"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #1861
Master Chef

Munky, I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your beloved Sophie. ((((hugs))) to you and all who will miss her.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #1862
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I swiped Django's blankets out of HIS chair today for a wash and dry...he sat on the back of the chair all afternoon, looking small and pitiful, until they were dry. He is now fluffing them up to his idea of comfort.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #1863
Wine Guy

I visited my ex today, which means visiting with my two dogs. I really miss those guys, but I just couldn't properly care for a dog where I live now. My yard is small and not fenced, so they are better off with her. Sometimes, though, I feel like I'm missing out on the best years of their lives.
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #1864
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I visited my ex today, which means visiting with my two dogs. I really miss those guys, but I just couldn't properly care for a dog where I live now. My yard is small and not fenced, so they are better off with her. Sometimes, though, I feel like I'm missing out on the best years of their lives.
Yeah, I keep my dog at Mom's, actually he is their dog, but I claim him. We have lots of fun together. I hang out with him in the yard, sometimes not even seeing Mom and Dad.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #1865
Certified Cake Maniac

It's been awhile since I've shown off Miley and she had two "events" this week.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MileyHumboldt1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	29735
Well, this one the event was Jersey day in Canada to honor the 16 people (mostly hockey players in their late teens) from the Junior hockey team out of Humboldt Saskatchewan. Several coaches, the trainer and bus driver also died when their bus collided with a semi-truck on their way to a playoff game in another town. This accident has really brought our Nation together.

Miley didn't have a hockey jersey but her Saskatchewan Roughriders Football hoody did the trick. And she wears it well!

Name:	Siblings1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	29736
On Sunday, Miley got to play with three of her five siblings for the first time since we picked her up five months ago. At first, they didn't really show any recognition or interest. But all of a sudden the chase was on and they never stopped for an hour! It was cold, rainy and muddy but they didn't seem to care. It was so good to see them happy!

We are going to try to get all six dogs together in mid-June to celebrate their first birthday. The shelter gave them May 27th as the day but no one really knows so the fact that two people can't make it in May isn't a big deal. I am commissioned to make a cake for the dogs and someone else is making one for us.

In case you are wondering, there are two girls and two boys. The two that are missing (they live further away) are both boys. Miley's the one on the far right with Ollie looking vicious (he is actually as much of a sweetheart as the rest of them). Luna (far left), is the other female, sparring with Tex.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #1866
Certified Cake Maniac

Steve & PF, when I left my first husband, I couldn't take the cats even though the Mama was mine. Even if I could have, we didn't think splitting them up was a good idea. I didn't want to see the ex but he left a back window open during the day so the two cats could come and go. I would go when I knew he was at work and spend some time in the backyard with them. When he went away I would go feed them and hang out. Friends told me I was crazy helping him out but I wasn't - I did it for me and the cats!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #1867
Honey Badger

Our GR is sleeping away. I feel bad for him it's been a rough week.
He misses Sophie terribly.He's been hanging out with hubby all the time now. Never leaves his side. He just wants someone to care for. Trub has been doing a great job at that.

He was due for his annual rabies vaccine, so we made an appointment with his vet.Though it was a few days wait he began having sneezing fits.
We though it was allergies and gave him Benadryl which helped a little.
He had a day where he was sneezing blood. Not good.

He's on antibiotics now. The vet thinks it could be a tumor in his nasal passage.He's compensating his breathing through his left nostril. Still sneezing on occasion.She want's to do a biopsy on his nose.
He still has a large lump that changes from red to white.

He's been exempt from any and all future vaccines.

Munky.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:49 PM   #1868
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Our GR is sleeping away. I feel bad for him it's been a rough week.
He misses Sophie terribly.He's been hanging out with hubby all the time now. Never leaves his side. He just wants someone to care for. Trub has been doing a great job at that.

He was due for his annual rabies vaccine, so we made an appointment with his vet.Though it was a few days wait he began having sneezing fits.
We though it was allergies and gave him Benadryl which helped a little.
He had a day where he was sneezing blood. Not good.

He's on antibiotics now. The vet thinks it could be a tumor in his nasal passage.He's compensating his breathing through his left nostril. Still sneezing on occasion.She want's to do a biopsy on his nose.
He still has a large lump that changes from red to white.

He's been exempt from any and all future vaccines.

Munky.
I hate hearing about children and pets that are sick. It makes you feel so helpless. Here's hoping that your pet is feeling better real soon.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:00 PM   #1869
Executive Chef

My sweet Gracie past away last week. She was only 4/5 yrs old. Unknown cause but evidently, for whatever reason, I wasn't the only one to suffer loss of geese this year. Doesn't really make me feel better but... what can you say, life goes on.

So at the moment I only have George and Baby Bob. George still keeps looking around for Gracie . But they will have company this coming Thurs. as 2 new girls will be arriving.
baby is in a lid of a barrel with maybe 2 inches of water? If it's wet - they're in!

Gracie, you will never be forgotten - you were a splendid mother. RIP
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150514 resized baby 2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	29769   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150524_1 wk b.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	29770  

Name:	20170703_141224.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	29771  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:01 PM   #1870
Executive Chef

woops! how did that happen - I can't seem to turn the picture up-side-right... sorry about that!