"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #601
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I am sitting here with a wet cat, who wants scritches. Shreddy was out in the rain and had to be encouraged to come back inside.

This is him yesterday, out in the rain. YouTube is taking forever to get rid of the shakiness of the video. It says the editing is in progress and will be ready in a little while. It's been saying that since last night.

Nice puddy-tat. I love tabbies. Many years ago I knew a girl who had a Burmese who loved water and would roll and play in it whenever he got the chance.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #602
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shreddy looks like he is still having a good time.. He is a very beautiful cat!
Thank you, I think he's beautiful.

He does seem to still having a good time. He really likes his little outings into the yard. He has been out in the rain a second time this morning. This time he seemed to want to check something on the far side of the yard. Once he had checked, he came back in.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #603
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
MC, your lovely boy sounds wonderful.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #604
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We are having "Kitten Teriyaki" tonight...both brats started in on me at 1 AM this morning, crawling over me and hollering for me to feed them. Close to every hour...arrrgh!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #605
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shreddy looks like he is still having a good time.. He is a very beautiful cat!
Everything she said!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #606
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Horse is very wary of dogs he doesn't know and is plain scared of German Shepherds.
I don't know if it helps but Violet is a border collie boxer who doesn't know she is a dog.....she thinks she is human and we don't have the heart to tell her otherwise!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #607
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I don't know if it helps but Violet is a border collie boxer who doesn't know she is a dog.....she thinks she is human and we don't have the heart to tell her otherwise!
I once had a dog like that. She thought she made all the decisions in the house. I wonder if it's just bitches or if dogs are like that too.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #608
Chef Extraordinaire

I can understand very easily your love of Horse. We have wild mustangs here in the States. I love watching them run across the hills. Every year they have a roundup of them and certain ones are put up for adoption. Those that aren't adopted are sent back to be wild. Adoption is not that easy either. You have to prove that you own a ranch or farm for the horse and that the horse will not be used for rodeo or other purpose that will be harmful to the animal. Then once you get the animal home, the hard work begins. It is up to the new owner to break it and turn it into a horse that can be ridden. Good Luck to the new owner.

We still have fox hunting here, mostly in Virginia as far as I know. When Jackie Kennedy was in the White House she often would go to the hounds! Of course that meant the Secret Service had to ride along with her and keep up with her.

There was a group of 4-H girls from another part of the state that rode without a bridle, saddle or any leather at all. They gave all the commands with only their knees. No hands at all. Needles to say, they always went home with the Blue Ribbon.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #609
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
I once had a dog like that. She thought she made all the decisions in the house. I wonder if it's just bitches or if dogs are like that too.
No, Teddy thinks he is human also. He loves cheese, and most food that humans eat. Including veggies. Spike buys Teddy roast beef while he eats leftover rotisserie chicken. He used to buy turkey for him. But ever since Spike started to buy the roast beef, he won't touch the turkey meat. Spoiled rotten!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #610
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I am sitting here with a wet cat, who wants scritches. Shreddy was out in the rain and had to be encouraged to come back inside.

This is him yesterday, out in the rain. YouTube is taking forever to get rid of the shakiness of the video. It says the editing is in progress and will be ready in a little while. It's been saying that since last night.

So glad to hear that Shreddy is still able to enjoy his treks outdoors.

Tags
egg