Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nifty idea or torture device? You be the judge.

Sophie has a sore spot in her armpit (no idea how she go it.) So here is a nifty device from chewing on it. It's inflatable and attaches to their collar. She is not able to get to her wound no matter which way she turns. She can't quite figure out what is wrong. She just keeps turning in circles. :ROFLMAO:

After she heals, you can keep it beside the swimming pool as a life saver. :angel:

After she heals, you can keep it beside the swimming pool as a life saver. :angel:

Yes! I have a labrador sized inflatable collar as well. One for each arm. Of course, they are different sizes so I might end up swimming in circles....but I'm all for mutli-tasking tools.

Violet has not been herself lately. She is whiny, won't leave my side for a second, 24/7. She is eating and drinking a lot, but has the runs and is having to go pee a lot too. She licks everything in sight, pants constantly and doesn't have her usual energy. Now I know she is almost 10 and has agressive arthritis in her back legs, but I also know her normal energy levels and I haven't seen them lately. So I called the vet.

This is a relatively new vet we have been only seeing for one year, but Violet took to him instantly. She does with most people, though she has only ever had female vets before. Today, he first thing he noted was that she didn't wag her tail when she saw him outside walking into the clinic. And she would not go near him or eat the treat he offered, big signs she wasn't well.

He took blood and urine samples and has told me to keep her off one of her pain meds until the results come back tomorrow. He gave her a probiotic for nausea which he said could be the licking, drinking, panting and clinginess. He also gave us something for the diarhea. Now to get an extra 4 pills into her at dinner time. She is so sneaky it is impossible to get down the ones she already takes. And I can't give her any extras except the pill pockets we get from there.

You woud think I was talking about a child - but she and Monkey are our furkids! I really hope it is nothing too serious.:(

Oh Violet! LP, I sent you a PM. Beagle had similar symptoms a while back and scared me to death.

Thanks, everyone. She is curled up at my feet on the hard floor even though her cushy bed is right beside. I really think it is pain, but it could be something she ate or anything. She ate her complete dinner including all the new pills so that was a relief.

I guess I am fearing the worst because of Joie's sudden passing last year. I need to stay focused and wait for the results.

Thanks, everyone. She is curled up at my feet on the hard floor even though her cushy bed is right beside. I really think it is pain, but it could be something she ate or anything. She ate her complete dinner including all the new pills so that was a relief.

I guess I am fearing the worst because of Joie's sudden passing last year. I need to stay focused and wait for the results.

I'll hope that she lives forever---- but I also hope that when she goes it will be as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

I know what you're going through. As steward of my animals I always feared that I let them suffer too long.

I was up much of the night with Violet. She was whining and just wanted to be with me. I am about to feed her and give her all her meds, hoping she will go for it all just like last night so I don't have to force them down.

Cave, I don't think we are at that point right now, but I just don't know. I will be waiting for that phone to ring with the test results.

Cave, I don't think we are at that point right now, but I just don't know. I will be waiting for that phone to ring with the test results.

It's a tough call, I know. You'll do what your love for Violet tells you to do.

On a brighter pet note, today is Monkey's first birthday!

What did we get her who has every toy, bed and scratch post imaginable? A bag of Adult cat food to start mixing in with her kitten food. I also left the sliding door open and didn't put her lead on. I think she thought this was heaven... until she got out in the yard and felt the pouring rain. She stayed for about 5 minutes just because she was out, but came back in not looking too happy for being soaken wet! :LOL:

Violet's 10th birthday is June 1st

Last edited:
I just got the mail and there were two birthday cards for Monkey!!!! One was from the vet's office and the other from one of the two 9 year old girls that play with her (she has moved close but not in the complex so doesn't get over as much). The girls at the office yesterday never said a word so as to keep the surprise. I will thank them when I get the results from Violet's tests.

Violet is looking a little better - I think the medications for the nausea and runs are working. But she is still favouring her back legs and acting as if she is in severe pain. I think at this point it may just be an adjustment or change in her pain meds and she will be good to go. She stays on the stomach meds for a week regardless.

Happy birthday to Monkey, and I'm so happy to hear Violet is better. Hang in there.

Our armpit sore is all healed, no more hemorrhoid cushion of shame around the neck.

PF, Monkey loved your "card". It looks like her! She got her first taste of "grown up cat" food tonight, mixed in with her regular crunchies. She ate it all, don't think she paid any attention! :LOL:

Well, call me one of those hysterical mothers. It turns out Violet is okay. The medicines seem to be working and the vet thinks it must have been something she ate or some kind of virus. The blood work shows she is "as healthy as a pup" (his words) and I can go back to her pain meds. He has recommended something we can add if she gets worse, but for now we will leave it alone. She is still whining and clingy, but we are wondering if it is more for attention than anything. He did say that her back end is going to grow weaker and we will have to make decisions down the road, but for now just keep an eye on her.

Thanks everyone for being there. I know I kind of over panicked. But with what happened to Joie just over a year ago and seeing her turn so quickly and markedly, I thought the worst. I am so glad I was wrong.

And now I must go because my "baby" is whining for her mommy! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom