Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When TB is sleeping in the bed by himself, Violet is always curled up as close to him as she can possible get. I need to move around a lot because of my body pain - I can't stay in one position too long (which is why I wake up so much).

So, when I am sleeping alone in the bed Violet takes up all of TB's side and leaves me alone. When we are both in it, she gets down and goes and sleeps in one of her many beds around the house. She will come up again in the night, but when I move, she's gone.

Now that I have been sleeping a lot in my chair, Vi has started taking over my side and looks pretty ticked when I decide to crawl in during the night. I feel like the "other woman"! :LOL:

Pac, I loved the pics of your dogs. They sure are big, and look so comfy laying there in the sun. :)

Thanks. It was one of the rare times all three were actually sleeping during the day at the same time.

Thank you, LP and Mad Cook, for the catsnot sites. He's about the same this morning -- I'm hoping to play the waiting game for a few more days.
I'll post his photo if I can get it to work.

Attachments

• pretty Larry 10 5 13.jpg
    pretty Larry 10 5 13.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 165
Beagle would love to cuddle with him, and would probably get her nose damaged trying...

I was just looking at a list of cats that love attention and will play with you very readily. Two caught my eye. The first one was Siamese. When my daughter died, my granddaughter had a Siamese that was absolutely devoted to her. If it weren't for Tasha, I don't know how my GD would have gotten through the days after. The only time she every bothered with me was if DG went away for the weekend and Tasha needed and wanted some attention. Then she would jump up on my bed and sleep on the pillow next to my head.

The other cat we had was a Maine Coon. I didn't know the name of it at the time, but everything the article said was so true. That cat grew to be huge. The article said they are the "raccoons" of the cat family. She loved to pounce on my feet as I was walking around the house. And as any of the kids were walking down the long hall, she would come out of one of the rooms and stalk them. Then she would dash in front of them and let out a howl that could be heard outside. She loved to play and gave the family hours of laughter. Anything and everything in the world was just a toy for her. Of the two, I think I loved the Maine Coon the most. :angel:

I think I loved the Maine Coon the most. :angel:

If I didn't need the sadomasochism (with no sexual overtones) relationship ;) I had with my Siamese cats, a Maine Coone would be my choice.

If a person wants a lap kitty, I've heard that Scottish Folds are good for that.

images

Cute 'In box,' Cave.

True, Taxy, true.

I liked watching the TV show, 'My Cat from Hell,' just to see the varieties he came across. All beautiful. All kinda nuts.

This thread has gone to the cats :angel:

Attachments

• Bill the Cat.jpg
    Bill the Cat.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 60
This thread has gone to the cats :angel:

Awww, are you and your puppy babies feeling left out? We love them too Pac.

I didn't know that our cat was a Maine Coon. We just called it a Tabby Cat. Everyone in the household loved that cat. She was so playful. She loved to sleep on the area rug right in the middle of the floor. We would be watching TV, and all of a sudden she would wake up and jump up and pounce as if she was catching a mouse. We named her Starlight. The very tip of her tail was all white. I mentioned that it looked like the North Star. My daughter loved that cat. She died on the bathroom floor from old age while the kids were at school. Maureen was heartbroken. To the day she died, she would always accuse me of getting rid of her, not her dying. I could never convince her I love that cat also. Except in the spring when she would start to shed.

We were in the middle of moving. All the furniture was on the moving truck. Starlight chose that time to have a litter of six kittens. I put her and her kittens in a box and one of the movers put the box on his lap. That was the first thing they carried into the house. I put all of them with the box in the one room that I told the movers not to place anything in. She deserved privacy. She must have met up with another Maine Coon because all the kittens had that very distinctive mark right in the middle of the forehead. After she finished nursing her babies, we had her spayed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Coon_Cat :angel:

Last edited:
Left out? Not at all.
But how many chances do you get to post a picture of Bill the Cat? lol

Back
Top Bottom