Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear God, It's Me, The Dog

Dear God:
Here is a list of just some of the things I must remember
to be a good Dog.

1. I will not eat the cat's food before he eats
it or after he throws it up.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish,
crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.

3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.

4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.

6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's
underwear when he's on the toilet.

7. Sticking my nose into someone's
crotch is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.

8. I don't need to suddenly stand
straight up when I'm under the coffee table.

9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after.

10. I will not come in from outside,
and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.

11. I will not sit in the middle of the living
room, and lick my crotch.

12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy',
so when I play with him and he makes that noise,
it's usually not a good thing.

Our last kitty used to massage Himself at the least wanted times...when he was sound asleep! I'm surprised that cat didn't end up on the ceiling fan blade!

Love the pug's face around the half-minute mark. Kinda like "please make him stop". :LOL:

Kgirl, I love that!

Craig, I shared the youtube version on Facebook! It is priceless. I wish Monkey would do that for Violet so I wouldn't have to all the time!

The pug (Circe) actually appears to enjoy it and she's a bit of an attention seeker. I have another video of Circe and Mork under the desk (lighting not very good) where he's massaging her forehead and just behind her ear. He "massages" her a lot. Occasionally the other pug too but she can be a bit crotchety and will try to bite him (doesn't see well so misses) and/or get up and leave. The pugs will both be 15 this year, Pandora, the crotchety one, in a couple of weeks.

We had a kitten about 25 years ago that decided to "massage" me on the head too in the middle of the night. He did go flying, mainly because he used his claws and that's not a good thing to do to a person that's in a deep sleep.

Mork's sister Mindy massages me every day, or night I should say. I either get woke up in the middle of the night or early a.m. for our session, sometimes more than once. If her purring close by my head doesn't wake me up, I get a cold nose stuck on mine, with occasionally a lick. Her favorite spot to massage though is from my elbow up to about mid-upper arm so that I can use my other hand to pet her while she's massaging and licking me.

Last edited:
DH went to feed the dog and the bowl was gone. We thought he pushed it around because it was empty but we looked everywhere and couldn't find it. It was rediculous. Finally, DH opened up the cabinet door right next to where the dog bowl usually sits and it struck me. Earlier, I had taken out the pan I use to cook my meatloaf. When I did that, all the pie pans fell out. They had landed on top of the dog bowl, and I just picked up the whole shebang and put it in the cupboard. LOL It still had dog food in it from yesterday! Ewwwwww

I had a silly friend who would say "you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends on the living room couch". :ohmy: To think we were "adults" at the time! :LOL: I may have to get old, but I don't have to grow up.

DH went to feed the dog and the bowl was gone. We thought he pushed it around because it was empty but we looked everywhere and couldn't find it. It was rediculous. Finally, DH opened up the cabinet door right next to where the dog bowl usually sits and it struck me. Earlier, I had taken out the pan I use to cook my meatloaf. When I did that, all the pie pans fell out. They had landed on top of the dog bowl, and I just picked up the whole shebang and put it in the cupboard. LOL It still had dog food in it from yesterday! Ewwwwww

And for supper you served DH ............? :angel:

Our younger cat, Arwen, is grounded. She spent the night outside last night. A thunderstorm woke me up around 1:30 a.m., so I went to the doors to call her - no answer. DH woke up around 3:30 and did the same. Bedraggled cat showed up banging on the back door. Mommy was worried, so she's not going out today. Maybe not tomorrow, either. Daddy says not till October ;)

Attachments

• 2014-07-18 13.00.20.jpg
    2014-07-18 13.00.20.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 171
Our younger cat, Arwen, is grounded. She spent the night outside last night. A thunderstorm woke me up around 1:30 a.m., so I went to the doors to call her - no answer. DH woke up around 3:30 and did the same. Bedraggled cat showed up banging on the back door. Mommy was worried, so she's not going out today. Maybe not tomorrow, either. Daddy says not till October ;)
What a cutie. I can't say I blame you about grounding her.

;) Wait until your first snowfall. Then place her on top of a snow pile. Stand by for the rescue. :angel:

Pretty cat.

Arwen is a beauty. :wub: Don't blame ya for grounding her - I had to do the same thing with mine. LOL, he's gotten used to it now. :LOL:

Our younger cat, Arwen, is grounded...
Pretty Kitty! Get ready to play goalie to your cat's exit attempts. I know whenever either of our kitties tried to run out of the house to explore we had to be quick on our feet, shuffling just right to keep them from darting out the door. They were each supposed to be inside-only kitties, but every one in a while the call of the wild tempted - we prevailed. Midnight did manage to get out one time (total fail on the part of the evil-step-mom-in-law) for a night or two, but eventually came home. With a gift. Which she hid in the garage. Four days later we found her gift. :sick: Littlebit got out once, got to the bottom of the porch steps, then frantically looked for a way back into the house! She never wanted to go out again - a purrfect 'fraidy cat. :LOL:

I couldn't entice either one of ours for a trip outside during the rainstorm we had. They wouldn't even come into the kitchen with the door wide open.

Yes, CG, I know that dance well ;) She did get out once yesterday and, after rolling around on the patio, she ran to hide in the herb garden, but I enticed her out and DH took her by the scruff of the neck (or I'd have another hole in my shirt, I'm sure) and put her back inside.

Right now, she's jealous of the other cat, Bella, who is resting on the front porch.

I have to get up for work on Sunday really early (work from home). Once the pugs woke up, I let them out, then let them back in when they were done and went back to work. Craig got up and came downstairs, walked into the kitchen/family room and said "Why is Mork outside?" I still don't know how he managed to get out but guess he didn't like it much since he was waiting at the door to be let back in. Really going to have to watch out now.

Pretty Kitty! Get ready to play goalie to your cat's exit attempts. I know whenever either of our kitties tried to run out of the house to explore we had to be quick on our feet, shuffling just right to keep them from darting out the door. They were each supposed to be inside-only kitties, but every one in a while the call of the wild tempted - we prevailed. Midnight did manage to get out one time (total fail on the part of the evil-step-mom-in-law) for a night or two, but eventually came home. With a gift. Which she hid in the garage. Four days later we found her gift. :sick: Littlebit got out once, got to the bottom of the porch steps, then frantically looked for a way back into the house! She never wanted to go out again - a purrfect 'fraidy cat. :LOL:

Tasha was my granddaughter's cat. She was about six months old and had never been outside. It was the middle of winter and Val opened the door to the back yard. Tasha ran to the open door. It was windy and very cold outside. One good blast of the cold wind, and she let out a yelp like a banshee. She would never go to that side of the kitchen again. :angel:

Yes, CG, I know that dance well ;) She did get out once yesterday and, after rolling around on the patio, she ran to hide in the herb garden, but I enticed her out and DH took her by the scruff of the neck (or I'd have another hole in my shirt, I'm sure) and put her back inside...
When Midnight (cat #1) would get out, we could entice her back with lunchmeat. We'd each grab a bag from the refrigerator, then head outdoors and start rattling the bags, whistling and calling her name until she came up to one of us. Then that person could grab her. I think she figured it out that if she ran out she would eventually get a special "treat".

tig & bab

my meowers. if stuff can be broken- they'll break said item. if my food is unattended, said food disappears.
i'll find my dinner months thereafter, beneath some random item. if they wanna play with their stuffed toy at 4:00am, you're waking. they said so. & if they get hungry, you'll feed them at 5:00. despite that fact that they both already have food waiting-- they were too busy too look.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom