog?"

What was I going to say? Yep, and we were the human parents to Harley, a name she was given at the shelter and, surprisingly so, we rode an Harley-Davidson motorcycle at the time...there are no accidents in this world and none on our bike either.

We had her for 14 years, until this morning. She had been suffering from arthritis and a few other health issues, but this morning it was clear she needed some relief.

We took her to our vet who confirmed the worst, so we had her put down. No doubt it was difficult, but we saw her comfortable and relaxed, which gave us some relief.

The 20-mile drive home was nothing short of silent and tearful.

Glenn dug her grave with the tractor. She is/was, oops, a big dog and we are grateful to have had her for our 14 years.

We love you Harley-Mcfarley, Buttercup and all the other names we have bestowed upon you!!
She had a great life with you. She will always be with you in spirit. 💔❤️

Looks a little like my mom's dog, who now lives with me. I don't have a good face photo, but they look very similar in the face.

1712521918079.jpeg

CD

Update on our Harley.

We have used Chewy to purchase food, treats, etc. from them. Couldn't say enough good things about them.

So...today when arrived home from our weekly grocery shopping trip, there was a FedEx box with our name on it. What was it?

It was a bouquet of a dozen fresh roses from Chewy expressing their sympathy at our loss of Harley. They were called Heart of Gold, which described Harley perfectly.

Needless to say, it brought me to tears.

Back
Top Bottom